Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 10:34 PM

2 posts, read 15,847 times

Advertisements

Me and my famliy are planning on moving somewhere in the Inland Empire and are planning on Chino Hills because of low crime. We have already seen house prices there and we can afford it. BUT we have a daughter with serious asthma and we want to move somewhere in the Inland Empire with the lowest pollution levels in the Inland Empire, or if anyone knows somewhere with low pollution near in the Inland Empire.PLEASE HELP!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2007, 11:02 PM

1,082 posts, read 3,772,813 times
You can search here, but pollution is bad in most of inland so cali.
Moderator cut: linking to competitors sites is not allowed

Chino Hills air quality gets an 11 out of 100, 100 being best, national average is 48.
Inland Emprire is huge. (It includes:Riverside and San Bernardino Counties and the Pomona Valley). So, to help you need to be a bit more specific. San Bernardino County by itself is the largest county in the contiguous United States by area.
MBG

Last edited by Yac; 01-08-2008 at 07:49 AM..

Old 04-12-2007, 01:52 PM

2 posts, read 15,847 times
I meant the parts of the Inland Empire closer to L.A. Example: riverside,corona, hemet, ontario, rancho cucamonga. I dont want any places to far away or on or past those huge mountains Example of places too far away that I don't want: Vitcorville, Hesperia, Palm Springs.
Hope this is more specific

Old 04-12-2007, 05:48 PM

1,082 posts, read 3,772,813 times
SoCal, that helps! Riverside County generally has better air quality.
Victorville and Hemet are actually the same distance from LA about 90 miles each.
This might help: South Coast Air Quality Management District :
www.aqmd.gov

Air Trends:
http://www.epa.gov/airtrends/factbook.html

I hope that helps.
MBG

Old 04-23-2007, 06:49 PM

3 posts, read 19,739 times
Try looking into a place called San Dimas California. It is in the inland empire
a very quite and safe small town atmosphere. Very very very low crime. The town has a western feel. Lots of activities. Homes are few and far between. Not many people sell there. It is about a 10 minute drive to Chino Hills San Dimas has its own lake and water park as well as a small zoo within San Dimas Canyon Park. Well worth the search.

Old 04-23-2007, 07:06 PM

160 posts, read 862,771 times
I love Chino Hills. It's a small clean cute town. I'm surprised about the air quality you're saying, but it's possible, 'cause there are so many cattle farms east of Chino (which is neighbouring Chino Hills).
San Dimas is nice too. And there are a few other small towns like this: Walnut, Anaheim Hills, etc.
You know saline air from the Ocean is good for asthma, don't you?

Old 04-23-2007, 08:08 PM

160 posts, read 862,771 times
Why there's no special forum for the Inland Valley, like it is for the other big counties/areas? I'd like to find out some stuff regarding this area, but I don't know where to post. Thanks.

Old 04-23-2007, 08:27 PM

157 posts, read 826,871 times
Hi,

I went to high school in Chino Hills, and my step-mother still teaches there, so I'm happy to answer questions about that region if I can. I will say, however, that there is a lot of agriculture near that area still and that that can be tough for asthmatics. Your daughter's doctor can do a regional allergies test that will let you know what crops to stay away from (you probably already knew that, but I thought I'd through it out there just in case).

As for Rancho Cucamonga, they get pretty intense winds which blow up all of the allergens and make it really tough for asthmatics.

I second that the sea air makes it easier to breathe for asthmatics. I have asthma and the coast is great for me -- unless someone has cats LOL!

Good luck.

Old 04-24-2007, 12:33 AM

159 posts, read 808,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal123 View Post
Me and my famliy are planning on moving somewhere in the Inland Empire and are planning on Chino Hills because of low crime. We have already seen house prices there and we can afford it. BUT we have a daughter with serious asthma and we want to move somewhere in the Inland Empire with the lowest pollution levels in the Inland Empire, or if anyone knows somewhere with low pollution near in the Inland Empire.PLEASE HELP!!
Well, Temecula is in the inland empire... fresh clean air. 15 minutes from
the Ocean as a bird flies...more like an hour plus by car though. Temecula has fresh
air, low crime, affordable housing (much more affordable than Chino Hills) and is a beautiful place
to live. Drawback? Traffic.

Old 04-24-2007, 10:09 AM

105 posts, read 550,241 times
Default I'll second the Temecula area

I also agree with the Temecula area...it doesn't get nearly as smoggy as other places in the Inland Empire. Temecula, French Valley (Winchester), Murrieta....you'll be fine with any of those.

It really does amaze me when going from this area into Corona/Riverside what a difference it makes..you can actually see it!!!

Temecula gets a "sea" breeze through the Rainbow Valley which I've been told is why it doesn't get as smoggy as the other areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties