Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 06:58 AM

105 posts, read 482,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_D View Post
well thanks for the advice.

i had to go check it out for myself.

what i saw was something straight from the movies

and it isnt just edgemont,
i went to check out some other apartments,

as soon as i turned the corner all i see is white shirts and bald heads walking towards my car

im staying clear of Moval
Wow, not that is a little scary especially since I'm moving to MoVal in about a month. LOL I don't know what part of MoVal exactly my dad lives in but I know it's within walking distance of La Jolla Elementary. Please tell me that isn't a very bad area? From the pics I've seen it didn't look like it, it looked nice and peaceful. Help!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2007, 11:12 AM

Location: SoCal native (Riverside), now in the Seattle area...
102 posts, read 599,135 times
la jolla elementary moreno valley - Google Search

Here's where La Jolla elementary is.. Seems to be a pretty decent area of the MoVal still, although I haven't lived there in about 11 1/2 years... Visited a buddy of mine back in August who still lives in that general area of MoVal and he said it's still a nice area, not the greatest, but nowhere near the craphole alot of parts of MoVal still are...

Old 11-12-2007, 12:59 PM

105 posts, read 482,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwraider View Post
la jolla elementary moreno valley - Google Search

Here's where La Jolla elementary is.. Seems to be a pretty decent area of the MoVal still, although I haven't lived there in about 11 1/2 years... Visited a buddy of mine back in August who still lives in that general area of MoVal and he said it's still a nice area, not the greatest, but nowhere near the craphole alot of parts of MoVal still are...
Whew! OK, that makes me feel better. Thank you.

Old 11-15-2007, 07:35 AM

2,896 posts, read 6,633,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateTae View Post
Wow, not that is a little scary especially since I'm moving to MoVal in about a month. LOL I don't know what part of MoVal exactly my dad lives in but I know it's within walking distance of La Jolla Elementary. Please tell me that isn't a very bad area? From the pics I've seen it didn't look like it, it looked nice and peaceful. Help!!
that particular area is pretty much all brand new and you are aways away from the really bad stuff. The nice thing is that you can do all of your shopping etc right there in the east end of town now. I used to live in the northeast end of town (Redlands/Locust) and we had to go into the central or west part of the city for everything.

Old 11-15-2007, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by da jammer View Post
that particular area is pretty much all brand new and you are aways away from the really bad stuff. The nice thing is that you can do all of your shopping etc right there in the east end of town now. I used to live in the northeast end of town (Redlands/Locust) and we had to go into the central or west part of the city for everything.
Yeah I couldn't believe it when I went down to visit my buddy in August and saw all the brand new shopping centers and strip malls in that part of town.. Only makes sense though with all the building going on... When he used to live over by the golf course (right across the road from MoVal hospital) about 12-13 years ago, we had to drive up to Alessandro/Perris Blvd area just to get some McDonalds or Del Taco... We couldn't even get pizza delivered out there, there wasn't one close enough... How times have changed...

Old 11-15-2007, 10:27 AM

BTW, just to post something relevant to the topic of this thread, I don't know if Edgemont has improved AT ALL in the last 10-12 years since I lived there, but in the 25 years I did live in Moreno Valley (or Sunnymead way back when), it was considered the worst part of town. I had various uncles and aunts that lived there for short periods of time over the years, but as I grew into adulthood I pretty much shied away from that particular part of town. But with all the building they've done over by the Mall and the outlying areas near there, there may be some improvements to the way of life in the area..

You would probably need some feedback from current residents or someone close to the area to get more of a correct gauge of how things are there now...

Old 11-18-2007, 11:04 AM

14 posts, read 66,589 times
Grew up on Heacock and Myers. We moved to Hemet in 91. Moved to Arizona in 2006. The last time i've been there, was maybe 3 years ago. It's horrible!!

Old 11-23-2007, 05:24 PM

852 posts, read 3,813,332 times
Edgemont is a fairly small part of Moreno Valley, and while it's sketchy, it's a self-contained sketchy. OK areas to the (far) north and (far) east of there. Schools aren't that great in general. Area works better if it's approached as a short-term step.

Old 11-25-2007, 09:16 AM

22 posts, read 134,827 times
To answer the original question, technically, Edgemont doesn't exist anymore. Most of the people who live in Moreno Valley relocated there after the city incorporated in 1984 and have no idea about it or Sunnymead or Moreno. Sunnymead today is a street and the name of two public schools. I used to teach in the Moreno Valley Unified School District. I hope it has improved from an administrative point of view. There was one administrator who got caught with drugs at one of the high schools about twenty years ago (hiding her son's stash) and the one I worked for ended up getting fired after I moved on to another district.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties