Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 06:14 PM

111 posts, read 273,923 times

Advertisements

I live in Santa Cruz and although it is way nicer than elsinore, we have our fair share of problems!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2007, 08:03 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,483,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbundy View Post
Have family in Temecula and Murrieta and am sorry to say that Lake Elsinore has a very bad reputation. Gang activity/problems, drugs, crime - sort of major trailer trash community. I know some people who won't go there at all. Of course every place has problems, but if I was looking to move somewhere in that area I would not choose Lake Elsinore.
There is a place Called Glen Eden about 15 miles from Lake Elsinore You may want to look into..

Old 01-14-2007, 10:51 PM

193 posts, read 1,400,096 times
Isint Glen Eden a nudist colony? You're funny Junkman! Is that where you live? How's it hanging?

Old 01-17-2007, 07:12 PM

3 posts, read 25,160 times
I've lived in North Lake Elsinore for 2 years now and I love it. I moved from a very nice area in Corona and I think Elsinore is a much nicer place to raise a family. It's seems like everyone posting bad stuff on this board lives somewhere else and the ones posting good things live here.

I heard all the bad rep stuff before I bought here and I haven't seen any of it. No gangs, No Drugs. I think the meth rep. comes from "Lakeland Village" which is on the east side of the lake and is NOT part of lake elsinore.

Most people in my area are transplants from OC and are in their 30's with kids and good jobs who take their kids to soccer and softball games on the weekends. With all the growth here I really see it becoming a very nice small town. I just hope the city doesn't let what happened in Temecula, Murrieta, and Corona happen here. They are way over built and crowded.

All in all, if you want to be in a hip, fastpaced city then Lake Elsinore isn't for you. But, if you want a nice place to raise kids without a starbucks on every corner and a good real estate investment then this is your place.

Old 01-19-2007, 05:06 PM

17 posts, read 135,669 times
I am seriously considering moving to Lake Elsinore in the next six months.

We looked at some new Pulte Homes off Railroad Canyon and we liked what we saw.

All new neighborhoods and hopefully the State will pour some funding for newer and nicer schools, make this a good option to move to.

I considered Murrieta (friends live there) and Temecula (closer to Mt. Palomar) but the commute will be too much from for my family members.

The commute from Lake Elsinore is bad enough but it's around 60 miles to the OC/LA area vs 70 to 75 for Murrieta/Temecula.

Thanks for everyone's feedback on here.

I think Lake Elsinore's future is bright!

Old 02-10-2007, 12:02 AM

3 posts, read 23,882 times
You can't guess. You need to see it for yourself.

Old 02-10-2007, 12:04 AM

3 posts, read 23,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Bthere View Post
Isint Glen Eden a nudist colony? You're funny Junkman! Is that where you live? How's it hanging?
Hey CantWait2Bthere; I guess you've been there too.

Old 02-10-2007, 12:11 PM

4,610 posts, read 11,075,109 times
What about Canyon Lake. I know it is by Lake Elsinore but it is a gated City. I looked into it myself a while ago. It gets too hot for us in the summer but it looked nice. We never considered Lake Elsinore because of the bad rap it had but I never looked into it to confirm it.

Old 02-26-2007, 09:24 PM

3 posts, read 18,309 times
Yes it is. Speed Freaks out there!!!

Old 02-26-2007, 11:08 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,512,325 times
I have known people in Lake Elsinore for over 30 years. If anything it has only got worse. If you have any work in LA you will need to leave a few hours early. The 91 is crawling slowly on the west bound mornings, and just as slow on the east bound afternoons.

As far as the lake, I would stay out of it. People swim in it and water ski, these are the people with flipper children with three eyes. The water is nasty.

I thought about buying there, one drive on the 91 in the AM changed my mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties