Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 05:52 AM

74 posts, read 288,374 times

Advertisements

Why do so many people ask this,

Do you live in the area?

Then, if you say, "Yes, I live in Perris".

The MINTUE you say that word Perris, they state, "oh" with a look on their face...like Perris has an infestation of lice and evil and hate and poorness?

Last time I check, every city has it's older parts and every city has its poor areas. What? Temecula does not have gang bangers that live out there? You think that Murrieta does not have drug dealers? How about Menifee?

You think that all people in Perris are poor? Like every street is poor? Like everyone that lives in Perris has no college education? Like everyone in Perris is stupid? Sure, 65% of Perris is Hispanic. Is that bad?

Every city has it's older parts. Every city. It's not bad to live here. The schools are fine. I went to Perris high and YES, I did graduate from Perris High in 1993. I am a current senior at University of Redlands School of Business.

I guess the word "poor" means different things to different people.

Old 05-12-2008, 09:21 AM

43 posts, read 242,712 times
All it takes is a drive through Perris on the I-215 to say "Perris sucks." It is not a nice looking place.

Old 05-12-2008, 02:21 PM

Wink Why do people say, "Oh, perris?"

Well, no wonder. If you are the lazy type of person to judge a city based on what it looks like from the freeway and too freaking lazy to drive on the city streets to find out what it is REALLY like, then maybe you have no business saying anything. I'm sure other cities in our country look the same FROM THE FREEWAY.

Lazy people. Get off of the 215 freeway and drive on the streets. Come down to Feliz Street. Get a freaking map. Perris is NOT hell.

I guess you like to judge people by what they look like too, instead of getting to know people and dig a little depper. How sad people are like that.

Old 05-12-2008, 02:25 PM

I challenge anyone to drive on the 215 Freeway and EXIT Nuevo Road (going north bound toward Riverside make a right) Or if you are going south toward Temecula, make a LEFT. Or exit Ramona Exp and make a right if going northbound or a left if going south bound.

Perris is doing major construction on Perris Blvd/Ramona Expressway-but oh wait- people can't see RAMONA EXPRESSWAY from the FREEWAY!!! Oh, well, not unless you have x-ray vision and can see through miles and miles of other things. But who on earth has x-ray vision? All I see is people with "negative vision".

You will see that Perris is not all that bad. Get off the freaking freeway! I don't see much of Corona from the freeway either. Same goes for any other city.

Old 05-12-2008, 02:31 PM

Wink Shallow poeple on look on the outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiegan View Post
All it takes is a drive through Perris on the I-215 to say "Perris sucks." It is not a nice looking place.
Well, I guess a lot of people are not "nice looking people" and by what you just said, you judge people and places by looks, instead of digging a little depper. Oh, no. You don't want to do your homework on people or on cities. All you want to do is take the easy, lazy route and look on the outside.

How sad that you were brought up like that. Your mother must love you so very much to teach you to judge cities and people by looks only, instead of getting to KNOW someone or getting to KNOW a city.

People don't CARE how much you KNOW, untill they KNOW how much you CARE. I can see that you do not CARE about anything-unless it LOOKS good. Beauty is only skin deep.

Old 05-12-2008, 09:52 PM

539 posts, read 1,799,419 times
Most people are just stating their perception when they say; "Oh...Perris". Back in the day, my parents owned rental houses in Perris. I used to work as a carpenter in Perris. I used to go to Perris H.S. for sports. All I saw was blight in Perris so my opinion of Perris isn't favorable. I had several friends from Perris who did live in the nicer areas of Perris but overall the perception is bad.

Old 05-12-2008, 11:26 PM

9 posts, read 53,200 times
I've driven through Perris countless times, both through the city and on the freeway. There's no getting around the fact that the majority of the city looks the way it does. sandbar3000, Perris doesn't have a favorable outward image amongst the people that you talk to. Clearly, you have a problem with this. Accept the fact that people don't find the city attractive... you're thinking too much.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:33 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,198,483 times
I lived in Perris in the 70's, it hasn't changed much since then from what I read on this forum.

Old 05-14-2008, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I lived in Perris in the 70's, it hasn't changed much since then from what I read on this forum.
Well, you think I'm going to post all about the growth in Perris, Winco, Starbucks, the thearte, Wal-mart and all of the other stores. The 70's? Please. Wal-Mart, StarBucks, 31 Flavors, Winco and Home Depot was not here in Perris in the 70's.

May be I should post all new business here in Perris, so people know the truth about it?

Old 05-14-2008, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglyblackjohn View Post
Most people are just stating their perception when they say; "Oh...Perris". Back in the day, my parents owned rental houses in Perris. I used to work as a carpenter in Perris. I used to go to Perris H.S. for sports. All I saw was blight in Perris so my opinion of Perris isn't favorable. I had several friends from Perris who did live in the nicer areas of Perris but overall the perception is bad.
thank you for your answer. I have been waiting for someone to state that it is only their preception of Perris. I mean come on. All cities started out-small. All cities did not become like Riverside (as it is now) overnight.
It's sad how many people have a low outlook on Perris. I

t just goes to show what people value...and what people think of beauty and material things like big big big homes (2-3K square feet) and big big big cars (like SUV's) and big big big pay checks for a family of 3 (like $50K year). I guess I'm one that values family and not looks. Looks mean nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties