U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 01:10 PM

9 posts, read 31,829 times
Default Honest opinions of Rialto?

Planing on buying a home in Rialto, (cedar & foothill) zipcode 92376 behind the home depot, what do you think about that area ? the most important thing is near bus lines, and shopping centers, and as everyone want "low crime".

is there anything we need to be aware of.. ?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 08:03 PM

351 posts, read 782,521 times
Default Is this a joke?

Is there anything to beware of? LOL! YES and that would be........RIALTO! AND Fontana! And you have picked one of the worst areas there is when it comes to crime. This must be a joke where's the cameras?! HAHAHAHAHAHA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberManiaK View Post
Planing on buying a home in Rialto, (cedar & foothill) zipcode 92376 behind the home depot, what do you think about that area ? the most important thing is near bus lines, and shopping centers, and as everyone want "low crime".

Thanks.

Old 10-26-2008, 11:41 PM

16,587 posts, read 19,316,649 times
The crime stats section of the Rialto PD website is "under construction". Since Rialto is basically East Fontana, check out these stats compiled by the Fontucky Police Dept: Fontana Police Department - Crime Statistics (http://www.fontana.org/police/Crime_Prevention/crime_statistics.htm - broken link)

It should give you a fairly good idea of what to expect.

As far as the neighborhood you want to buy in, all I know about it is, I've been to that Home Depot many times without problems. Can't help you as far as what it's like to live there. I can tell you what it's like to live in Fontana though.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:33 AM

9 posts, read 31,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
The crime stats section of the Rialto PD website is "under construction". Since Rialto is basically East Fontana, check out these stats compiled by the Fontucky Police Dept: Fontana Police Department - Crime Statistics (http://www.fontana.org/police/Crime_Prevention/crime_statistics.htm - broken link)

It should give you a fairly good idea of what to expect.

As far as the neighborhood you want to buy in, all I know about it is, I've been to that Home Depot many times without problems. Can't help you as far as what it's like to live there. I can tell you what it's like to live in Fontana though.
Thanks a lot you have PM

Old 10-31-2008, 01:56 AM

318 posts, read 458,115 times
Rialto??? Blechh! It's not one of the nicer areas in the IE but it is cheaper. I used to hang out in Rialto quite a bit a few years ago. For the most part it was pretty quiet, but I do remember that a friend of a friend was murdered and the body was found behind a dumpster.

I live in Vegas now and never had the problems with crime in the IE that I've had out here. A few years ago, I got purse snatched by who must be Vegas' Dumbest Criminal. He HAD my purse.. I chased after him in my FLIP FLOPS and sweats and because I screamed for help, he dropped my purse.. I guess he thought I was just going to be okay with him taking my purse and not make any noise.. I'm not complaining though.. I got my purse back. And more recently, I got my car stolen. None of this ever happened to me (or anyone I knew) in Rialto.

Old 10-31-2008, 07:43 PM

5 posts, read 44,415 times
There is a reason Rialto is often featured on the TV show Cops.

Old 11-01-2008, 04:03 PM

2,797 posts, read 3,199,843 times
Rialto, Moreno Valley, & some sections of Fontana are THE MOSt horrible of the Inland Empire cities. My bf used to live in Rialto. He moved out fast when a murdered body was found in his apt complex.

I wouldn't want to drive around any of those cities at night.

Old 11-02-2008, 10:30 AM

13 posts, read 41,916 times
Rialto insnt that bad of a place for southern cali in general......but comparing it to the cities around it...then ya its not as good when it comes to ''low crime'' but its not that bad.it may be bad compared to other cities in the i.e....but compared to cities in l.a. county and the o.c. then no its not that bad.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:20 PM

6 posts, read 28,646 times
Rialto is a very bad area. It's next to Fontana, Colton, San Bernardino. All bad. I live in Rancho Cucamonga, and I use to live just barely East of the 15fwy, still in Rancho, but on the border of Fontana. I rented before I saw where it was. Bad move... I had two cars stolen in 6 months. One of them was never found... the other one was found IN RIALTO, stripped to the bone... nothing left. The Officer that took the report for one of my stolen cars, called Fontana and Rialto "Felony Flats" - that's their nickname for that area!!

Rialto is ghetto.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:22 PM

794 posts, read 1,379,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberManiaK View Post

Thanks.
I don't have any good advice other than everytime I watch cops they are in Rialto so that has got to say something. No offense to anyone living there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties