U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 08:13 PM

50,066 posts, read 42,427,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Maybe it wasn't big enough. The one on our place in Lucerne keeps the interior spaces very comfortable, even at 110 and slightly higher. According to a rule of thumb chart I found here: Evaporative cooler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, a properly sized evap cooler should be expected to deliver 70 degree air on a 105 degree outside temp day when the RH is 15%.

I still prefer A/C. The swamp cooler adds too much moisture to the inside environment.
It was the top of the line and yes, large enough, they still are not efficent when the heat climbs to high. Yes, better than nothing and with ceiling fans and a couple of fans they will work, but I still think Central air is the answer..

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 03:30 PM

15,237 posts, read 25,509,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
wow like bagdad, yes its hot but its a dry heat. what do you do when the pool hits 115? slice in carrots & potatoes?
Jump in and take a nice hot bath!

Old 03-23-2009, 12:14 AM

3 posts, read 8,046 times
Default Stay on the RIVER

Just stay at the river as much as possible and Wal Mart has some lotion called no ad has spf 60 which is just about the strongest you can get. OMG the hospital is sooooo small! Have not heard any bad stories there yet... I am sure living there you have found all this out by now.. I just moved to lake havasu Aug 2008 as well... but we often come here to play so know the heat. In havasu ppl get up and do shopping prior to the heat of the day or they go later in eve after sun is down. Good Luck and just give it time. Come to havasu to play when you can.. you will love the river.

Old 03-24-2009, 02:01 AM

10 posts, read 35,388 times
Thanks everyone All in all, I'm really excited to be moving to Needles

Old 03-24-2009, 12:03 PM

635 posts, read 1,171,299 times
I have been to Needles once in my life 13 years ago, and this place is extremely hot. I just stopped there with my family traveling from California into Arizona. I remember it was June or July and the midnight temperature was 85 or 90. It's like 95 degrees by 7 o'clock. I would only suggest living here, if you are in love with heat, heat, and more heat. The Colorado River is right there, I don't know if there are outdoorsy things to do.

According to weather.com

July Average 83 to 109
August Average 82 to 107

Oh and October has a high of 89 degrees.

Old 05-20-2009, 05:48 AM

1 posts, read 2,008 times
dont ever move to needles it is the worst place in the country especialy if you have pets the animal control never leaves you alone i think that they want to kill every animal in the world and also it is like you actuallly died and went to HE** also the drugs in this town ae extemly bad and if you dont work for the railroad you get it even worse with the law the kids at the schools and eveything ealse. to move to needles would e the biggest misake of your life it is just like the eagles song hotel california you can never leave this he**hole

Old 05-27-2009, 10:45 AM

1 posts, read 1,975 times
I grew up in Needles from 1982-1990 and it isnt necessarily a bad place to live. It is a really small town without too much to offer except low crime. There is one grocery store..Bashas, a Rite Aid pharmacy, several fast food joints and a Denny's. It offers Amtrak for travel otherwise Bullhead/Laughlin airport or your best bet... Las Vegas McCarran airport... vegas being approx 110 miles away. It definately is very hot.. in 110's - 120's most of the summer, but you really do get used to it, although it may take a couple of summers. You definately have to have a/c units. Also a swamp cooler for the really dry days and lower electricity bills but if you can swing it, it is best to have central air, it can be added to an old home without it, probably pricey.... but worth it. There is not much to offer as far as activities to do. Mainly the river in summer.. beach, boating, jet skiing...etc. You have to travel to Bullhead City for walmart and other shopping. Traveling from Needles to Bullhead.... the entire area has grown immensly since I lived there.... (except for Needles). Bullhead has alot more to offer since the 80's but alot more traffic too. All in all, Needles is low crime and not a bad place to grow up... I felt pretty safe there. If you have kids it is best to involve them in sports as much as possible because there isnt much else to do except find ways to get into trouble. Needles school and recreation are passionate and competative about their sports. There are many families who have had 2, 3 and 4 generations all reside and stay living there.
Hope this helps....
c

Old 05-29-2009, 10:33 PM

107 posts, read 341,110 times
anyway to add a basement? that might help.

Old 05-30-2009, 03:58 AM

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula
1,510 posts, read 1,460,527 times
Default Swamp cooler!

Make sure where you rent has a swamp cooler. Air conditioners don't work as well as a swamp cooler. Its basically like a humdifier and an air conditioner unit all in one. Good luck!

Old 05-31-2009, 09:22 PM

2,403 posts, read 3,689,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post
Make sure where you rent has a swamp cooler. Air conditioners don't work as well as a swamp cooler. Its basically like a humdifier and an air conditioner unit all in one. Good luck!
thoink you have that backwards . Air cond ( REFRIG) is the only way to go .Swamp coolers only drop the temp an average of 20 deg. in temp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties