Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2013, 03:00 PM

2 posts, read 5,370 times

Advertisements

Might be moving to the La Quinta area and trying to factor out utility costs (water, g&e, etc.). Were from San Diego, but relocating to the cove for work. It looks like we will be heading out sometime next month, just in time for high gas and electric bills! Also looking for info on La Quinta neighborhoods and schools. Any input? Especially for a family with two little kids. TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 11:27 PM

4,135 posts, read 2,838,158 times
Are you looking solely in the cove? What's your budget? house prices in La Quinta are steadily on the rise (for now). School-wise, all depends on where you move and what school your kids are zoned for, there's good and bad. My wife is a teacher, all of our friends are teachers, I can ask them anything you wish.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:42 PM

209 posts, read 316,610 times
If you're on the east side of Jefferson, I believe, you'll be in the Imperial Irrigation District where the electricity rates are significantly less than they are for us poor souls in Southern California Edison's evil clutches. I think most of the schools in La Quinta are considered to be pretty good schools. I think most LQ neighborhoods are probably fine, too. A friend of mine lives in the cove and it has the benefit of nearby hiking trails and the ability to walk to "Old Town" LQ for restaurants.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:56 PM

2 posts, read 5,370 times
***UPDATE***

Well it's in stone (well, paper at least)! My family and I are relocating to the area next week. We went out and check out homes a few weeks ago and settled on a rental located right in "the Cove." My daughter will be attending the John Adams Elementary school and the area is beautiful and somewhat secluded. I hope we will enjoy the area and change of pace. My husband and I have been working and address changes/ services set-ups/ transfers. It is quite exhausting! We have come to find that the area is more family-friendly than we anticipated, pretty much all schools are outstanding, and the cost of living seems similar with San Diego with the addition of now having pool maintenance (water, gas, etc...).

My question now is what provider would you folks recommend for internet services? We are using Dish Network as our tv provider and they are now doing internet but wanted to get input. We have used Cox and AT&T. I can not stand AT&T due to customer service and service overall. We have about 4 modems now that we have had to buy/rent from them!! Complete waste of money. Anyhow, any suggestions and reviews (quality, customer services, rates) would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 05-02-2013, 04:26 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,035,633 times
I have Time Warner (Roadrunner) and have no problems with it. We have 5 computers in the house - all with Windows 8 - and all on a wireless network. We're happy with our service. Oh, we are in La Quinta as well ... (and on IID).

Old 05-02-2013, 05:07 PM

687 posts, read 1,494,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I have Time Warner (Roadrunner) and have no problems with it. We have 5 computers in the house - all with Windows 8 - and all on a wireless network. We're happy with our service. Oh, we are in La Quinta as well ... (and on IID).
We're on Time Warner, also. Their modem, plus a wireless router, with 4 computers. No problems. Lucky you get IID!

Old 05-02-2013, 11:12 PM

4,135 posts, read 2,838,158 times
Time Warner here as well (in LQ), zero complaints.

Old 05-13-2013, 01:51 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,807,429 times
I use Verizon FIOS for internet, and am happy with it.
I'm in north La Quinta (north of 111) and also have IID.

Old 05-08-2014, 10:10 PM

7 posts, read 12,300 times
Jessica i know its been about a year since these posts. I hope all is going well. My family and I are gonna be making the move to possibly La Quinta. At least thats where our research has let us to look in renting a home. Will be moving sometime next month 06/14. How has your experience been. Any info is appreciated as we prepare to make the move from Tacoma, WA. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties