Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2013, 12:30 PM

280 posts, read 421,855 times

Advertisements

I went to Fairmount Park today in Riverside and there was one parking spot left with a plastic chair on it. I didn't see anyone so I moved the chair and parked there. This lady comes running towards me saying it's "her" space that's she's saving for a friend. I let her know it's a public parking lot. She yells at me using profanities all in front of my child. Way to go to celebrate the 4th of July, lady. We left after a short time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2013, 02:23 PM

162 posts, read 381,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan_Davis View Post
I went to Fairmount Park today in Riverside and there was one parking spot left with a plastic chair on it. I didn't see anyone so I moved the chair and parked there. This lady comes running towards me saying it's "her" space that's she's saving for a friend. I let her know it's a public parking lot. She yells at me using profanities all in front of my child. Way to go to celebrate the 4th of July, lady. We left after a short time.
People are dumb. I'd of parked there as well

Old 07-04-2013, 03:29 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,469,320 times
Quote:
You did nothing wrong.

[your car will be stripped and on blocks by the time you get back, tho...]

Old 07-04-2013, 03:41 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,562,861 times
People are nuts! Be careful! People put chairs on the street on Naples Island (Long Beach) whenever there's something going on. It's a public street, but I've seen a few screaming matches over it.

Old 07-04-2013, 03:45 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,936,349 times
L'enfer c'est les autres.

Old 07-04-2013, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
You did nothing wrong.

[your car will be stripped and on blocks by the time you get back, tho...]

I thought it would get keyed so we hightailed it out of there after 20 min. It's a shame, we drove 30 min to get there. Oh well.

Old 07-04-2013, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
L'enfer c'est les autres.
You said it! I needed google translate for that one.

Old 07-04-2013, 04:22 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,936,349 times
Jean-Paul Sartre famously said that.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:24 PM

111 posts, read 328,048 times
Quote:
I thought it would get keyed so we hightailed it out of there after 20 min. It's a shame, we drove 30 min to get there. Oh well.
Imagine going thru that where you live. Where I live, there is reserved parking but only 1 spot per apartment, almost each apt has 2 or more cars, there are only so many non reserved spaces maybe 25 or so for the 2nd car so yeah its a daily battle. Also the spots are narrow and are compact size so when you back out, you have to inch it fwd then reverse, then fwd etc if you drive anything larger than a toyota yaris or you will smack into more cars behind you. Narrow spots and drive way. It sucks.

What pisses me off to no end is space hoggers, instead of using a chair, they use another car: they will pull their car out, then have the 2nd car that was in their reserved spot park where the other car just pulled out of the non reserved space aka holding the space. Also some people feel that the non reserved space is "theirs" just because it is right in front of their apartment. I learned not to park there too long, you WILL get keyed and sometimes door dinged.

Oh yeah then you gotta love the people with one car , that will go and park in the un reserved spots when they could park in their assigned spot.

People are a**holes!

Old 07-21-2013, 03:51 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,970,303 times
Quote:
I know it's a public spot & she had no right to do that, but I would have been afraid to park my car there after her screaming & cussing. It's like asking to get keyed or worse.

BTW, after the 20 min,, if you wanted to stay longer, couldn't you have just parked your car somewhere else?

I hate how many other people in o ur society have no conscience & do whatever the hell they want, but for others of us who care about the consequences, we can't do what we want!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties