Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2008, 03:56 PM

19 posts, read 74,925 times

Advertisements

My husband has been taken a job offer in Riverside, and we plan to move in June, from Wisconsin. What cities/towns do you recommend? We've looked at Hesperia, Murrieta, Victorville, and Temecula. Out of those, which provides the best living areas, affordable housing, schools, and so on. We have a 9 yr. old and 7 yr. old twins.
As you probably would imagine, this will be a big change from Wisconsin's winter's, affordable homes, schools, climate etc.
Thanks a TON.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2008, 05:22 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,197,011 times
where in riverside are your jobs?

Old 03-07-2008, 02:22 PM

593 posts, read 1,795,289 times
I wouldn't do Hesperia/Victorville..I have friends out there and it's full of gangs and not very desirable..Temucula is nice, but keep in mind there's many houses in foreclosure right now and prices are dropping out there...I don't know how far Redlands is from Riverside, but I've always liked that little town as it has some lovely historic homes and lots of trees..

Old 03-07-2008, 02:41 PM

216 posts, read 698,347 times
I agree with the above poster. The desert (Victorville, Hesperia, Apple Valley) is not desireable to raise young children. Plus the only way to Riverside is over the Cajon Pass and that can get tricky. Plus the traffic in Victorville is OUTRAGEOUSLY bad.

I also agree that Redlands/Loma Linda area would be a desireable area and better commute to Riverside. I like Redlands also, kind of a small town feel with a lot of people.....and they have a Trader Joes!!!

Good Luck

Old 03-07-2008, 09:59 PM

128 posts, read 308,240 times
I was raised in Riverside, and I love it. Everything is at a convienent location, you aren't incredibly far from the airports, you can always find somewhere to eat or shop, and so on. The weather is a little hot out her in so cal, and the air quality isn't that great. But I would definitely choose Riverside.

Old 03-07-2008, 11:28 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,451,929 times
How about Corona or Norco? Its a reverse commute to Riverside (assuming she means the job is in the city of Riverside and not somewhere in the county) right? Plus its that much closer to LA/OC when needed.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:35 PM

365 posts, read 1,419,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
How about Corona or Norco? Its a reverse commute to Riverside (assuming she means the job is in the city of Riverside and not somewhere in the county) right? Plus its that much closer to LA/OC when needed.
EscapeCalifornia beat me to it. I was just going to ask why not Corona? Its more like living on the outskirts of Orange County than in Riverside county, kind of like Chino Hills to San Bernardino. Homes are more expensive than Victorville/Hesperia, but its location, commerce, and stability that make it such. Temecula and Murrieta have nice areas, but does your husband want to sit in traffic when its over 100 degrees outside?

From what my dad told me about when he lived in Wisconsin, He had a difficult time leaving San Diego to move there. On the opposite side of the spectrum, you're going to love it out here

Old 03-27-2008, 07:33 AM

19 posts, read 74,925 times
Thank you, everyone who replied. Unkllars and EscapeCalifornia, your post was especially helpful. We visited Southern California during Spring Break to a) escape the 35 degree Wisconsin weather and b) to look at new homes. Corona IS very nice. And it's only 15-45 minutes to Riverside depending on traffic. I didn't realize how far it was to Riverside from Hesperia/Victorville/Apple Valley, and also realized it just wasn't a very appealing area. Our final two choices were a home in Murrieta and a home in Corona.

Thanks again everyone. This has really helped!

Old 03-29-2008, 10:05 AM

365 posts, read 1,419,393 times
Well, don't stop using us until you know exactly what you want. Let me ask, which side of Riverside is his job located? closer to I-15 or to the 60?

Don't hesitate to contact me or us on this forum if you need anything
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties