Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 03:52 AM

50 posts, read 86,026 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone!

I would appreciate any advice I can get! I am a 28 year old single girl who is a working professional. I know that right now is a good time to buy a home and I am soooo tired of renting! I want to own my own home where my kids (2 dogs and 1 cat) can have exercise room and where I can safely jog!

I have been living in SoCal for the past 10 years- mostly OC, currently San Gabriel Valley area, and Loma Linda for 3 yrs while in nursing school. My IDEAL living area is Newport Coast, but the cost makes it unrealistic! I want to avoid LA mainly because of the traffic and amount of people- I like the surburban!

I am thinking of Rancho Cucamonga. In my opinion, Rancho seems like the best city in the IE region, more upscale, and overall a good place to live. However, I have been skimming the forums and it brings up concerns for me... about crime and all-but some info seems a few years old, so I want more current information. Which areas of Rancho should I avoid? I was always under the impression that near Victoria Gardens and the 210 is safe. I also saw people post stuff about crime mapping... and frankly, checking that site is scaring me! I drove around Rancho all day the other day checking out homes and felt safe driving around... but I also looked at homes that took me into older parts of Rancho, which I am unsure about.

Please help me! I will be a girl, living alone ... I want to be in a safe place that is a good investment. I plan on buying a home to stay in for the long term! It should be safe enough to be out at night, jog in the morning... Thank you for any info you can give me!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 09:41 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,928,986 times
With a crime index of 166, it's one of the safest places in the IE. Look into Alta Loma as well.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:36 AM

1,626 posts, read 4,012,837 times
Pretty much anything in Rancho Cucamonga is going to be safe. Stay west of I15 and if you find places you like along 4th street stay east of Haven. A basic rule of thumb is stay away from the city borders to be the safest.

Old 05-14-2012, 05:48 PM

185 posts, read 511,846 times
Rancho Cucamonga is overall a very safe, clean city. I would highly recommend it.

Old 05-14-2012, 09:29 PM

22 posts, read 106,674 times
Rancho Cucamonga is one of the safest areas in the inland empire. It's a safe city with great school districts and an affluent population. I think the 91739 zip code is the most desirable area.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
With a crime index of 166, it's one of the safest places in the IE. Look into Alta Loma as well.
Is Alta Loma a city or a neighborhood?

Old 05-14-2012, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcjunior View Post
Rancho Cucamonga is one of the safest areas in the inland empire. It's a safe city with great school districts and an affluent population. I think the 91739 zip code is the most desirable area.
Thanks for the zipcode. That helps me to narrow down the area better! Do you know of areas that I should avoid if possible?

Old 05-14-2012, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunbar42 View Post
Pretty much anything in Rancho Cucamonga is going to be safe. Stay west of I15 and if you find places you like along 4th street stay east of Haven. A basic rule of thumb is stay away from the city borders to be the safest.
Thanks! I'll make sure to stay west of the I-15. What's along 4th Street? I think that is getting too close to Ontario... and I do not feel as safe in Ontario, nor do I want to be that close to the airport. If I stay west of the I-15 and say north of either Foothill or Baseline, I should be pretty safe, right?

Old 05-14-2012, 11:30 PM

Default CrimeMapping

I'm looking at this crime-mapping thing because I read about it on one of the forums. Does anyone know how accurate it is? I'm wondering if the information is true enough to relay on, or if it is biasedly reported. If it is a good tool to use, then I'd like to use it to see what crimes are happening around the homes that I like.

Old 05-15-2012, 05:51 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,923,286 times
I would rank Rancho zips in this order:
91701 and 91739

Generally, the further north the better, but without accurate weight against where you live now, it's hard to know how "safe" it would be for you.

However, most people consider virtually the entire city pretty darn safe (i.e. if you wouldn't feel safe there, you probably wouldn't feel safe anywhere).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties