Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2022, 11:47 AM

2,077 posts, read 2,016,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
Huh? I was answering the person's question.
I'll never leave California period. I like it here.. I escaped Texas somewhat alive 35 years ago and I will not be going back plus my husband is buried here and I don't really care what a conserve thinks about that.. you do you.

Anyway, my thoroughbreds . My family has raised and trained Tb's for the track since the early 1800's I have them still today and still show also occasionally. Also am very active with the California Tb breeders Association. There is a circuit between Del Mar,Santa Anita and Los Alamitos and even sometimes Golden Gate that I follow and sometimes NY and KY if they are doing that well. But in no way do I need to live near the tracks themselves.. Some of my horses from over the decades are in my album here.

I just have my broodmares with me and in that Temecula Valley from Hemet down to Temecula are where most of the large breeding farms are that cater to people like me. I have had racing AQHAs in the past and show there sometimes but not really much AQHA anymore ..

Im going to go over there and at least look .. that way I'll know . I mean I lived on the east side of Bakersfield and didn't mind it at all.. it was the heat and lack of a Vet for my mares that caused me to leave

Last edited by DutchessCottonPuff; 05-17-2022 at 12:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2022, 01:44 AM

340 posts, read 175,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
No one wants to talk about Hemet. It's a hellhole. Don't move there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer46 View Post
While my wife and I chose not to move there, a friend and his wife did and enjoyed it. Hemet is like a lot of other cities; good areas and bad areas. Now I will admit it has more bad than good, but there are many nice areas there.

I agree with the top quote that Hemet is a hellhole.. you would know if you spent some time there, it is a strange isolated place in the socal region and it is not like a maybarry style small town in the midwest. Being in Hemet gives off the feeling of being trapped in a valley of weirdness, especially at night, the whole area give off a weird vibe and the streets are rampant with high concentrations of meth addicts. The Victorville high desert area has the same vibe but feels more "open" even though it's geographically and more isolated... when you enter Hemet you'll see a billboard with creepy eyes warning of sex offenders.

Old 05-18-2022, 08:54 AM

3,322 posts, read 7,968,935 times
Quote:
Huh? I was answering the person's question.

The person asked about a particular city. You decided to get political and spoke about an entire state.

You don't see the issue there, do you?

Old 05-18-2022, 07:09 PM

10,297 posts, read 6,818,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post

Some of my horses from over the decades are in my album here.
Thank you for guiding us to those pics. Rarely does anyone take the time to create a photo section. (Myself included.) Those photos are some of the best on here.
Quote:

I just have my broodmares with me and in that Temecula Valley from Hemet down to Temecula are where most of the large breeding farms are that cater to people like me. I have had racing AQHAs in the past and show there sometimes but not really much AQHA anymore ..

Im going to go over there and at least look .. that way I'll know . I mean I lived on the east side of Bakersfield and didn't mind it at all.. it was the heat and lack of a Vet for my mares that caused me to leave
Yes, you should be able to find equine vets in Temecula to Norco, along the I-15 corridor.

Old 05-19-2022, 10:22 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,421,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
The person asked about a particular city. You decided to get political and spoke about an entire state.

You don't see the issue there, do you?
Thanks for the clarification. I am seeing a trend, and the trend is sending the entire stated into a hell hole. It's sad that many of our California cities, Compton where I grew up, was once a very nice town. I have seen the same thing happen to many Inland Empire Cities, and now big cities like San Francisco, Los Angeles are all turning into hell holes. But again, it's just our opinions right?
I can be political when THERE ISN'T A BALANCE OF POLITICAL PARTIES. I am not necessarily dinging the Democrats, but they are they are the ones running California without any other political balance to keep things in check.

Old 05-19-2022, 10:56 PM

340 posts, read 175,420 times
Quote:
Thanks for the clarification. I am seeing a trend, and the trend is sending the entire stated into a hell hole. It's sad that many of our California cities, Compton where I grew up, was once a very nice town. I have seen the same thing happen to many Inland Empire Cities, and now big cities like San Francisco, Los Angeles are all turning into hell holes. But again, it's just our opinions right?
I can be political when THERE ISN'T A BALANCE OF POLITICAL PARTIES. I am not necessarily dinging the Democrats, but they are they are the ones running California without any other political balance to keep things in check.

Whole state a hellhole? I can see everything here cost much more for everything than anywhere else but calling it a hellhole just affirms your political bias... if politics and ideologies doesn't fit your style just move? Like when you moved out of Compton during white flight. If too much diversity is your definition of hellhole in CA then you know what you need to do..

Old 05-20-2022, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by number 4 mvp View Post
I agree with the top quote that Hemet is a hellhole.. you would know if you spent some time there, it is a strange isolated place in the socal region and it is not like a maybarry style small town in the midwest. Being in Hemet gives off the feeling of being trapped in a valley of weirdness, especially at night, the whole area give off a weird vibe and the streets are rampant with high concentrations of meth addicts. The Victorville high desert area has the same vibe but feels more "open" even though it's geographically and more isolated... when you enter Hemet you'll see a billboard with creepy eyes warning of sex offenders.
I don't really know how I missed even going over there.. I guess it just never came up ??

I do know what you mean about Victorville though.. I don't like that at all and not sure why besides not being an INTENSELY desert person like that..I didn't think it was in anyway like Mayberry.. I'm just trying to find the most economical way to live in or NEAR The Temecula valley for my equine situation.My loan person is trying to get me to acquiesce to a mortgage so I can live in Temecula or Murrieta instead...ugh I just at 59 wasn't sure I wanted to have another but..I'll probably go to all the places Temecula, Murrieta and Hemet and see whats going on . I haven't been to Temecula in some time .

Old 05-20-2022, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Yeah you can be political but please not on my thread .Not everyone's opinion needs to be or should be broadcast everywhere..like this thread. No one cares what anyone's opinion is in the grand scheme of things and its just not appropriate for this thread. Get active i government if you don't like it.

Old 05-28-2022, 11:54 AM

10,297 posts, read 6,818,131 times
DutchessCP~ Since the equine criteria is there, take a look around Winchester/French Valley.

Old 05-31-2022, 02:56 AM

2,360 posts, read 1,436,981 times
Don't live in Hemet. It's never really been a good area, & when the subprime mortgage situation happened 15-some years ago, the building boom attracted a lot of people who brought their lifestyle with them. I was spending time in & near Hemet for work at that time & saw it happening. I still knew someone who lived there until 6 years ago. The gangs, drugs, crime are still there. Keep your sanity & safety & live in Temecula/Murrieta. Oh, also stay away from Victorville, Hesperia, Adelanto, that whole area...just no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties