U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-03-2012, 06:58 AM

46 posts, read 64,959 times
Default All Star Cheer (L4-5) best locations to live

My 71 year old mom, myself (43), my friend and her 16 year old daughter are all moving to CA in the next few months. We were set on San Luis Obispo b/c it has reasonable rental prices, good air quality, low crime rates, it is horse country, community oriented, by the ocean, smaller in population, low earthquake risk and has not too ostentatious a population of people.

Here's the rub though...My friend's daughter LIVES for her All Star cheer squad. We need to find a community (hopefully that lies within an hour-or-so drive) to a good squad. Is it possible to find a community that has the characteristics of SLO but closer to LA?

And just some other facts: jobs are not of issue, rental prices are DEFINITELY an issue, San Diego is not an option and no cheering for a school is not an option either (these all star squads are competition teams doing dangerous lifts, tumbling and gymnastics within a tight team setting).

Thanks so much for any help you can give. Even if it is recommending other towns/areas you believe could be like SLO and have nothing to do w/cheer. I welcome your feedback.

Last edited by deniseld; 04-03-2012 at 07:09 AM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 01:35 PM

3,116 posts, read 3,886,596 times
Maybe if you told us which cities have this type of squad, we could recommend places to live nearby? LA is a big county, with a lot of traffic, so our answers will differ based on where these squads are located.

As for towns that are like San Luis Obispo, I lived up in that area for a year and if you want what San Luis Obispo has to offer, for San Luis Obispo prices, you'll have to move up there. Personally I love San Juan Capistrano, but it's in Orange County, so it probably wouldn't fit your "not too ostentatious a population of people" preference. I also love Riverside and Redlands, but they're not close to the ocean. And I love Encinitias and Leucadia and Fallbrook and Bonsall - but they're in San Diego, which you say is not an option. We have lots of GREAT places to live in this part of Southern California - but none of them are quite like San Luis Obispo.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties