Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2016, 08:51 AM

1 posts, read 4,593 times

Advertisements

Hello. I bought property in Joshua tree. Has existing pad.water at rd. Fire hydrant across street. I plan on putting a yurt on the property..452 square. Feet. Are there rules about how large a structure has to be..how long does approval take..who beat to contact.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 01:58 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,846,946 times
I'd be surprised if you had to file for a permit for a yurt, but then again, California is fee and permit happy. It may depend on how the yurt will be built. I'd give Joshua Tree Building and Safety a call and ask. Yurt manufacturers may also help you out.

Old 04-21-2016, 02:08 AM

285 posts, read 377,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBiking View Post
I'd be surprised if you had to file for a permit for a yurt, but then again, California is fee and permit happy. It may depend on how the yurt will be built. I'd give Joshua Tree Building and Safety a call and ask. Yurt manufacturers may also help you out.
San Bernardino county wants growth in its high desert areas. Check first to see if you're in the city limits of either Yucca Valley or 29 Palms. If not, then you are under the rules for San Bernardino County. There's a office for the county near Joshua Tree.

(Joshua Tree is not incorporated, but they should incorporated, in order to have more local control in stopping stuff they don't like, such as "Dollar General." )

Old 04-21-2016, 07:57 AM

2,003 posts, read 2,877,818 times
Joshua Tree is not a "they". Dollar General is a needed addition to the area, which is woefully lacking in shopping.

Old 04-21-2016, 09:39 PM

285 posts, read 377,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rah62 View Post
Joshua Tree is not a "they". Dollar General is a needed addition to the area, which is woefully lacking in shopping.
There's a Dollar General in Yucca Valley and I think also one in 29 palms. Since Joshua Tree residents have to drive to those cities for groceries (except natural ones), then they can go to one of the dollar general stores if they want to. If joshua tree residents don't want more development, then they can incorporate and put up an urban growth boundary and stop growth. Just as Palm Springs blocks growth. It's up to them, it's a free country.

Old 04-26-2016, 12:51 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,292,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geminitwin View Post
Hello. I bought property in Joshua tree. Has existing pad.water at rd. Fire hydrant across street. I plan on putting a yurt on the property..452 square. Feet. Are there rules about how large a structure has to be..how long does approval take..who beat to contact.
Thanks
I cannot imagine much of anything for permits if the yurt is not secured permanently to the ground.

There is no better option than to reserve a few hours to go to office at San Bernardino County to see both the Building Dept and Planning (they may have restrictions, too). It's best to get all the information you need from them in order to not drag out the time with delays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties