Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 10:48 AM

4 posts, read 23,241 times

Advertisements

Is East 48th Street, San Bernardino, CA SAFE? Wildwood Park Area.

The neighborhoods looks very nice, no graffiti or much around the areas. Does anyone know if this area, I guess it's considered Wildwood Park, is a safe place to live? Anyone know of people in that area that have any opinions on it? I've heard that area is a good bet for San Bernardino but hoping to get some feedback from everyone here. Your feedback is very much appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2013, 11:09 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,942,396 times
I consider it safe, and would live there with no hesitation. unlike certain other parts of the city.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:44 AM

Thanks Fontucky, I've been trying to research all over this forum and other places on the web and really can't find too much info. I currently live in Rancho Cucamonga right now which is considered a safe area, but I think it all depends on who you live near. I had a neighbor shot and killed and my wifes car stolen just last week. But again thanks for the input and would love to hear any one elses opinions.

Old 03-16-2013, 02:28 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,389,384 times
There were two murders of elderly people within 1/4 of a mile here within the last 2 months. Check the archives of the San Bernardino Sun for this. One of the murders was on 40th Street in January, I believe. I work in San Bernardino (live in Lake Arrowhead), and I wouldn't live on 48th Street if you gave the house to me. I drive by here every single day during my commute, have students who live here and know the area exceedingly well.

The salient point is this: you do NOT want to live in San Bernardino. It's a terrible, dangerous, and uncongenial place to live. No one lives here if they can afford to get out. Right by 48th Street is Valencia Avenue, which fronts the golf course. Drive on this street if you haven't already. It's one of the most beautiful streets in Southern California. But you can't sell a house here (many of them mansions), to save your life. Why? Because it's located in a dangerous, miserable area. It's an oasis in a sea of gangs and filth.

One other thing: at least 2 dead bodies were dumped and discovered in Wildwood Park in 2008 (or '09) and the following year. I see homeless bums in the park nearly every day when I drive home.

Old 03-16-2013, 03:10 PM

Elderly San Bernardino couple beaten by home invasion robber - San Bernardino County Sun

I found the article you brought up Ulysses61 thank you for the heads up on this one. Wow so it seems even up North near the mountains there aren't any safe areas in San Bernardino it seems. I did a Google street view of Valencia and yes it looks like a beautiful drive. That's just sad such a beautiful looking neighborhood is so miserable.

Thank you again Ulysses61. Does anyone know about the area up North some more? 48th street and up?

Old 03-16-2013, 03:25 PM

Seniors targeted in four home invasion robberies in San Bernardino - San Bernardino County Sun

I found this one too...

Old 03-21-2013, 05:44 PM

3 posts, read 9,806 times
I lived in that area for over 30 years -- North End Berdoo. The gang situation is worse than it was years ago. Back then, the gangs didn't mess with you as long as you didn't mess with them. Nowadays, you can get shot and killed by a 14-year gang member who's trying to make a name for himself. (I believe it was Circle Road where there was an elderly man taking a walk at 5 a.m. and was shot by a young gang kid.) I can drive all over Berdoo and point out where the murders too place over the years ... jewelry store on E Street, donut shop on Highland, dead body on 34th, etc.....

But on the other hand, I still love Berdoo. I'd love to move back there ~ it's my home. Be aware of your surroundings and lock up anything you don't want stolen & you'll be fine.

Old 03-22-2013, 01:45 PM

2,985 posts, read 4,885,496 times
Why would anyone move to San Bernardino???

Old 03-23-2013, 08:08 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,936,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatsbyGatz View Post
Why would anyone move to San Bernardino???
Let's play devil's Chamber of Commerce here:

"Affordable housing"
"Easy commute"
"Spectacular mountain views"
"Easy access to the San Bernardino Mountains"
"A top-rate university"
"Convenient to Loma Linda Hospital"
"Major touring acts at Glen Helen Pavilion (or whatever they call it today)"
"Hospitality Lane"

Need we say more?

Feel free to continue....

Old 03-30-2013, 06:45 PM

9 posts, read 30,867 times
I agree with Ulysses61, don't move there if you don't have to. You can easily check crime stats on this site and compare to other cities and you will see that the crime is high. It is also a city that has filed for bankruptcy protection, still in court though, but public safety has been cut back. 90 less Police Officers than 4 yrs ago. A rise in crime reflects this.

And to David Aguilar, yes you are close to things but where are you gonna feel comfortable shopping or having your wife or kids shop without you? Not anywhere in San Bernardino, unless you were born and raised in San Bernardino or some ghetto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties