Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2018, 08:31 PM

1,377 posts, read 2,131,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakey5 View Post
Thanks everyone for the advice! We would love to rent a house or condo, that would be ideal. We will take a closer look into Indio and into the neighborhood's recommended in Cathedral City and Thousand Palms. So helpful to get specific neighborhoods to focus in on! We're forgetting about DHS--had no idea about the winds and had heard about the crime, so that's a no. We looked into the country club from "Curious.In.California" and now rentals from there go for over $3000, so a no go on our end but we can see why you loved it. Thanks too for the link to realtor.com

What about Coachella? There's a development there called the Villas at the Vineyards that have multiple rentals at a very good price and they look quite nice. Anyone heard about these or have feedback about living in Coachella?

Thank you!
Yes, I have heard about and seen/come across that specific neighborhood of Coachella quite several times. I think it looks pretty nice, as well. There is also the Bella Cielo gated community, which I believe it is located off of Avenue 50 just within the city limits of Coachella. Then, there is also the La Paloma Estates just off of Avenue 48 on the border of Coachella and Indio (but it's still in Coachella).

Aside from these three neighborhoods just mentioned, I honestly cannot think of other decent/newer/nicer ones in Coachella.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2018, 05:52 PM

OP, have you thought about looking into Bermuda Dunes (between La Quinta and Indio) as well? It's overall a pretty darn nice community.

Old 05-13-2018, 08:43 PM

8 posts, read 9,025 times
Brandon-you read my mind! I was just going to ask about Bermuda Dunes because there are many rentals available there. Thanks for the feedback on that are--it's close to my work as well!

Old 05-13-2018, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Brandon-you read my mind! I was just going to ask about Bermuda Dunes because there are many rentals available there. Thanks for the feedback on that are--it's close to my work as well!
No problem!

If you have any more questions, as I have said before, feel free to ask.

Old 05-14-2018, 11:17 AM

485 posts, read 324,403 times
Quote:
I would definitely recommend Bermuda Dunes over Coachella, for sure. For a number of reasons but mainly for location.

Old 05-14-2018, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious.In.California View Post
I would definitely recommend Bermuda Dunes over Coachella, for sure. For a number of reasons but mainly for location.
True. However, BD is going to come at a higher cost than Coachella, generally speaking (probably because it's a lot newer, or for some other reason).

Personally, I think I like Coachella a little more than BD; but, that's just me, though. YMMV.

Old 05-14-2018, 11:51 AM

Also, to the OP: have you also ever thought about looking into the rural/outlying areas of the Valley, such as Indio Hills, Sky Valley, Thermal, Whitewater, and several more (Thermal would probably be quite a distance to your work in RM, though; Whitewater will be way too windy for you most of the time)?

These areas can be a great option for you and your husband if you would prefer more quiet, privacy, and more open spaces. Plus, they're cheaper (obviously), and you're further away from the noise and bustle of the main desert cities/communities.

Last edited by Brandon Graves; 05-14-2018 at 12:28 PM..

Old 05-14-2018, 12:50 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,618,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Graves View Post
Also, to the OP: have you also ever thought about looking into the rural/outlying areas of the Valley, such as Indio Hills, Sky Valley, Thermal, Whitewater, and several more (Thermal would probably be quite a distance to your work in RM, though; Whitewater will be way too windy for you most of the time)?

These areas can be a great option for you and your husband if you would prefer more quiet, privacy, and more open spaces. Plus, they're cheaper (obviously), and you're further away from the noise and bustle of the main desert cities/communities.
They probably don't want to drive 30-45 minutes to eat at someplace that isn't Arby's.

Old 05-14-2018, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
They probably don't want to drive 30-45 minutes to eat at someplace that isn't Arby's.
You're probably right. But, what's exactly wrong with Arby's?

Old 05-14-2018, 02:50 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,618,718 times
Nothing. They just want more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties