Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2008, 10:42 PM

207 posts, read 799,661 times

Advertisements

How negative is the area off Grand in Lake Elsinore?

Does it just look worse than it really is? It is much more rural than off Lakeshore, but that does not make it necessarily bad, if for nothing else.

It seems to be primed for new commercial construction along Grand, which would certainly improve its viability.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 03:35 PM

1 posts, read 3,345 times
I was wondering the same thing. We bought a new house and grand is very close to it. I was wondering how that area is. We bought a kb home off union & corydon. Anything anyone can tell me about that area would be great. Thanks.

Old 11-02-2008, 04:46 PM

4 posts, read 14,037 times
I drive Grand Ave. almost every day, and it depends on the area of Grand you're talking about. Far north Grand, between where it becomes Lake St. and down towards Machado, is a fairly good area. I used to live in that area. South of Machado around the apartments it can be a rough area. I see police activity there often, especially at night. Between the bend where it splits off onto Riverside Dr. and all the way down towards Corydon (through Lakeland Village--it's unincorporated and not part of Lake Elsinore through most of there) is pretty iffy. I see a lot of police activity through there, too. And while it is rural, it's also trashy. Lots of low-value housing through there. Once you get to about Ontario Ave. going south it seems to get a little better. I briefly lived in the Reflections neighborhood off Ontario and it is a pretty safe, family-oriented area. You get the occassional problem, but not often. And I haven't heard much about the Fairfield/Madison KB community off Union and Corydon, but it looks clean and I haven't heard of many problems through there. Driving through I mostly see young families. And once you go farther south down Grand into Wildomar it seems to get even cleaner and safer. It's still fairly rural with lots of old horse properties/ranches, but it's not as trashy as Lakeland Village. I do have to say that the entire stretch of Grand seems to be improving since I moved out here. It looks like a lot of property owners are trying to clean it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties