Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 06:48 PM

15 posts, read 43,175 times

Advertisements

Ok, i see that. My question now is am i going to have to go through infested areas to get food or shop, walk my dog? I am sorry for asking so many questions but i really dont want to buy a home then get robbed the next day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 08:09 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,906,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upongame View Post
Ok, i see that. My question now is am i going to have to go through infested areas to get food or shop, walk my dog? I am sorry for asking so many questions but i really dont want to buy a home then get robbed the next day.
I've never had any problems. On the northend, communities are built around the walking trails. Sunnymead Ranch has miles of walking trails, as well as Hidden Springs and Shadow Mountain. Moreno Valley Ranch has a system of walking trails as well. I shop at Towngate, Moreno Beach Plaza, Lakeshore Village, and Stoneridge Ranch. With the exception of Towngate, they are all located in 92555 or 92557. Towngate has the mall and lots of other shops. It's connected to Canyon Springs in Riverside and Canyon Crossings (Macy's, JC Penny, Sears, Target, Walmart, Best Buy, Circuit City, Winco Foods, Sam's Club, Costco). Stoneridge Ranch is in the Stoneridge Ranch community. It has a Target, Kohls, and a Best Buy I believe. Stoneridge Ranch has a it's own private association only walking trail. Moreno Beach Plaza has a Walmart and Circuit City, it's right across the street from Stoneridge Ranch. There are some small neighborhood shopping centers in nice neighborhoods. Lakeshore Village is in Sunnymead Ranch across from the private lake club. It has a Ralphs and a good sushi bar. There are two neighborhood centers in Moreno Valley Ranch with a third in planning. The worst that has ever happened in my neighborhood was toliet paper in a tree and dingdong ditch. It's really safe in the nicer parts of town.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:00 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,687,832 times
Red face We've

been in Mo Val for quite a few years. I've never had any problems anywhere. I live in the 92551 area near JFK/Lasalle. Our hood is great! Sure, like anyplace around we have some vacant/for sale homes... but otherwise no problems at all. And I do go walk my dogs late at night. We're moving soon (job xfr) and I didn't think I would be sad to go but I am! I got a great renter for my home and we're set to go in a couple of weeks. I say stick to the city. You won't be dissappointed. I don't know about the schools though... the kids are grown.

Old 11-12-2008, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueprnova View Post
been in Mo Val for quite a few years. I've never had any problems anywhere. I live in the 92551 area near JFK/Lasalle. Our hood is great! Sure, like anyplace around we have some vacant/for sale homes... but otherwise no problems at all. And I do go walk my dogs late at night. We're moving soon (job xfr) and I didn't think I would be sad to go but I am! I got a great renter for my home and we're set to go in a couple of weeks. I say stick to the city. You won't be dissappointed. I don't know about the schools though... the kids are grown.

Didn't a kid get shoot out side of school in that area, or was that an isolated case. I do not mean any disrespect in this.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:29 PM

Isolated case. My aunt lives in Santee, CA...where there was a school shooting. Can happen anywhere.

Old 11-13-2008, 03:53 PM

I remember that in santee, i was in highschool at the time i think

Old 11-16-2008, 01:06 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,687,832 times
Default that

was on my block... isolated, yes.. sad... unbelieveably so.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:01 AM

17 posts, read 43,973 times
Default Not an isolated case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upongame View Post
Didn't a kid get shoot out side of school in that area, or was that an isolated case. I do not mean any disrespect in this.

This is not an isolated case, the zip for that area is 92553. I live at JFK and Perris Blvd. and can tell you that when that high school lets out, all their problems pour out into the neighborhoods around it. Our subdivision is always a battle ground for off campus fights.

The 92557 area went through a large rash of residential burglaries, the positive part of that was a burglary suppression team being formed by the MVPD.

Moreno Valley is full of different gangs, but if you don't bang or appear that you might they of now real problem for the normal citizen, except for any possible fall out which is rare in this city. It would seem the punks here have better aim then those in other cities.

Bottom line....were normal for any California city with a population of over 190,000, most of which is comprised of younger families.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvgordie View Post
This is not an isolated case, the zip for that area is 92553. I live at JFK and Perris Blvd. and can tell you that when that high school lets out, all their problems pour out into the neighborhoods around it. Our subdivision is always a battle ground for off campus fights.

The 92557 area went through a large rash of residential burglaries, the positive part of that was a burglary suppression team being formed by the MVPD.

Moreno Valley is full of different gangs, but if you don't bang or appear that you might they of now real problem for the normal citizen, except for any possible fall out which is rare in this city. It would seem the punks here have better aim then those in other cities.

Bottom line....were normal for any California city with a population of over 190,000, most of which is comprised of younger families.
I live in 92557 and never had any problems. The neighborhood is filled with retirees that kept their homes and families with older "kids" (kid-adults that either moved back in or working and living at home). Again, I guess it depends on the neighborhood. The isolated case in question is school shootings. I never went to Canyon, but my brother did, and he never experienced anything. A few friends also went to Canyon and said there were fights, but it all depended on wich group/clique you were with. Battle ground would be a little excessive...my dad taught at Vista Del Lago as a long term sub after he retired.

Old 11-24-2008, 06:58 PM

See that is my problem, I am of hispanicdecent and have to keep my hair low due to miltary constraints so i can be stereo typed as a gangmember. My point is that I dont want to be surrounded with gangs, i dont want to go to that one good restruant and have to worry about being robbed, car stolen, or beaten because someone is on drugs. From what i am thinking is i might move to Romoland. The problem with that is they are a new city and heard good things but that they fall under perris school district and i heard that it is a ruff city to grow up in. I do not mean any disrespect to people that live in hard areas as i grew up in some and thanks to my hard working parents i was able to better my family. I know hard working people live in ruff areas and i give them my respect but i can afford better and would like better for my family and i can pay up too 235,000 for a home at this time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties