U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Which would you say is the best city to live in (considering price and quality of neighborhoods)?
Upland 3 20.00%
Ontario 0 0%
Claremont 2 13.33%
Montclair 1 6.67%
Rancho Cucamonga 8 53.33%
Chino 1 6.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 05:34 PM

8 posts, read 16,404 times

Advertisements

I'm considering moving to the Ontario area, basically to get away from the ridiculously high prices of living in the South Bay area. I want to know which areas are nice (and safe) to live in. I'm considering most of the surrounding cities too like Upland, Claremont, Montclair, Chino, possibly Rancho Cucamonga (although I don't want to go any farther out than there). I'm not sure how much I'll be able to afford on rent (I'd like at least a 2bd for around $1000, but not much more). I know Upland, Claremont and Chino tend to be more expensive and nice areas, but I just need to know where to look (specific streets would help). Hopefully, then, I'll be able to find an apartment within my price range.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2008, 05:52 PM

87 posts, read 273,948 times
Rancho Cucamonga is good. Ontario is nice to has the airport and Ontario Mills is great place to shop eat and more.

Old 07-21-2008, 06:04 PM

169 posts, read 562,208 times
To balance out a nice place to live and to keep with your budget I would say Claremont, Upland or Rancho Cucmonga are nice places. Claremont has the colleges a different character from the other surrounding towns. The northern part of the city is more of a bedroom community. Upland is pretty much a bedroom community, especially north of Foothill Boulevard. Most of the apartments are south of Foothill Boulevard. While Rancho Cucamonga has the newest feel of all these cities with lots of good shopping (largely big box stores) and chain restaurants. There are some nice apartments near the Victoria Gardens, but I think they are a little more expensive. Ontario, Montclair and Chino- you would have to pick more carefully. There are some okay neigborhoods and neighborhoods you'd best avoid in Ontario, Montclair or Chino. For Ontario, if you are going to live you'd best live in the northern part closer to Upland or Rancho Cucamonga. Can't say much of specific areas of Montclair or Chino other than I would recommend living in Claremont, Upland or Rancho Cucamonga over them.

Old 07-22-2008, 07:50 PM

7 posts, read 27,291 times
I like Rancho Cucamonga for it's diversity. It has just about everything you need. Nice parks, malls, close to the airport, close enough to the mountains, desert and the sea to visit easily, and a very well planned infrastructure.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:35 PM

16 posts, read 153,453 times
from D street south till u hit Francis is not a good area at all....alot of gang activity...shootings...drug sales...the whole 9...

most of western ontario is not great either until u hit about 4 street...

the area around john gavlin park and east of grove isnt nice either...i was actually hit up and almost jumped at that park by the local varrio when i was younger but was able to get away...

Holt blvd is infamous for prostitution and slanging in ontario montclair and pomona...

the okay areas are below the 60 bordering chino or far to the north bordering upland....

chino is a decent city imo

upland is nice as is rancho cucamonga...cept the the area around 8th and hermosa..

montclair has bad and good areas

Old 07-26-2008, 11:00 PM

7 posts, read 32,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one 1 View Post
from D street south till u hit Francis is not a good area at all....alot of gang activity...shootings...drug sales...the whole 9...

most of western ontario is not great either until u hit about 4 street...

the area around john gavlin park and east of grove isnt nice either...i was actually hit up and almost jumped at that park by the local varrio when i was younger but was able to get away...

Holt blvd is infamous for prostitution and slanging in ontario montclair and pomona...

the okay areas are below the 60 bordering chino or far to the north bordering upland....

chino is a decent city imo

upland is nice as is rancho cucamonga...cept the the area around 8th and hermosa..

montclair has bad and good areas
Agreed, southern and most of nothern Ontario are the bad areas...east Ontario is the newer,nicer area of Ontario(where the Ontario Mills and newer homes are being built)...
Ontario has a very old and big mexican gang in the south side of Ontario and nothern Ontario has a smaller mexican gang...Upland and Rancho Cucamonga are safer bets...with Claremont being the nicer and safer of the bunch.

Old 07-30-2008, 03:00 PM

1 posts, read 10,422 times
I recommend Rancho Cucamonga. I live there now...right on the border of the "newer' part of Ontario. It's a nice area. Good luck finding a 2 bedroom for $1000 anywhere in this area. Maybe in the crappy part of Ontario, but definitely not in Rancho or Upland.

Old 07-30-2008, 08:20 PM

16 posts, read 153,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONTARIO IxE View Post
Agreed, southern and most of nothern Ontario are the bad areas...east Ontario is the newer,nicer area of Ontario(where the Ontario Mills and newer homes are being built)...
Ontario has a very old and big mexican gang in the south side of Ontario and nothern Ontario has a smaller mexican gang...Upland and Rancho Cucamonga are safer bets...with Claremont being the nicer and safer of the bunch.

yep...OVS BA's...real ass riders from that hood...

i used to stay right off holt when i lived in "onta" lol

saw hella activity...

god help u if u had a pirates hat on in that area...lol...those who know know what i mean

Old 08-04-2008, 06:08 AM

12 posts, read 51,867 times
I grew up in Onatrio and my family is still there. A nice area is below the 60 off of Haven. Creekside is small, green, with community pools and tennis courts and its friendly. You have easy access the the 60 and the 15. I am not to sure on rental prices. I think it would be cheaper by the Ontario Mills and you are still in a safe area.
Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties