U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2013, 12:51 AM

3 posts, read 4,418 times

Advertisements

I am saying this because I am someone who looks out for my neighbors, I care about my community, I get involved with anything that I have time to help with, like helping in my kids classrooms when the teacher needs volunteers, helping to do snackbar at my sons games, driving my friends kids to school when she is sick or has an important meeting, and basically I am very busy with my own 3 kids too, and I am stretched pretty thin, but I want to do it because I like to help create a good community, and love making friends and keeping kids going in a positive direction. I am also very active in my community with being sure to report to the police, (non emergency number that the neighborhood watch police officer gave us) which I have reported suspicious activity but I have also been someone to look out my window and see a guy in my neighbors car, rumaging through their stuff with a flashlight, and I called 911, and I even yelled out the window to stop him from taking anything or stealing the car, and that is not my only time that I have looked out for others and I have always felt that we are the eyes and ears for the police, and we should report suspicious activity and let them decide what to do, but I am always trying to do what I can to help. Sadly, I had a traffic violation for talking on my phone while I was pulling out of the mall in 2009 or 2010, and also driving with my license, and this is all a long story, but my license had been suspended although I had paid a ticket in Irvine, apparently there was still an issue that I wasnt aware of, and this caused it to be suspended so when I got pulled over in riverside a couple years later, they saw it as driving on suspended license, which should not have been suspended. I was extremely overwhelmed with the feeling that there was no way to prove or resolve this and I didnt go to the courthouse in riverside to because I was trying to figure out how to show this proof, and then I figured that they were still going to make me pay a huge fine anyway, which was over a thousand dollars, just for talking on the cell phone, and driving without license, and because I missed the date, they tacked on more and more, until it got to be a total of about $4000!!! I just didnt know what to do. This was $4000, more than I make in a month, and I have 3 kids, and I dont even know how they just kept doing whatever they do at the court to build up such a huge total with their minutes, court fines for sending out a letter, not appearing again from the letter sent, then another few hundred for something else, and it's all from original tickets that werent even moving violations, or at least not major. I tried to go in by appt. finally, and the lines were so so long, and they advised me to make an appt to see the clerk, and finally I got in, and she had me write these huge excuse of why I didnt pay or come in and all I did what she said, and i had hoped to recieve a reply saying that I could pay the original fine amounts for the tickets, and maybe some kind of fee or penalization amount, which would have been about $400 originally, but it was as deliberate as possible from the court, commissioner william anderson , I believe not only didnt help me to reduce it, he actually INCREASED IT!! I had asked if I could do some kind of community service (since I do anyway and I can be very good with helping in the community ) but I also got a reply saying I could work out an installment plan, but would not be able to get my license out of suspension until it's paid in full. So how can I drive my kids to school, or anything else? I can I help with the community service if I dont have a license so I can drive to do the community service to pay any portion of the ticket, or how can I help with the things that I help with in my community already? So I feel they know if they make you wait to get your license back until after paid in full, then people will find a way to come up with a huge amount of money because there is no other choice and they need their ability to drive. It's just such a feeling of helplessness. The amount is so outrageous and they seem to need to get a large amount of money fast, and this is how to do it. Make us desperate to get our license out of suspension for not paying tickets in time, or not going to take care of it in time, so tack on a 300 dollar fine for each little thing, and then many more until it's impossible to try to do the right thing and resolve it because it's just too much, and if you cant even get your license reinstated if you dont pay it in full, and you cant drive, and you cant pay in full so it would take a year sometimes more to pay that amount, then you cant do anything, so you do the opposite...they now force you to be the opposite of what you are trying to be in the community. They arent creating or inspiring good citizens or good feelings , instead, people like me, moms or dads drive their kids anyway, always nervous that a police officer will pull them over, and then upset when the kids need to get to practice, or a major school thing that needs you to drive, and then you get mad and say I cant, but they dont understand, and it's such a stressful life, and then I dont want to do the neighborhood watch sign up that the community police for the neighborhood watch had spoken to me, and we all liked each other, and I was asked to be captain, and I wanted to do it so bad, but had to make an excuse because I have a suspended license, and didnt want to explain that to them, and because of all of that, I am not able to be a part of the actual signing up and doing a position that needs filling for the community. I am embarrassed about the violations that are just the same ones, small ones, that they managed to add on to and keeep adding missed this and that, and I cant even understand some of it, but all I know is that this is just not right. It's all about money, and more money, and THIS IS HOW A GOOD PERSON CAN BE SADLY TURNED THE OTHER WAY. Someone needs to put a stop to this. I know I was wrong and should have paid it on time, but I tried to ask and wrote an additional long letter explaining how this amount was so so high, and they dont care. They didnt meet with me, and I didnt see a judge, and it was all only done on paper. They dont know me personally, and they dont care. So maybe I should stop caring when I see the next crime, but I dont do that, I cant do that. I do care to much about others, and I still help when I can, but it sure did make me sit back and think after reading the amount the commissioner of riverside tallied up and just seem to treat my request for help like garbage, I thought, "Wow, this is either riverside's way of doing this or it's california, but I can see so clearly how they can actually make a good person into a bad one"

Old 09-25-2013, 01:07 AM

1,714 posts, read 3,134,265 times
You forgot to put a period at the end.

Old 09-25-2013, 01:39 AM

16,584 posts, read 33,749,245 times
Paragraphs are your friend.

Old 09-25-2013, 08:11 AM

67 posts, read 78,713 times
Yeah it was kind of hard to get through all of that, but since we are not grammar nazi's here I would like to comment.

It is easy to become calous and angry with your neighbors. Sometimes its you and sometimes it really is them. Try to make a difference or simply withdrawal from them. If that does not work then move.

Some neighborhoods are just too far down the drain and you will be fighting an uphill battle trying to change it.

Old 09-25-2013, 09:11 AM

120 posts, read 235,777 times
There's no doubt that what they're charging you is exorbitant if it's simply for missing the court date.. Maybe you're not telling the whole truth but if it is, I wouldn't be surprised. The government has become about making money.

Old 09-25-2013, 06:11 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,957,239 times
Tried to read it, got a headache and quit. Let me know when the book is published.

Old 09-29-2013, 03:54 AM

718 posts, read 1,549,638 times
That was the longest paragraph ever. Couldn't read most of it unfortunately since my eyes started to hurt.

Old 09-29-2013, 07:53 AM

13,236 posts, read 24,403,441 times
Aside from the paragraph problem (1), this isn't even a RIV/SB topic (2), just personal experiences and thoughts (3). The thread title doesn't even make sense (4).

0 out of 4, unfortunately does not a thread make.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties