Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 04:52 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,006,559 times

Advertisements

It's a nice town and I was just kidding. It has grown a lot over the years, so that would tend to increase all sorts of activity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2014, 04:53 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,923,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
There is a Starbucks every few miles around here .
^That's where you find the liberals.

Old 10-08-2014, 05:30 PM

7,322 posts, read 6,918,341 times
There are lots of people every where ,so much so you'd think it was some holiday even mid week.
If sunday morning is any kind of indicator, the wineries are as busy as most churches, at the same time.
And there are new wineries going up all the time.

Old 10-08-2014, 06:53 PM

26 posts, read 52,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Prop 8 passed in Riverside County with 65% of the vote. A woman in Murrieta had her "No on Prop 8" sign torn down multiple times, so many in fact, she nailed a homemade one to her tree.

If the local people oppose big government, then how can they want a government that can't find a way out of our pants?
You can't just demolish my anecdotal evidence with hard facts! That's so liberal
OP, David is right. My impression about gay marriage support was based on the number of honks received by "No On 8" people at street corners rather than real data.

Old 10-10-2014, 02:52 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,523,595 times
We are an Anglo couple in our 60's. Our friends are a married Filipino couple in their late 30's who are homeowners in Temecula. We consider them our "kids". He is Buddhist, she is Seventh Day Adventist but they are not fervently religious. They have a 10 y.o. son who has come up through the Temecula public schools and is doing very well academically. He also plays several sports. Their neighborhood is quite diverse and I think they are "typical Temeculans".

We retired out of state but if we had stayed in SoCal, Temecula would have been the place.

Old 10-15-2014, 02:00 PM

24 posts, read 72,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
I live in Temecula .
If there is any crime here I don't know about it.
Hemit and Muretta might have things going on but things are pretty normal here .
Temecula doesn't have a lot of crime, but it's absurd what you said that Murrieta has "things going on". Murrieta is ranked far safer than Temecula (according to FBI stats) and nowhere near comparison to the crime levels of Hemet.

Old 10-22-2014, 01:19 PM

26 posts, read 58,651 times
I think the Republican rep for the district that includes Temecula is Daryl Issa. That speaks volumes ...

Old 10-23-2014, 10:05 AM

FYI, latest FBI stats for 2012 just came out. Murrieta SECOND safest city in regards to violent crimes in the country. Temecula ranked THIRTY SEVENTH, which is good but not as good as the other guy had claimed was better than Murrieta.

The actual FBI data:
http://cbsla.files.wordpress.com/201...ities-data.pdf

The article:
Murrieta Named 2nd Safest City by FBI - Valley Business Journal
" Rounding out local cities, Temecula ranked #37, Los Angeles #53, San Diego #58 and Riverside #120. "

Old 10-28-2014, 04:58 PM

26 posts, read 52,123 times
I didn't know Murrieta was also known as Naperville, Illinois
Who is that on #8?

(Not to take away your point, Murrieta is quite safe, no comparable to Hemet for crime.)

EDIT: maybe you're right, based on violent crime per 1000. But then Temecula is #5, not #37.

Old 10-28-2014, 07:59 PM

You're mostly right. I exported the PDF to excel, did a sort based on the Violent Crime Index and it returned Temecula as #7 (not #5 but definitely not #37). I'm actually very relieved to hear that!

However, the premise that Murrieta is not as safe as Temecula is clearly wrong and to compare it to Hemet is straight out ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties