Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2008, 01:29 PM

14 posts, read 101,237 times

Advertisements

Moved here to Nashville about a year ago, boy was I dissappointed at the housing market (apparently no one got the memo stating there's a housing crisis), cost of living thought it would be cheaper (NOT)!!!!!! Anyone else wanting to move back or already back in So Cal??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 02:06 PM

1,678 posts, read 2,545,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal4life View Post
Moved here to Nashville about a year ago, boy was I dissappointed at the housing market (apparently no one got the memo stating there's a housing crisis), cost of living thought it would be cheaper (NOT)!!!!!! Anyone else wanting to move back or already back in So Cal??
Why are you disappointed, since homes in Tennessee ARE cheaper all the way around from what I've heard and checked on...I know there are expensive homes there too, but you can get so much more there for the money. I'm not saying I don't believe what you've observed, I just was wondering what kind of home you're looking at. Also, TN has no state tax from what I've heard. What did you find that was so expensive as far as the cost of living goes, as opposed to CA, which you know is through the ceiling! I'm sure you aren't the only one disappointed with your move, but I've mostly heard about people who say moving to TN was the best thing they ever did!! I ask this because TN is on my list to retire to in the next year...we want to get out of So Cal...

Old 08-30-2008, 02:34 PM

14 posts, read 101,237 times
When we first decided to move here, California homes were too expensive and also fuel. We looked online at homes that seemed to be a good buy. Once we arrived the homes that we were looking at that was a fair price was 50 miles outside of town or in very bad areas. The same homes that we looked after arriving are still sitting on the market today. And they are still not coming down on their prices, even the ones that have been on the market for over a year. But we did want something with at least 3 acreas of land. From what I've heard, the land is whats expensive.
Our health ins., our veh. ins, gro's etc. are more than what we paid in California. It shocked me too. Sure there is no State Tax and that's nice. BUT their sales tax is 9.25. And food is 5.5% here.
Tennessee is very scenic. Lots of green for sure.

Old 08-30-2008, 03:43 PM

1,678 posts, read 2,545,517 times
Well socal, homes here are still 'up there' in price. Yes, they've come down some, but a decent home in a decent area is still going to cost you a bundle. Do you have to stay in Nashville? Is it possible to move to eastern TN...maybe things would be better for you there? But I hope things work out for you if coming back here is what you want. Good luck!

Old 08-30-2008, 04:44 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,438,984 times
Maybe someone named "socal4life" shouldn't have moved to Tennessee. How many trips to Nashville did you make before moving and what did your research show you? And you want 3 acres of land in TN and are complaining how expensive it is? Have you found and priced 3 acre home sites in SoCal for comparison?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties