Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2019, 11:54 PM

242 posts, read 317,422 times

Advertisements

I was wondering, for those who live in the San Bernardino area, north of the 210 Freeway; Is over the air television still difficult to get with an outdoor antenna?

Mt San Antonio (Mt Baldy) blocks the signals from the antenna farm on Mt Wilson near Pasadena. Is this still a problem or has there been some resolution? Digital Televison has been around since 2009. The only station I can get with rabbit ears is KVCR 24 PBS, which of course is from San Bernardino.

I want to get rid of Dish Network to save some money, even though I have the cheapest package.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2019, 03:36 PM

Would the newer outdoor TV antennas work? I have seen some homes in Muscoy (rural community west of San Bernardino) with outdoor antennas.

I have Frontier home phone and DSL internet. Is the TV service only with Frontier FIOS? I heard that if you change to FIOS, you can no longer go back to DSL as its being phased out. Does FIOS offer a local channels only service?
Attached Thumbnails
San Bernardino Area. Any changes in over the air television reception?-tv.jpg   San Bernardino Area. Any changes in over the air television reception?-tv2.jpg  

Old 02-07-2019, 11:40 PM

How accurate is that FCC DTV website?
Attached Thumbnails
San Bernardino Area. Any changes in over the air television reception?-map.jpg   San Bernardino Area. Any changes in over the air television reception?-dtv.jpg  

Old 02-13-2019, 04:32 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,017,573 times
I have had over the air antenna for over 20 yrs & I am quite content. Plenty of programs to watch from old to new. People will now have to rescan their DTV boxes due to frequency changes.

Old 03-13-2019, 06:37 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,017,573 times
Rescan your tv or dtv box on Monday march 18 after 12 pm to continue to receive L.A. channels 5, 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 5.4.

Old 03-13-2019, 06:47 PM

464 posts, read 286,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsoto1988 View Post
I was wondering, for those who live in the San Bernardino area, north of the 210 Freeway; Is over the air television still difficult to get with an outdoor antenna?

Mt San Antonio (Mt Baldy) blocks the signals from the antenna farm on Mt Wilson near Pasadena. Is this still a problem or has there been some resolution? Digital Televison has been around since 2009. The only station I can get with rabbit ears is KVCR 24 PBS, which of course is from San Bernardino.

I want to get rid of Dish Network to save some money, even though I have the cheapest package.

How about getting a Roku box?

Television reception is very poor in my area too, but I don't want for anything in my TV, and there are often far fewer commercials on the Roku channels.

I bet you could get your local news too, (I could get your local news up here in Seattle. ) they have 1000s of channels, and I don't pay one cent for programming!

Thx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties