Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 11:25 AM

12,734 posts, read 9,426,922 times

Advertisements

Possible to just live in Ontario?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2018, 11:49 AM

3,433 posts, read 3,712,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Look at Murrieta and Temecula
Did you miss the part about the "commute under 30 minutes"?

Since the OP has a healthy budget, I would say Eastvale, Upland, Rancho Cucamonga (north of the 210), Claremont and Chino Hills. Maybe LaVerne and Diamond Bar if the drive isn't too far...depends where in Ontario the OP is working.

Old 12-18-2018, 05:57 PM

925 posts, read 1,054,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Possible to just live in Ontario?
Ontario has some nice historical neighborhoods on the north side that borders Upland and new neighborhoods on the far south side in an area called Ontario Ranch. Most other areas are lower to middle class. If you want newer neighborhoods also look in far north and east Rancho Cucamonga.

Old 12-19-2018, 10:31 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,944,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Look at Murrieta and Temecula

Yup. Live in a different county. Brilliant idea. Driving thru Corona, the 15/91 junction is highly recommended.

Not sure why everyone gave you cities east or south of Ontario. Deal with traffic on the daily. You can get something nice in nice city for $3,500. Claremont, North Upland, and San Dimas are nice cities west of Ontario.

Ontario is huge. If you're going to work closer to the 60 vs 10, I wouldn't consider these cities then.

Old 12-25-2018, 02:17 PM

67 posts, read 80,049 times
Don’t overlook Chino/Chino Hills. I’d live in those cities before Redlands any day. Also, no one mentioned the winds north of the 10. North Fontana (near 210) is nice but so damn windy.

Old 12-25-2018, 02:33 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,558,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YolandalehOnTheWay View Post
Hello! We are a family of five currently living in Indianapolis, Indiana. We’re looking at a move to the Inland Empire in the next 2-3 months and, since we have never lived there or even visited, we’re seeking advice on which cities to focus our search. Here is some helpful information regarding our priorities:

- Work will be in Ontario. We’re hoping for a commute under 30 minutes.
- This move will last 2 to 3 years, so we are planning to rent a single family home. 4 BR, up to $3,500/month
- Looking for a neighborhood/community containing families with young children, where people are active and know their neighbors, and where it is safe/conducive to play outdoors and ride bikes.
- Seeking a community with resources and activities for families (quality library programming, parks/playgrounds, variety of preschools, good public schools, etc). We have an infant, a preschooler and an elementary schooler.

Thank you for any insight you can provide!
You need to visit first before you uproot your children.

How do you even know you will like it here? You don't, some people love it here, others from back east and the Midwest like yourselves find they don't like it. I know a couple from Michigan who after two years moved back to Michigan, they had decent jobs to, but home ownership was never going to happen.

When you have children involved you need to think about schools.

You need to fly out(both of you) for a week and take a look around.

Personally unless you're seeing a big leap in income I wouldn't move to Southern CA with kids these days.

It would be different if you were single or just two adults.

I moved to Southern CA after college, many years ago, but I visited a few times before making the move and I only had to worry about myself at the time.

You need to do more of your own research, your socks might get knocked off when you find out about the cost of preschool alone compared to what you're used to.

You need to visit and really research first.

Old 12-26-2018, 06:06 PM

13 posts, read 24,514 times
Thank you so much for sharing this information! This is a helpful first step in our researching process. We believe that we’ve narrowed it down to Claremont, Upland, and Rancho. These are the areas my spouse will examine when out there for the first time. That firsthand experience should help us narrow it even further for our trip out together to search for a rental home. We like established communities with history, personality, and culture. We’ll find out if these fit the bill. Thank you all for being a solid resource.

Old 12-28-2018, 11:11 AM

13,826 posts, read 29,840,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YolandalehOnTheWay View Post
Thank you so much for sharing this information! This is a helpful first step in our researching process. We believe that we’ve narrowed it down to Claremont, Upland, and Rancho. These are the areas my spouse will examine when out there for the first time. That firsthand experience should help us narrow it even further for our trip out together to search for a rental home. We like established communities with history, personality, and culture. We’ll find out if these fit the bill. Thank you all for being a solid resource.
Upland will be best for that.

Good luck!

Old 12-28-2018, 05:43 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,591,103 times
Claremont > Upland to the nth degree! (But it's [much] less affordable.)

Old 12-28-2018, 06:04 PM

925 posts, read 1,054,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Claremont > Upland to the nth degree! (But it's [much] less affordable.)
Upland is right next door to Claremont. Cheaper but an still enjoy Claremont.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties