Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 12:33 PM

2 posts, read 24,220 times

Advertisements

I have lived in Crestline for 23 years. I wouldn't live anywhere else in the San Bernardino mountain area. I even sell Real estate here. It is a great town. the fog can be a problem but sometimes we are below it, sometimes we are above it. You just have to be smart and safe. No crazy fast driving and don't ride others bumpers. We are so centrally located for getting off the hill, for enjoying the mountains it is a blessing to live here! Yes our population has grown and it takes longer to get from Point A to Point B but it is still a great place for house and home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2007, 10:50 PM

20 posts, read 130,333 times
im from the east coast,and i have a friend who lives in rancho cucamonga,but will eventually go to crestline. im considering going out there as well,ive never been there,but im well aware of the horrid reputation of san bernadino,and how ghetto the whole place is and being so close to such a violent city sounds very unnerving and dangerous. but ive seen the crestline website and it looked nice enough i suppose,and they have cheap apartments where you can get yer utilities payed too included in the rent. so0 im a bit torn. my friend says there is nothin to worry about because i would be living above the city but still,bernadino is rather notorious. any thought,its a long ways from where im at,and completely different from new englands way of things.

Old 06-25-2007, 09:31 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,301,760 times
Crestline is basically far enough from San Bernardino that you don't really have much to worry about. Sure there is some crime but isn't that true of anywhere now days? San Bernardino is pretty bad but that crowd pretty much stays in the valleys. And, as the earlier poster said...you are close enough but not to close to the city. I lived farther up on the mountain, Big Bear Lake, for the first 17 years of my life and still feel like that is my home. It has changed but it's still much safer and nicer then "down-the-hill" (San Bernardino/Los Angeles)!! Small town feeling!!

Old 07-01-2007, 08:21 PM

7 posts, read 46,410 times
Hello,

Thought I'd weigh in on all of this with my two cents. I agree that Lake Arrowhead is overall a nicer area as far as the homes, but it is also much more expensive. My fiance and I live in Crestline and found a house that we love that backs/sides to National Forest. We love it even though we have a couple of dumpy houses farther down the street etc. You take the good with the not-so-good I guess. If you like nature you will be able to find a spot on the mountain that suits you. We like to go into Arrowhead or on of the other communities slightly farther up for recreation/food as there aren't that many great restaurants in Crestline.

As for fog, where we are we get quite a lot of it in the fall/winter months. We are in Valley View Park, which is not quite as far back as the Cedar Pines Park Area. I've been told by other residents that closer into town and up in Mile High Park there is significantly less fog but we're right by the 18 so the roads will always have a problem when it rolls in. My advice is similar to those before me in that you just have to slow down, turn your lights on and try to ignore those who think they're immortal. It is much easier if you're behind someone else, and if your eyes start to cross on you taking a break is great advice.

Hope this all helps you! Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Old 08-11-2007, 12:49 AM

20 posts, read 130,333 times
so i guess the experience of living right near such a dangerous city has not soured the experience of living in crestline it seems for many folks. im hoping the same will be for me as ill likely have to commute down the mountain for most things

Old 10-22-2007, 04:29 PM

1 posts, read 19,361 times
I am thinking of moving to Crestline due to medical conditions. I have always been a city girl. For residents of Crestline, what's it like living there? Is it pretty safe?

Old 10-23-2007, 01:26 PM

777 posts, read 3,196,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by w0280767 View Post
I am thinking of moving to Crestline due to medical conditions. I have always been a city girl. For residents of Crestline, what's it like living there? Is it pretty safe?
Well, right now the area is pretty engulfed in flames from the fires raging all over So Cal Sadly, this is a problem due to lack of rain year after year.

Old 12-10-2007, 03:20 PM

892 posts, read 2,371,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctguitarguy View Post
so i guess the experience of living right near such a dangerous city has not soured the experience of living in crestline it seems for many folks. im hoping the same will be for me as ill likely have to commute down the mountain for most things
You don't need to shop in San Bernardino for anything. Drive the extra 15 minutes on the 30/210 fwy to Redlands. For Malls, drive to Rancho Cucamonga/Ontario via the 210 fwy which is 15 minutes from San Bernardino, about 35/40min (well, depends on how long it takes you to get down the hill) from Crestline. The new 210 fwy is Awesome!!

Old 12-15-2007, 03:16 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,387,108 times
Homes appreciate much more in Lake Arrowhead than anywhere else on the mountain. It's considered by far the nicest mountain town in which to reside. I'm not knocking Crestline, which I like, but stating the common wisdom. You can get a home in Arrowhead now for $300,000. If you're soliciting opinions, buy a home in Arrowhead for that money instead of moving to Crestline for slightly less. There are an awful lot of spotty homes in Crestline where people simply do not keep up their yards. You have some beautiful homes by the lake but many are nestled next to homes which sadly need a lot of upkeep. The homes in Arrowhead are much more uniform and well kept. Just a gentle piece of advice which you can accept or reject as you please.

Old 05-25-2008, 02:03 PM

5 posts, read 39,267 times
I used to live here and I loved everything about it...I actually miss it a lot. It was probably the best place I've lived in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties