U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-20-2007, 12:41 PM

572 posts, read 930,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by music7lover View Post
I'd take cow smell over gangs anyday.
Oh we have gangs here too...
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2007, 04:28 PM

11 posts, read 23,398 times
I've lived here in Chino Hills for 10+ years. Maybe I just don't notice it, but I do not see flys or smell the cows. When I head into dairyland then it is bad. I've gone into S. Ontairo and that's not nice(Riverside Drive). I live near to Chino Hills High. The house is nearly up against the 71, but there is a dirt lot at the rear with a great view of Big League Dreams Park.

Old 12-21-2007, 06:33 PM

307 posts, read 1,019,651 times
The first time I went to So. Cal. I went to Ontario. Then one morning when the air was still fresh and cool. I've noticed a repulsive smell of manure. So that left me branded for the next couple of years.

THAT is how Los Angeles smells like!! The big city hahaha!
But yes it is quite bad.

I would take the area of smog and pollution over the smell of manure ANY day.

mmm smog

Old 12-22-2007, 05:52 PM

107 posts, read 326,647 times
i lived in ontario 1989-1994. didn't really smell all that bad. depends how much it bothers you i guess.

I just reseeded my lawn a while back (10 minutes from ontario)... my lawn is so small, its about the size of two cars parked tightly side to side... that smelled worse then ontario ever did.

Old 12-25-2007, 04:44 PM

2 posts, read 9,025 times
I live in Chino...I rarely have issues with flies or the smell of cows...but once in a great while that smell comes through, and I love it...its a smell that reminds me of dairies and farmland and the the earth....cool.

Old 12-28-2007, 05:01 PM

2 posts, read 8,118 times
I've lived in South Chino Hills (off Soquel Canyon) for 10 years and there is NO fly problem whatsoever. Unless you head into deep into Chino or Ontario, you should have no issues with flies or smell in the area. Chino Hills also is at a higher elevation (hills) and most of the smell stays in the flat areas that surround it. Also, there is a nice breeze that comes through the canyon everyday which keeps the air much healthier than the rest of the inland empire.

Old 12-30-2007, 02:07 AM

3,536 posts, read 3,421,690 times
There is no smell in Chino Hills.

Old 12-31-2007, 07:10 AM

7 posts, read 13,133 times
Default Flies and Smells Are Not a Problem Here At All

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab189 View Post
I've lived in South Chino Hills (off Soquel Canyon) for 10 years and there is NO fly problem whatsoever. Unless you head into deep into Chino or Ontario, you should have no issues with flies or smell in the area. Chino Hills also is at a higher elevation (hills) and most of the smell stays in the flat areas that surround it. Also, there is a nice breeze that comes through the canyon everyday which keeps the air much healthier than the rest of the inland empire.
We've lived in Butterfield Ranch since 1989. I've never noticed a problem with flies or bad smells here at all.

We moved to Southern CA from Chicago in 1984 and spent a few years in LA, then moved to this area. We raised our kids here and we love it. There isn't a perfect place to live anywhere in the world but I couldn't imagine a nicer place to live and raise a family than right here.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:52 AM

1 posts, read 4,151 times
Talking Its fine Smellin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaks View Post
I have been frequenting Chino Hills for years. I love it--beautiful, clean, quite, new shops, new homes, semi-close to my work; all good qualities I can't find anywhere nearby. Now I am considering buying near the Hwy-71 near Pine/Euclid/Butterfield Rch. But something I haven't notice kidna bothers me. Since I typically hang out in Northern part of C/H, I discovered the cow smell is very noticable near when driving down the 71 near the 91. I also stopped at Chino Airport a couple months back when it was ~90F out there and the fly problem was overwhelming.

My question: To those who live in the Southern part of Chino Hills (off Pine, Euclid, C/H Pkwy, Central, etc.), how bad is the smelll/fly problem? Is it constant? In what months are the problems worst and for how long? TIA!!!

-Wil
Well i have lived over on butterfield ranch area 4,10 yrs and u can't even Smell the Cows and there is no fly problem

Old 01-16-2009, 09:42 PM

50 posts, read 284,850 times
Default chino,chino hills

Chino Hills, except is some older areas and in Los Serranos, is pretty nice. Ants are far worse than the flies. The smell from Chino is only obvious when the wind blows or on a dewey summer/spring morning. It has gotten so crowded compared to years ago, but it's still nice. It's still overpriced if you ask me for what you get, but there is great shopping and nice people. Shop around. There are quite a few places that fit that bill and you may get a better yard somewhere else. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties