Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2013, 02:06 PM

10 posts, read 12,097 times

Advertisements

Hello, I'm likely going to be working an internship this coming summer in Ontario, about a mile from the East Ontario Metrolink station. I'll be there from the end of may through mid August. I know this is a bit early to start looking, but I was wondering if any of you had any suggestions for an area to look for this type of temporary housing. I'll be making about $1000/week, so I don't really want to spend more than that per month. I'm married and have a small dog, but my wife and dog may be staying back in Ohio for the summer since she'll be working full-time.

I'd like to find a place that is furnished if possible, and no more than a 30 minute commute to my office. Preferably more like 10-15 minutes. Would prefer something relatively new/nice, but not sure that that's really possible in southern California on my budget. Most important is to be in a safe area. I would love to be near the train line as well. Can you bring bikes on the trains there, so I wouldn't have to walk that last mile from the station? Also, relatively close to an airport so it's not a huge hassle for when my wife comes to visit. I'm 28, so I definitely don't want to be surrounded by undergrad parties, though I guess those would be quieted down by summertime... Thanks for any tips!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2013, 02:38 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,932,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhilk3785 View Post
I'm 28, so I definitely don't want to be surrounded by undergrad parties, though I guess those would be quieted down by summertime...
There's no college nearby where that would be a problem....

Old 12-16-2013, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
There's no college nearby where that would be a problem....
UCR and Cal State San Bernadino aren't more than 30 minutes or so are they? I may be way off. Any suggestions on where to look though?

Old 12-16-2013, 01:32 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,932,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhilk3785 View Post
UCR and Cal State San Bernadino aren't more than 30 minutes or so are they? I may be way off. Any suggestions on where to look though?
Yeah, but their influence doesn't extend much beyond their respective campuses.

You should be able to find something in Ontario or Rancho Cucamonga. I can't be specific, because it's been a while since I lived there, however, I don't see much of a point in looking much further away than either of those too cities.

Old 12-18-2013, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Yeah, but their influence doesn't extend much beyond their respective campuses.

You should be able to find something in Ontario or Rancho Cucamonga. I can't be specific, because it's been a while since I lived there, however, I don't see much of a point in looking much further away than either of those too cities.
Great, thanks for the tip. I've heard good things about Ranch Cucamonga, so I'll probably start my search there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties