Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2008, 01:32 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,017,573 times

Advertisements

The paramedic fee is part of the fire budget in Yucaipa,Ca.And as such should NOT have been in the first place voted in by the yucaipa city council.They were limited on how much they could raise the fire budget so they came up with the seperate double dipping fee.They are NOT trustworthy & honest.

Heres a a few facts about Yucaipa,Ca.
Yucaipa is a small city of around 41 thousand people located 70 miles east of Los Angeles in the foothills.Its hot/dry here usually from may-oct.Winters are cooler due to the 2500 ft plus elevation.Its actually a boring city with not much to do & yucaipa has no downtown.

The nearest nice city is Redlands (67k people,7 or so miles away).If i could afford it i would relocate back to Redlands.I wont live on the east side though cause its abit of a rough area.The south side is the best area of Redlands to live.Nice,clean & quiet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 08:19 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,017,573 times
The Yucaipa City Council are VERY cowardly.They fear their own shadows.Its just something how so many people are fooled by these tards.Well...at least the city council know they cant fool me.The paramedic fee is a RIPOFF!!

Old 11-26-2008, 09:28 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,576,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
The Yucaipa City Council are VERY cowardly.They fear their own shadows.Its just something how so many people are fooled by these tards.Well...at least the city council know they cant fool me.The paramedic fee is a RIPOFF!!
Reminds me of my days back in school . Sticks and stones will never hurt me . But facts to support your accusations against them would be interesting to hear.

Old 11-30-2008, 12:59 AM

44 posts, read 246,259 times
I would much rather have a Firefighter-Paramedic responding to my call for help than an EMT-B, which is what most Firefighters on an Engine Company. Paramedics have the ability to apply drugs intravenously, and many other advanced medical procedures that DO save lives.

Sure, no one likes to raise taxes, or have to pay them, but your $35.00, or whatever the amount is, is worth the ability to see your family/kids every day in the event you or someone you love found themselves in a medical emergency.

Old 11-30-2008, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSchuman View Post
I would much rather have a Firefighter-Paramedic responding to my call for help than an EMT-B, which is what most Firefighters on an Engine Company. Paramedics have the ability to apply drugs intravenously, and many other advanced medical procedures that DO save lives.
Sure, no one likes to raise taxes, or have to pay them, but your $35.00, or whatever the amount is, is worth the ability to see your family/kids every day in the event you or someone you love found themselves in a medical emergency.
While you may feel that way in Riverside Ca. assuming that Riverside Co. dosen't have enough money ?? The City of YUCAIPA and the City council keeps talking that they have so much money, they have always been in the black, they are better at managing their budget then surounding Citys . Some of the residents are only asking why couldn't they simply add more to the budget . They have it ( so they claim) Instead they used their new tax as a way to get around raising the fire budget. I my self need to ask ? Do the Paramedics also fight fires? , or do they just stand and wait for some one ot get injured?? and if they fight fires how do they account for their time when they are fighting a fire as compaired to medical response. and if the funds are co-mingled then is that not increasing the fire budget ??
I am by no way saying they are not need or that they don't do a good job( which i will say i know for a fact they do a "GREAT" job ) It's the way the City gets the extra money from which to address this issue.

And additionaly how and in what way will the City council act this comming year when Real Estate tax revenues to the coffers ,will they still be bragin or will it be "LOOK OUT, LOOK OUT, Taxes are a RISEN" I hope not, but feel it will be reality!

Last edited by Fighter 1; 11-30-2008 at 09:34 PM..

Old 12-15-2008, 12:00 AM

44 posts, read 246,259 times
Yes. Paramedics do fight fires. They are simply firefighter trained to the skill of a Paramedic, which is the highest rank of EMTs. (EMT-Basic, EMT-Intermediate, EMT-Paramedic)

I don't quite understand what you mean when you say "account for their time."

A Firefighter-Paramedic responds on a Fire Engine. If they are called to the scene of an accident, the Paramedic assumes command medically speaking. They assess all of the victims, and then they begin to treat the most critically injured.

On a Structure Fire, the Firefighter Paramedic (Depending on if they are first or second) on scene, will usually begin to pull hose lines to begin attack of the fire.

As you can see, they are dual-role. Also, this "Paramedic Fee" could also be referring to American Medical Response, which is the ambulance service that serves Riverside & San Bernardino counties.

If this is the case, then that's why it wouldn't be added onto the Fire Budget, because the Fire Department isn't responsible for the ambulances (AMR). They are a privately-owned corporation.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSchuman View Post
Yes. Paramedics do fight fires. They are simply firefighter trained to the skill of a Paramedic, which is the highest rank of EMTs. (EMT-Basic, EMT-Intermediate, EMT-Paramedic)

I don't quite understand what you mean when you say "account for their time."

A Firefighter-Paramedic responds on a Fire Engine. If they are called to the scene of an accident, the Paramedic assumes command medically speaking. They assess all of the victims, and then they begin to treat the most critically injured.

On a Structure Fire, the Firefighter Paramedic (Depending on if they are first or second) on scene, will usually begin to pull hose lines to begin attack of the fire.

As you can see, they are dual-role. Also, this "Paramedic Fee" could also be referring to American Medical Response, which is the ambulance service that serves Riverside & San Bernardino counties.

If this is the case, then that's why it wouldn't be added onto the Fire Budget, because the Fire Department isn't responsible for the ambulances (AMR). They are a privately-owned corporation.
OK say that you are correct then why do we still pay dearly for the ride to the hospital by the AMR COMPANY ???? Double dipping Let me see !simple math $35.00 x 50,000 people + ??? = $1,750,000.00!!! Would it not be better for us to have our own ambulance's we have the drivers allready ?? we have better trained medic's ( that what you stated ) What are we getting for that $1,750,000.00. beside's the runaround !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties