U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 11:59 AM

47 posts, read 71,859 times

Advertisements

I feel like most people think Riverside is just hot, smogy, and dumpy. Does anyone love riverside?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2012, 12:09 PM

16,585 posts, read 20,542,878 times
Are you getting this from people who actually live there, or the C-D naysayer battalion?

Old 03-07-2012, 02:00 PM

15,237 posts, read 25,509,087 times
Yeah --- I LOVE Riverside!

Old 03-07-2012, 02:11 PM

3,116 posts, read 4,081,928 times
I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Is that enthusiastic enough for you?

I was born in San Diego, grew up in Valley Center and Vista, and went to college in San Diego, and lived in Fallbrook for years. I've lived near the coast in La Costa and a couple of blocks from the beach in Oceanside. I've lived downtown in the Gaslamp District and on Cortez Hill, and in Banker's Hill and North Park, at various times. I've also lived in Los Angeles and Orange Counties, and I spent a year in school in Santa Maria. So I have experienced most of Southern California, with a brief stay in Central California.

After living in all those places I know that the two most important qualities for me are an area that gets plenty of sunshine, and that has lots of historic homes and buildings, with an historic core downtown area. Riverside and Redlands are the only two cities that I know of in Southern California that fit those criteria perfectly. So for me, yeah, I love Riverside.

I also love Fallbrook, and lived there longer than any other place - I love it's oak trees and vegetation, the small town atmosphere, the little downtown area, and the community spirit. But it has fewer historic homes and buildings than Riverside or Redlands...

Old 03-07-2012, 05:35 PM

185 posts, read 212,828 times
I love downtown Riverside! Every time I go up there it seems really great, with the historic stuff (Mission Inn, museums, parks, etc) as well as a bunch of good restaurants.

Old 03-09-2012, 01:03 AM

92 posts, read 152,823 times
Yep! I love Riverside - came here for college 13 years ago and have pretty much been here ever since, except for two years living in South Orange County (which I liked but would still prefer living in Riverside). Riverside has one of the best downtowns in SoCal (and it's only getting better), great proximity to the rest of Southern California, great climate, great people. I could go on

Old 03-09-2012, 07:40 AM

9,245 posts, read 12,389,528 times
I love Riverside because
Spoiler
I'm not there anymore!

I kid, I kid.

It is a very underrated city, never gets the rep it truly deserves. It's real, and not pretentious, which is all I could ever ask for. Not ashamed to be from there in the least (LSHS '01 FTW).

Old 03-09-2012, 10:32 AM

47 posts, read 71,859 times
well, it's official. My husband was offered the job on Wednesday and he accepted it. We are moving to Riverside. He was out there this week and he thought it was fine, of course they put him up in the Mission Inn! I think we will aim for the Wood Streets.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:37 PM

92 posts, read 152,823 times
Great neighborhood, you'll love it. Welcome to Riverside!

Old 03-13-2012, 05:49 PM

48 posts, read 80,971 times
Here's hoping that you love your new neighborhood and new city.

Personally, the only time I loved Riverside was when I was a kid (because we were in a great area) and when I left it as an adult. Like everything else in this state, your opinion is shaped by where you are and if you're willing to put some effort into making a bad situation good. We were in a so-so area when we bought our condo in the downtown area and sadly, it went downhill due to the economy. Thankfully tho', we made the best of our situation and as long as we kept the inside of our home a pleasant atmosphere to be, we could enjoy our living in Riverside while we waited to move.

The Wood streets are filled with beautiful homes. I remember my parents driving us through there on Christmas when we were kids. During the summer, check out the Music in the Park in the various Riverside parks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties