Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2015, 09:37 AM

1 posts, read 1,365 times

Advertisements

Hello!
So I'm a college student and my parents want me to take a year between finishing community college and going to university. The reason they want me to do this is because they suddenly decided that they want to move to Murietta(somewhere near Temecula?) around the time I was going to transfer. So they basically won't have extra money at the time and will save for my college after the move, I'll spend the extra year working and saving as well.
*By the way, yes I did initially consider moving out. And yes, that would be my preferred choice but it isn't really an option because I need money to go to savings, not rent/bills/food.

This is all fun and games, but I don't really know much about Murietta. First of all, we currently live in south orange county. We've moved within Orange County. I find the current place we live in, Lake Forest, boring because I get bored easily. But at least we're close to the beach(I love the beach), Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, etc. My parents also mentioned something about it being hotter in Murrieta??(I dislike the heat)

Anyone who lives in Murrieta, what is it like from a college-aged person's point of view? Or just for young people in general? From what I've found online, its a good place to raise a family. I'm afraid that it will be very boring for me, especially being so far from my friends. All I will be doing is working, NOT going to school. Also, how big is Murrieta and is it near things to do? Any more advice/conparisons from those who know the area? Thank you!!

Last edited by reassumeart; 10-30-2015 at 09:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2015, 12:06 PM

89 posts, read 112,921 times
you will be very bored if you are bored in Lake forest. If you are proactive you could make some friends out here pretty easily its usually about 10-20 degrees warmer here than where you are now so yes you will hate the heat although its very dry heat most people can bare it. Make friends with a pool or tell your parents to buy a house with a pool.

Old 11-05-2015, 03:34 PM

73 posts, read 305,950 times
On the bright side, you'll be with mostly more level headed people than from the OC. No more of the flashy blinged out super pretentious Christian Audigier / Ed Hardy, douche baggie bros and snobby attitudes. ALTHOUGH, we have a huge influx of the OC failed has-beens now who bring their higher than thou attitudes with them in the past couple years.

Old 11-28-2015, 07:02 PM

4 posts, read 5,812 times
I'm not a college student but I raised my kids here in Murrieta. We've been here for 19 years. My kids still live here and had lot's of fun during their 20's here. The beach is 60 minutes away, snowboarding and skiing 90 minutes away. Anaheim is only 60 minutes away. There's lot's of night life in down town Temecula as well as the wineries. We have lots of running trails and parks. We have a community college available as well as APU for college classes. San Marcos State has a campus here as well. I wish you luck in your new travels!

Old 11-28-2015, 10:32 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,134,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsigma View Post
On the bright side, you'll be with mostly more level headed people than from the OC. No more of the flashy blinged out super pretentious Christian Audigier / Ed Hardy, douche baggie bros and snobby attitudes. ALTHOUGH, we have a huge influx of the OC failed has-beens now who bring their higher than thou attitudes with them in the past couple years.

How have you made this sociological determination about 3 million OCers (not to mention the many people in your neck of the IE)?

Old 11-29-2015, 04:35 PM

73 posts, read 305,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post

How have you made this sociological determination about 3 million OCers (not to mention the many people in your neck of the IE)?
It's very simple. I lived there (OC) for two decades. It made its change for the worse with all the real estate fraud.

Old 11-29-2015, 06:17 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,134,777 times
Oh I see. You must have remained an expert on OC even when you resided in RPV/South Bay (LA). And residing in LA no doubt made you familiar with all 3 million people from the neighboring county.

Old 12-08-2015, 03:16 PM

48 posts, read 122,065 times
Murrieta is great but if I was college age, I would aim for Temecula. Try to get closer to Old Town which is a lot of fun, if small. Temecula also has all the wineries which can be a lot of fun on Fridays and weekends . Updated : just realized that you should also check out Events as they really vary widely out here. I put out events for my clients but it is usually family oriented. However, I found one site that is a good mix of events, try here - http://eventstemecula.com/

You might also look up stuff at Old Town separately and also do specific Winery Events in Temecula searches too. Those can be a lot of fun. I didn't have more time to do that right now, sorry!

Stefan

Last edited by stefanwest; 12-08-2015 at 03:20 PM.. Reason: adding more information for events

Old 01-02-2016, 01:56 AM

175 posts, read 250,227 times
South orange County and murrieta and temecula are boring, however, the beach at Carlsbad is 45 minutes away......, :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties