Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2013, 10:44 PM

2 posts, read 2,316 times

Advertisements

My family is relocating to California from New Mexico this summer for my husband's job. We have narrowed it down to two areas and wanted some local input on Redlands and Beaumont....curious about schools, housing, the over all area, safety, etc. Any information would be helpful and appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 08:18 AM
QIS

920 posts, read 5,135,713 times
It depends on where he is working; if he is going ot be in Redlands or west of that, then Redlands; if he is going to be in Beaumont, then east of Beaumont. or Moreno valley, then Beaumont. There area variety of neighborhoods in each city: a trip out to take tours of each is a great idea! If you are renting, then you can shop rentals at that time. If you are going to buy, then make sure you get an experienced BUYER'S agent. The RE market is weird right now and you need someone who will communicate well and fight hard for your family! Welcome!

Old 05-21-2013, 03:00 PM

2 posts, read 2,316 times
Thanks! My husband is going to be working in Cabazon. The schools seem better in Redlands but housing prices seem better in Beaumont.

Old 05-21-2013, 03:18 PM
QIS

920 posts, read 5,135,713 times
Beaumont for sure then. There are some nice older homes in then northern Banning and Beaumont areas, there are newer homes closer to the 10 freeway ( as you may already know).

Old 05-21-2013, 05:31 PM

73 posts, read 246,155 times
Congratulations on the escape from the land of entrapment! There are some nice neighborhoods(& not so nice) in Banning and Beaumont. Both towns are pretty affordable. Rent first, for sure. You could also consider Whitewater if you like more rural. I have a friend that works at Cabazon and commutes from Desert Hot Springs, but I wouldn't suggest that city to anyone. You don't say where in NM you're coming from, but be prepared for HOT weather! The further west you go on the 10, the more traffic congestion. I spent 1 1/2 yrs in ABQ until I moved to Palm Springs, 5 yrs ago. Good luck on your move. Any place can be a good place if you make it that way. Well, with the exception of Barstow.....lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties