U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 12:12 AM

12,840 posts, read 23,194,240 times

Advertisements

The above pics are of the northern flank of the Bernasconi Trail in MoVal. I got around to the eastern end, but the trail was blocked off, and I didn't feel like hopping a fence just before sunset, especially when a hike up and down a literal hill would have been involved. The views were good enough from there. Bunch of new houses being built, and there are very good views of the surrounding area. The San Gabriels, the San Bernardinos, Box Springs, whatever they call the hills between Mo Val and Redlands, and Mt. San Jacinto can be seen from there (I don't recall getting a pic of that one tho ).

We spent the last 9 days in the IE. Didn't do much. Seemed like we were in traffic on the 60 between Moreno Valley and Jurupa Valley most of the time. Got to the original Del Taco in Barstow finally. Ate at Miguel's Jr. 4 times (bought 9 burritos for the road ). Baker's thrice. Played poker at San Manuel (worst poker room in the world IMO ). Shooters Billiards for the first time in 14 years. Some dive bar in Woodcrest. Went to Tyler Mall and MoVal Mall (karaoke at Round1 for the lolz). Never made it to Corona, or west of Tyler. Never went to OC or LA. Did drive out to Yucaipa/Calimesa for the hell of it, and stopped by the very busy 99c Only store while there.

Briefly pondered moving back, but nah. Going more than once a year is good enough IMO. I enjoyed the unseasonably hot weather though!

Old 11-26-2017, 04:52 PM

1,341 posts, read 802,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post

The above pics are of the northern flank of the Bernasconi Trail in MoVal. I got around to the eastern end, but the trail was blocked off, and I didn't feel like hopping a fence just before sunset, especially when a hike up and down a literal hill would have been involved. The views were good enough from there. Bunch of new houses being built, and there are very good views of the surrounding area. The San Gabriels, the San Bernardinos, Box Springs, whatever they call the hills between Mo Val and Redlands, and Mt. San Jacinto can be seen from there (I don't recall getting a pic of that one tho ).

We spent the last 9 days in the IE. Didn't do much. Seemed like we were in traffic on the 60 between Moreno Valley and Jurupa Valley most of the time. Got to the original Del Taco in Barstow finally. Ate at Miguel's Jr. 4 times (bought 9 burritos for the road ). Baker's thrice. Played poker at San Manuel (worst poker room in the world IMO ). Shooters Billiards for the first time in 14 years. Some dive bar in Woodcrest. Went to Tyler Mall and MoVal Mall (karaoke at Round1 for the lolz). Never made it to Corona, or west of Tyler. Never went to OC or LA. Did drive out to Yucaipa/Calimesa for the hell of it, and stopped by the very busy 99c Only store while there.

Briefly pondered moving back, but nah. Going more than once a year is good enough IMO. I enjoyed the unseasonably hot weather though!
You mean between Moreno Valley and Beaumont (on the 60)? If that, then these hills are called the San Timoteo Badlands.

If you mean the other hills that are between Moreno Valley and Redlands, that area is probably the San Timoteo Canyon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2017, 08:19 PM

12,840 posts, read 23,194,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Graves View Post
You mean between Moreno Valley and Beaumont (on the 60)? If that, then these hills are called the San Timoteo Badlands.

If you mean the other hills that are between Moreno Valley and Redlands, that area is probably the San Timoteo Canyon.
Canyon. I had the pleasure of driving through both of them on the trip.

Old 02-25-2018, 07:17 PM

6 posts, read 3,808 times
It depends upon what you are looking for when you say 'Inland Empire' - it's truly enormous. I live in Redlands, which is very beautiful; neighboring Highland and San Bernardino? Yeegh. I just looked it up - the IE encompasses some 4,850 square miles - yup, HUGE! Parts of Riverside are gorgeous; the mountains astounding (you can hike up to Mt Baldy from my folks' house in Upland); and we have ski areas in Big Bear and Arrowhead. That being said, there are as many undesirable areas as there are desirable. Cali politics have exponentially increased the homeless/parolee population, so a lot of us who have lived here most of our lives are looking to get out.

Try searching for Redlands, Riverside, Big Bear, Joshua Tree, and Palm Springs for images. If you are coming for a visit, definitely come in through Ontario airport - I travel a lot and it's one of my favorite, low-key airports.

Old 02-25-2018, 07:36 PM

1,341 posts, read 802,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal67 View Post
Try searching for Redlands, Riverside, Big Bear, Joshua Tree, and Palm Springs for images. If you are coming for a visit, definitely come in through Ontario airport - I travel a lot and it's one of my favorite, low-key airports.
Joshua Tree and PS are usually not considered to be within the IE, and each are within their own outlying regions. I'm not exactly sure about Big Bear Lake, though (if it's IE or not).

Old 02-28-2018, 04:59 PM

5,589 posts, read 2,427,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal67 View Post
Try searching for Redlands, Riverside, Big Bear, Joshua Tree, and Palm Springs for images.
JT and PS aren't IE. JT is HD and PS is CV. But TEHO and YMMV. LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties