Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 10:25 AM

104 posts, read 213,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paytonal View Post
I loved their townhomes and have been pre-qualified through their lender. I'm afraid that the waiting list is very long and am not sure when I will have the opportunity to purchase.
Congratulations! I just pre qualified and am on the waiting list too. The stomach churning part is that I went last July, and wasn't really thinking of moving there because it's far from my job. But now rent keeps increasing so I want to buy. I still have the price sheet when I first went... it was $45k cheaper a year ago! Made me a little sick lol.

Are you from the area? Do you know if there are any health affects living on former and near dairy farm land?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2017, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paytonal View Post
I loved their townhomes and have been pre-qualified through their lender. I'm afraid that the waiting list is very long and am not sure when I will have the opportunity to purchase.
There are only 2 buildings left, hope we make it in!

Old 09-08-2017, 05:06 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,169,711 times
I don't know which floor plans you're looking at, but there is a resale home available in New Haven at $454,500. 4 beds, 3 baths, 2200sf. You might have better luck with that than with a waiting list.

Old 09-08-2017, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Van Fossen View Post
I don't know which floor plans you're looking at, but there is a resale home available in New Haven at $454,500. 4 beds, 3 baths, 2200sf. You might have better luck with that than with a waiting list.
Yes I saw that one online, I'm currently on the list for Holiday. I do like the floor plan of the resale home but not the style I would like.

Old 10-05-2017, 04:29 PM

4 posts, read 5,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Troy View Post
Hi Kim, sounds like you and I are in a similar boat. I am trying to buy a house, but it's just me, so naturally my money is more limited than a couples. Aside from the place and Ontario, have you looked in other areas around the ie that you have found nearly as affordable? I'm actually talking about areas nicer than Ontario, not worse. If I could, I would love to get into Upland.
Hi Troy,

I am also debating between Ontario Ranch and Upland. May I get an idea why you prefer Upland over Ontario Ranch?

Old 10-05-2017, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimVanderwood View Post
There are only 2 buildings left, hope we make it in!
Hi KIm, did you end up purchasing one or are you still on the list for Holiday 2?

Old 10-05-2017, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsebaybee View Post
Hi Troy,

I am also debating between Ontario Ranch and Upland. May I get an idea why you prefer Upland over Ontario Ranch?
There are new condos in upland by William Lyon homes. There are no mello Roos. But it's close to the railroad tracks so noise is a concern. And it's 3 stories. Too many for me. I personally like the colonies area but it's mostly SFR there and much higher price point.

I like that OR is all new and master planned.

Old 10-05-2017, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Hi KIm, did you end up purchasing one or are you still on the list for Holiday 2?
Hi!!! I actually made it for plan 4! But I can't buy it because I was on a waiting list for another builder near Cerritos and I got on their list earlier and my loan got approved before I got through the waiting list at holiday =[ so I can't cancel, if I do I'll lose my deposit.

I'm happy that I got a new construction townhouse closer to work in LA.... but I'm also sad because I loved the master plan feel of ontario ranch.

What about you?? Have you made it yet?

Old 10-05-2017, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimVanderwood View Post
Hi!!! I actually made it for plan 4! But I can't buy it because I was on a waiting list for another builder near Cerritos and I got on their list earlier and my loan got approved before I got through the waiting list at holiday =[ so I can't cancel, if I do I'll lose my deposit.

I'm happy that I got a new construction townhouse closer to work in LA.... but I'm also sad because I loved the master plan feel of ontario ranch.

What about you?? Have you made it yet?

I got my pre-qual with Upland and started debating when I discovered Ontario Ranch. I joined the interest list but have not started the pre-qual process. I heard that currently theres only plan 4 left for holiday but they will be releasing additional plans for holiday 2 end of this month. In addition, they will be releasing another development sometime this winter. Seems like theres lots to choose from. I'm torn between Upland and OR..

Old 10-05-2017, 07:49 PM

Quote:
I got my pre-qual with Upland and started debating when I discovered Ontario Ranch. I joined the interest list but have not started the pre-qual process. I heard that currently theres only plan 4 left for holiday but they will be releasing additional plans for holiday 2 end of this month. In addition, they will be releasing another development sometime this winter. Seems like theres lots to choose from. I'm torn between Upland and OR..
Yeah I was planning to get a plan 4 and the current phase they're selling was the location I wanted too. But have to wait... I'm even thinking maybe in a couple years I'll sell and buy a house in OR.

Where do you work? That can play a part in your decision for the neighborhood. I wanted OR because everything would be new. Lots of neighborhood parks and tree lined streets. That's what really caught my eye. As far as schools and safety, it's too new to tell. Another way I looked at it was this is like the new Cerritos. Cerritos used to be dairy farms, now most SFR on average are a million dollars, they have highly ranked schools, and lots of retail and dining. I feel that OR will be something like that in the future. If prices stay consistent more tax dollars will go towards education and public safety. And eventually lots of retail and eating will join in as people move in.

I know the smell of cows is a downside... but after going like every other weekend, it almost smelled like "home" to me lol. Although all my city friends would probably be like why the F did you move here lol. I still love it.

In upland are you looking at the William Lyon homes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties