Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 03:26 PM

21 posts, read 75,195 times

Advertisements

Hi guys! My husband and I are very excited to move to Temecula. After much consideration we belive that Temecula will be a great place to live and raise our son. My husband will be commuting to Oceanside or Escondido for work.

What is the best community to live in? We would like to live in a friendly community where we can hopefully be friends with our neighbors and with lots of young kids/babies for my son to one day play with. I would also like to live in a place that has organized activities we can participate in and a place where people have pride of ownership and take care of their home. Am I asking for too much?

We believe that Temecula has communities like that we just don't know which ones. We would also like to live in South or Central Temecula to make it a little easier for my husband to drive to Oceanside and Escondido

Some of the areas we have heard good things about are Paseo del Sol, Redhawk and Vintage Hills.

We don't know anyone in Temecula and hope to make new friends. Our price range is about $400k.

What is the best community for a 30 something couple with a newborn baby to live in?

Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2013, 05:37 PM

264 posts, read 616,530 times
Hi Lucas'smommy,

There are many nice communities in Temecula that would fit the bill. As you noted already, Paseo Del Sol and Paloma Del Sol, Redhawk, Vintage Hills etc are all nice; however have a varying difference in prices. There is a vast difference in price say from Redhawk to Paseo Del Sol to consider. Crowne Hill, across from Paseo is also a great neighborhood to consider.

Each of these communities have HOA's and generally include parks, pools walking trails and activities for residents.
They are full of young families just starting out.

These communities are all in the Central/Southern/Eastern area of Temecula and would allow access to the I-15 from either Temecula Parkway (Lwr Hwy 79) or Rancho California Road.

Plenty of good choices!

Old 08-07-2013, 05:52 PM

Thanks for the advice, Captjob! Is Redhawk more expensive than Paseo del Sol? Do you reccomend one community more than the other?

What is the difference between Paseo del Sol and Paloma del Sol? Is Passeo del Sol nicer than Paloma del Sol?

Old 08-07-2013, 08:26 PM

264 posts, read 616,530 times
Paloma Del Sol was the first development of homes in the Margarita/Santiago area. Paseo Del Sol followed and the build-out continued from there. Originally the Paloma and Paseo Del Sol area was mostly first time home buyers from the early 1990s with very reasonable prices. This is where the influx of people from San Diego County started. At the time the population of Temecula was only about 30K now its at 105-110K and climbing.

Redhawk, at the time, was just outside the city limits and in the county area. Redhawk was considered a more exclusive area of larger homes and much higher price ranges. (still is today). Vail Ranch homes were then built ajacent to Redhawk and eventually the whole area was annexed into the City of Temecula. Like before, the build-out continued for the next 20 years.

Homes in Redhawk/Vail Ranch area are currently running in the 400k-500K range while Paseo and Paloma are in the high 200-300s right now. Again, depending on which development and square footage etc.

Old 08-07-2013, 08:30 PM

121 posts, read 289,903 times
Personally, I like the Harveston Lake community. It's a bit tight and has HOA, however, the amenities make it worthwhile like living in a resort and certainly has a very OC feel to it. Lots to do with the newborn and as he/she grows she'll love the playgrounds and then there's a preschool within the same commercial block.

Old 08-09-2013, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpersignal View Post
Personally, I like the Harveston Lake community. It's a bit tight and has HOA, however, the amenities make it worthwhile like living in a resort and certainly has a very OC feel to it. Lots to do with the newborn and as he/she grows she'll love the playgrounds and then there's a preschool within the same commercial block.
I've never been to Harveston Lake but have read great things about it. My only concern about living there is the traffic. I've read that the traffic to exit Winchester is awful. Is that true? How does it feel like OC?

Thanks for your advice!

Old 08-10-2013, 09:47 AM

458 posts, read 1,262,728 times
I don't live in Harveston but have been there to visit the Lake. I think it is a good place to visit due to the lake but the houses seem like they are really on top of each other and it just doesn't feel right to me, just my own opinion. Like you said the traffic at the Winchester exit is really bad and probably the worst exit off the 15 for Temecula. That being said, they are making improvements and there will soon be another exit just north of the Winchester exit that will help to alleviate this issue.

I live in Redhawk and we really like it here. Low HOA ($34/month) but the downside is no community pool like some of the other community's. We have lived here for nearly 4 years and know most of the neighbors but are only close to 1 of them but they don't have kids. There are lots of kids on our street but most are older than our 17 month old. IMO people in general just tend to keep to themselves more than what I am used to. Maybe once she gets older and gets into more activities this will change. We currently only have 1 other couple who has a daughter that we do things with and they live about 4 miles away.

400k should be a decent price range to find something nice in Redhawk. My neighbors house was just appraised last week for 370k. It is 2368 sq ft with 3 bedrooms. prices are going up fast.

Old 08-10-2013, 11:00 AM

121 posts, read 289,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas'smommy View Post
I've read that the traffic to exit Winchester is awful. Is that true? How does it feel like OC?
yes, it's true the freeway exit is terrible but I don't know of any freeway exits in Temecula that are *not* terrible. Perhaps Rancho California is the least bad but it's still pretty bad compared to Murrieta exits. In regards to how it's like the OC, it's a master planned community with shopping and other commercial aspects integrated. You'll have to visit and see for yourself and again the downside is the congestion (lots of cars parked on the curb) and tight (property) lots but if you've lived anywhere like OC, SD or LA then you are probably used to it.

Old 08-10-2013, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danalysd View Post
I don't live in Harveston but have been there to visit the Lake. I think it is a good place to visit due to the lake but the houses seem like they are really on top of each other and it just doesn't feel right to me, just my own opinion. Like you said the traffic at the Winchester exit is really bad and probably the worst exit off the 15 for Temecula. That being said, they are making improvements and there will soon be another exit just north of the Winchester exit that will help to alleviate this issue.

I live in Redhawk and we really like it here. Low HOA ($34/month) but the downside is no community pool like some of the other community's. We have lived here for nearly 4 years and know most of the neighbors but are only close to 1 of them but they don't have kids. There are lots of kids on our street but most are older than our 17 month old. IMO people in general just tend to keep to themselves more than what I am used to. Maybe once she gets older and gets into more activities this will change. We currently only have 1 other couple who has a daughter that we do things with and they live about 4 miles away.

400k should be a decent price range to find something nice in Redhawk. My neighbors house was just appraised last week for 370k. It is 2368 sq ft with 3 bedrooms. prices are going up fast.
Thanks for your input! Redhawk seems like a nice community to live in. It's unfortunate that people tend to keep to themselves. One of reasons we want to move to Temecula is because we've heard that people are friendlier and more neighborly there than in San Diego. I am hoping we can make some friends there.

Old 08-10-2013, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpersignal View Post
yes, it's true the freeway exit is terrible but I don't know of any freeway exits in Temecula that are *not* terrible. Perhaps Rancho California is the least bad but it's still pretty bad compared to Murrieta exits. In regards to how it's like the OC, it's a master planned community with shopping and other commercial aspects integrated. You'll have to visit and see for yourself and again the downside is the congestion (lots of cars parked on the curb) and tight (property) lots but if you've lived anywhere like OC, SD or LA then you are probably used to it.
Shopping inside a community? That sounds awesome! We are going to look at 2 houses in Harveston tomorrow and 2 in Redhawk and Paloma del Sol.

Is there a specific section in Harveston Lake you recommend?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties