U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2020, 07:08 PM

2 posts, read 670 times

Advertisements

our location is northern California. We don't know anyone in Southern California and other than visiting during summer to typical tourist attractions, we are not familiar with any of the neighborhoods in Southern California.

Job would be in Fontana. And our dream would be to eventually buy an a small home for no more than $380k. Do you guys think there is such a neighborhood that is safe, public schools are good? We have heard about horrific traffic but are willing to commute since we are aware that affordable housing comes with commuting.

Your advise is greatly appreciated, thank you so much!

Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2020, 01:10 PM

2,735 posts, read 1,702,190 times
I think North Fontana would be a good choice. Short drive for you. A growing area which still has some reasonable prices. You may be able to find a small home or townhome for that price.

The other places I would consider are Loma Linda, Eastvale and parts of Norco but I don't know if you can get a place for that price.

I wouldn't recommend Rialto or San Bernardino.

Old 08-10-2020, 03:09 PM

191 posts, read 41,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Romano View Post
I think North Fontana would be a good choice. Short drive for you. A growing area which still has some reasonable prices. You may be able to find a small home or townhome for that price.

The other places I would consider are Loma Linda, Eastvale and parts of Norco but I don't know if you can get a place for that price.

I wouldn't recommend Rialto or San Bernardino.

Rialto is OK, now. The demographics have improved, crime rate has dropped and it's better than it was in the early 2000s. I second North Fontana, though, because it puts you close to all of the shopping and restaurants of Rancho Cucamonga.

With Covid-19 and restrictions, though, there is talk of lots of malls closing. I don't know how this will effect Victoria Garden in RC?

Old 08-10-2020, 05:57 PM

2,735 posts, read 1,702,190 times
I forgot to mention there are lot of new residences in southern Ontario on the border with Eastvale, north of Limonite. Could probably find at least a townhome there.

Old 09-05-2020, 04:27 PM

783 posts, read 108,602 times
Talking unbelievable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bygt1111 View Post
our location is northern California. We don't know anyone in Southern California and other than visiting during summer to typical tourist attractions, we are not familiar with any of the neighborhoods in Southern California.

Job would be in Fontana. And our dream would be to eventually buy an a small home for no more than $380k. Do you guys think there is such a neighborhood that is safe, public schools are good? We have heard about horrific traffic but are willing to commute since we are aware that affordable housing comes with commuting.

Your advise is greatly appreciated, thank you so much!
Let's see..

Safe neighborhood?
Public schools that are good?

all for $380k?

That's funny right there!

Maybe double your budget, and that's still a stretch...

Oh, wait a minute.

How about Kentucky? (Fontana is similar.)

Old 09-07-2020, 11:06 PM

4 posts, read 12 times
Default Fontana advice

I think North Fontana is your ideal location. There is Rancho Cucamonga to the South West of Fontana but your cost will increase significantly as compared to North Fontana. North Fontana is where I live and I think it's a safe community. People are friendly and the area is very racially diverse. Good shopping near by in Sierra Lakes, Victoria Gardens and there's a new center in Rialto off the 210 Freeway. Housing costs are easily at or above the $350 baseline cost. Commuting to the West (LA, Pomona, Pasadena, etc) can be a challenge as all the So Cal freeways are heavily congested.. Good luck.

Old 09-08-2020, 03:50 AM

16,732 posts, read 35,332,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post

When was the last time you were here? Large demographic swings happened during the past 30 years. 30, even 20 years ago, the chances of a female black mayor even appearing on the ticket were slim. In 2018, the Honorable Madame Mayor Acuanetta Warren was elected to a third term, and she accomplished that in a Hispanic majority city with whites being the second largest demo by percentage.

We even have a mosque now.

Old 09-08-2020, 04:20 AM

16,732 posts, read 35,332,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bygt1111 View Post

Job would be in Fontana.
Is it air-conditioned? Here's a recent breakdown of hi temps for South Fontana, which is where I live:

Aug 12-22: 103, 102, 106, 111, 104, 103, 109, 108, 105, 105, 100
Aug 25-28: 100, 102, 103, 101
Sep 4-7: 104, 117, 116

Most of the days not listed were mid to high-nineties, with the exception of Aug 1 at 103, and a few days of the following week that saw hi temps in the mid-eighties due to a persistent marine layer.

Hottest temp in Fontana's recorded history: 118.3, set on July 6, 2018. Previous record had been 113, set sometime in the 1940s.

Old 09-08-2020, 05:13 AM

77,191 posts, read 89,948,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
Let's see..

Safe neighborhood?
Public schools that are good?

all for $380k?

That's funny right there!

Maybe double your budget, and that's still a stretch...

Oh, wait a minute.

Are you just trying to be funny? The op asked a serious question for heavens sake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or