Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2017, 03:13 PM

5 posts, read 8,093 times

Advertisements

Greetings,

All is about Sun City in Manifee low income and planning to live there.

Who can please guide me and brief me about living in Sun City for long term ,Single family of 5 Kids , what is about Neighborhood , food ,recreations ,Schools ,crimes ,Commute ,Employment and so on. I know it is part of Manifee that is actually growing and we are planning to buy a house.

Coming from a cold Zone to hot Zone i am thinking about how to grow my boys and daughter at a safe ,calm and descent place with good schooling and good job. Illinois was good but weather and sometimes so freaky.
Thank you.

Last edited by Olways779; 04-07-2017 at 03:22 PM.. Reason: Include Manifee In
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2017, 05:16 PM

266 posts, read 271,424 times
https://youtu.be/TlMdYpnVOGQ

Old 04-07-2017, 05:27 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,636,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olways779 View Post
Greetings,

All is about Sun City in Manifee low income and planning to live there.

Who can please guide me and brief me about living in Sun City for long term ,Single family of 5 Kids , what is about Neighborhood , food ,recreations ,Schools ,crimes ,Commute ,Employment and so on. I know it is part of Manifee that is actually growing and we are planning to buy a house.
You do realize that most of Sun City is a retirement community for senior citizens and age-restricted, right? Have you verified that your five kids can live in the home(s) you're looking at?

https://www.55places.com/california/...ities/sun-city

Menifee itself is a decent area, and has other neighborhoods that are more child-friendly. Homes in Menifee and the surrounding areas are somewhat less expensive than many other parts of California. However, a single family home in Menifee likely will still cost more than a similar home in Illinois. Make sure you understand the FULL costs involved with living in California. Housing is only part of the cost of living here. Nice weather won't put food on the table.

As for jobs, many people who live in Menifee commute long distances to get to work. It's not uncommon for people to have hour-plus commutes. So, if you want to avoid that, you probably should use a site like Indeed.com or Monster.com to get some ideas of what the job market is like closer to Menifee for someone with your skills, education, and experience.

Good luck with your move!

Last edited by RosieSD; 04-07-2017 at 05:55 PM..

Old 04-10-2017, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
You do realize that most of Sun City is a retirement community for senior citizens and age-restricted, right? Have you verified that your five kids can live in the home(s) you're looking at?

https://www.55places.com/california/...ities/sun-city

Menifee itself is a decent area, and has other neighborhoods that are more child-friendly. Homes in Menifee and the surrounding areas are somewhat less expensive than many other parts of California. However, a single family home in Menifee likely will still cost more than a similar home in Illinois. Make sure you understand the FULL costs involved with living in California. Housing is only part of the cost of living here. Nice weather won't put food on the table.

As for jobs, many people who live in Menifee commute long distances to get to work. It's not uncommon for people to have hour-plus commutes. So, if you want to avoid that, you probably should use a site like Indeed.com or Monster.com to get some ideas of what the job market is like closer to Menifee for someone with your skills, education, and experience.

Good luck with your move!
I am still in need and all are closed in term of purchase so finally We will live Manifee , CA92586

I will make a better place for them temecula , Marrieta and LA plus SD close where we can efford a Job. But how is it like living in There?
Thank you so much and i got a lot in your correspondence.

Old 04-10-2017, 10:43 AM

First, the name of the city is MEnifee not MAnifee.

Here is a recent discussion about Menifee that might answer some of your questions:

Menifee for a family of 4

At the top of the forum you will see an Advanced Search option. Click on that and then enter MEnifee, limiting your search to the Riverside County and San Bernardino sub forum. You'll find many other discussions that cover this area that way, which should answer all of your questions.

In another thread, you mentioned that you are "Afro." I assume that means you're black? If so, I don't know if it matters to your family, but less than 1% of Menifee's population is black.

And, Los Angeles is over 80 miles from Menifee; with traffic, it will take about an hour and a half to get to downtown LA from Menifee. San Diego is about 75 miles from Menifee; drive time to downtown San Diego from Menifee will also be about an hour and a half. The closest larger city to Menifee is Riverside, CA.

Last edited by RosieSD; 04-10-2017 at 11:03 AM..

Old 04-10-2017, 12:18 PM

Whoops, sorry. I mean to say that drive time from Menifee to downtown San Diego will usually be a little over an hour, not an hour and a half. Although, when traffic is bad, it can take an hour and a half.

Old 04-12-2017, 07:52 AM

I really appreciate your support and clarifications.It will ne be a problem for my kids i think.
I will search as guided about menifee and keep digging for more answers.
Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties