Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2008, 09:49 PM

15 posts, read 67,305 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone!
I have signed a three month lease on a condo in the Indian Palms Country Club starting July 15. I rented it sight-unseen and have only been exploring the area as far south as Washington Blvd on Hwy 111. I'm hoping someone here will share with me the areas I want to stay away from in Indio ~ especially grocery store areas where I may not be safe in the evening. Since I will be looking for a long term place in October I would also like to know if there are areas I should stay away from in the cities of La Quinta, Palm Desert, Rancho Mirage, and Indian Wells as well.

I'm also hoping for suggestions on employers that may be looking to hire someone full-time. I have experience in office administration, bookkeeping, and hotel experience. I also have 10 years real estate experience and will be taking the California exam once I'm settled in Indio. So far I've been watching the classified ads in the Desert Sun and CraigsList. I've also been watching the Riverside County site and the individual city sites for gov jobs. Any forum I'm missing?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can give me.
Warm Regards ~ Jolon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 10:40 PM

167 posts, read 492,564 times
Palm Desert/Springs is pretty much a resort area for the LA as well as Arizona folks. With the hotel experience you have, it seems a good fit for you, so pretty much any resort/community there would make for prospective employers.

There aren't very many areas at all to avoid, and the ones there are will be really obvious.

Old 07-16-2008, 06:05 PM

15 posts, read 67,305 times
Default Advice needed ASAP Please!!

Hello,
Thank you Harahap for being so kind to reply! The urgent question I have for anyone who can give me some quick advise is this:
I'm moving into a furnished condo in Indio on Saturday and was planning to store all of my belongings in the garage for 3 months while I searched for a more permanent home. Someone last night advised me against that saying that they would be destroyed by the heat in that short of a time. Has anyone else had experience with this?
Thanks! Jolon

Old 07-18-2014, 02:42 AM

10 posts, read 26,327 times
Jolon,
I had a similar problem a few years ago. Except, our stuff was in storage. I was so worried. I think we moved the stuff in in May and out In September. All we owned, but minimal living needs....clothing, toiletries. It all survived...intact, functioning,no problems, nothing ruined....no food in there, of course.

You received good advice to be concerned. Since you have a garage, open it up early in the morning for a while to cool. Keep an eye on it. Don't leave... have a cup of coffee or something. Do not leave it open if you are not there. You may notice, some people leave their garage door opened a crack during the day to help cool it and move the air around. My hubby did that for awhile, but he was home. Be alert.

We looked at Indian Palms to buy a rental unit. Since you did it sight unseen, I believe I know which neighborhood you're in. Maybe you'll love it. It was not an area we were interested in. That Club seemed huge, so drive around it and you'll see such a variety real estate just in there.

Good luck on the job hunt, you seriously need that.

Welcome to the desert!

Sorry, new here and didn't see date til after posting. Wow, where'd everyone go?

Last edited by desertlover14; 07-18-2014 at 02:44 AM.. Reason: OLD NEWS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties