Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 11:38 PM

2 posts, read 11,742 times

Advertisements

hemet sucks. wished i still lived in alabama where people were nice & polite. out here you got another thing coming. and the rent sucks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2014, 09:46 AM

2,145 posts, read 5,069,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
It's funny, but most people would say that kids out riding their bikes at night is a sign of a safe neighborhood. When did that turn into something bad?

As for the prostitutes, I saw more on El Cajon Boulevard, when I lived in San Diego. It's all relative!
This is a non sensical reply. SD is a large metro area and ECB is 'the' section where prostitutes are found, for the most part. Hemet is a small town and with a visible presence of prostitutes, yes, this is significant! yikes. It's all relative when you don't have a family, I suppose, and if you are a guy and just don't care, But...In *most* places, you can choose whether or not you want to deal with certain elements of society. As it should be. Just b/c one person may find the underbelly of a city fascinating, doesn't mean everyone wants to explore that. Not everyone who lives in amsterdam goes to the red light district, either.

Old 02-19-2014, 09:55 AM

2,145 posts, read 5,069,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober13 View Post
Arguing about the types of people in an area doess no good. ENDING POVERTY, making it a priority to END poverty and create opportunity for disadvantaged youth is what is needed all over the nation.

Moving from one neighborhood to the next accomplishes nothing. That is running away from a problem instead of fixing the problem. If schools are top notch in poor neighborhoods, with tutoring, after school programs, job training, investment training for kids while in school, along with higher paying part time jobs for kids with poor parents, within 10 years crime would dramatically drop.

Desperation and hopelessness causes crime. Racism has caused much poverty.

What can you or we as people do to push for these types of changes in this country?

I am not against prostitution. It serves a need. But when prostitutes are walking the street, they are desperate, and many times being pimped. Pimps are desperate. They lack education and opportunity. Prostitution by choice inside closed doors like massage parlors where the provider is selling her body to another consenting adult is fine. You don't see masseuses out on the street do you?

Again people are poor and desperate, and that is why they rob and steal and do street hustles.

All you can do now is protect your house with an alarm and security doors. Keep your doors locked and be aware of your surroundings. Crime is everywhere. Make your home a hard target for a burglar.
Yes, but moving from one area to another DOES solve your immediate problem. It certainly solves nothing to keep one's own children in underperforming schools with high crime areas. We all know that prostitutes and pimps are the product of many factors. Desperation and poverty are obviously factors in many crimes. That doesn't excuse it. Nor does it make people want to stay in an area. 'Crime happens everywhere, make your home a hard target for a burgler?' Seriously? So, it's the victim's fault? Also, crime does happen everywhere, but the degree to which one is subjected to it is not the same everywhere, by a long shot. And it does impact quality of life. I always wonder why people say that 'crime happens everywhere'. Like it's some kind of solution or response to someone's concern?

Old 02-22-2014, 04:25 PM

5 posts, read 18,545 times
Lizaj419 I am sorry for your woes, we are Winchester and we are being driven out by gangs, drugs and cops who don't give a D or can't beat it .If we had the monies we'd move. Our lives have been threatened our home smoked out and chemical smells out, A report to we tip put cops at our door causing more problems. Good luck, Get out when you can also.

Old 06-20-2014, 08:45 PM

1 posts, read 6,239 times
I moved to Hemet 2 years and 2 months ago. I had never been here before and my first time was to look at the home I live in now. It's in east Hemet which is a big difference from the west part of town which starts about a few miles away. However, since we do have a shopping market and a few other businesses around we have the usual loiterers and beggers which sucks. I don't feel to threatened coming from Los Angeles but I do have the feeling that I do need to "watch my back" when out in public more so than when I lived in the San Fernando valley, a suburb of Los Angeles. But, then again the homes were 4x as much and up there. So, you get what you pay for I guess and for the price I paid I feel I got a bargain. The scenery is nice with all the mountains, open fields, and land. And, then you have the National Forest which begins about 10 minutes from my house. My personal plusses are that I'm closer to family that live in Palm Desert and to San Diego and the beaches down there which is one of my favorite places to visit, and possibly move to someday. But, for now, Hemet is fine. If nothing else, it was a great investment opportunity for me. I do feel like it is a spring-board though to something better and more peaceful.

Old 06-21-2014, 06:34 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
Crime everywhere you go!

I live in Spokane, Wa.....packed to the brim with Ghettobillies and Tweakzombies.

Old 06-21-2014, 08:02 PM

3,477 posts, read 6,507,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Crime everywhere you go!

I live in Spokane, Wa.....packed to the brim with Ghettobillies and Tweakzombies.
Well, if nothing else I've learned two new synonyms for trash by visiting the forums today.

Old 07-23-2015, 06:09 PM

1 posts, read 5,440 times
I have lived in Hemet since 2004 and I have watched Hemet change for the worst. So many homeless, criminals, unemployed people and section 8....it is shameful! The police are trying but, there just isn't enough police in this town to clean up the mess. The criminals are aware and continue to run wild committing crimes. No one is safe in this town. Thank goodness the home values are finally increasing. ...I am looking forward in selling my house and moving . Leaving all this trash behind!

Old 08-19-2015, 08:54 AM

1 posts, read 5,294 times
Is Section 8 the problem? I think it's a rumor but I heard that criminals cant live within 60 miles of the scene of their crimes, so Hemet is just outside that range for crimes in LA. Is that true or is it just Section 8? We live in the foothills with a good view of Hemet, but if you are trying to find ingredients for a recipe, Hemet only allows one grocery store here. Stater Bros Sucks!

Old 09-24-2015, 04:02 PM

1 posts, read 5,138 times
Wow, a huge discrepancy in stories, My husband and I have been in the Hemet and Purchased a new home in San Jacinto since 2004, and have had not experienced any crime what so ever. Nor have I seen any crimes committed. I guess we are just the lucky ones. We have taken precautions with a great alarm system, and are very Happy here in San Jacinto!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties