U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-18-2009, 04:36 PM

3 posts, read 10,028 times

Advertisements

My family and I are about to move in a few weeks. We purchased a home in Canyon Hills. I stumbled on this site doing research on Lake Elsinore so decided to register. I have gone through most of the threads on LE but most are outdated.
I wanted to know if anyone can help me out on more information on Lake Elsinore. Is it really dangerous like people say? I have heard about gangs but to tell you the truth, we have yet to see any of that. It took us 3 months to find our house. We were there every weekend and never saw any of that. Canyon Hills looks really nice and our neighborhood looks calm and quiet as it is on the other side of Hwy 15. Just to be safe I am planning in getting home security.
We will be commuting to Orange County M-F, so what is the best time to leave the house if I have to be there at 7am?
I am sure I have more questions on my mind. I just don't want to make a long post and get some questions unanswered.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2009, 12:18 AM

anyone?

Tomorrow I will be calling it home...

Old 04-28-2009, 12:20 PM

1,657 posts, read 2,169,535 times
Canyon Hills is a very nice area. I live about 5 mins away. As far as I know, very low crime, but a lot of foreclosures. Most of LE's crime is near the lake area. Good luck on the commute, it's a nightmare.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:02 PM

1 posts, read 3,176 times
My wife & I am currently contemplating buying a home in Canyon Hills. We will also be commuting to orange county. My wife over Ortega hwy and myself through the 91 fwy. Did you move into your home yet? How is the commute? I hear its nasty but it seems its worth the drive. Due to the fact of having a great new or newer home in a great neighborhood. Also for the price you just cant beat it.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:55 PM

35 posts, read 80,382 times
After living 4 years at Orange County(Huntington beach) and getting a 1200 sq ft condo for the price of a beautiful home, I decided to move to Lake Elsinore after looking almost 9 months. I live in Tuscany Hills(Before canyon Hills). So far no problem and it's a great place to live. Commute is bad but for me it's good as I work as consultant not with defined 8-5 hours.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:45 PM

19 posts, read 61,377 times
I've spent quite a lot of time investigating Tuscany Hills and Canyon Hills and was in fact just showing some tenants a home in Tuscany Hills about two weeks ago and I have to say that it is a beautiful area. The community center in Tuscany Hills is outstanding. An enormous pool and hottub overlook canyon lake and the surrounding hills. There is a park with a number of BBQ pits, tennis courts, a gym, and much more. Many of the homes have balconies off of the masters which also overlook canyon lake and are quite breathtaking. Yes, you are in Lake Elsinore, which is not exactly Newport Beach. But, these days you can get a 4-5 bedroom home that cost $550 in 2006 in the $220K range, which to me is just ridiculous. You can literally buy homes for significantly less than they cost to build in this area and in many areas of Riverside. Besides Corona (which has some added value due to its proximity to Orange County), I believe that Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, and Lake Elsinore to be the best bets for Riverside County. Lake Elsinore does not have the best school district so if you are raising children, you should look into trying to see if you can get them into a charter or another system (which is difficult but possible).

Old 07-20-2009, 09:50 PM

We absolutely love our weekends here. Yes the drive is a drag during the week but when you get home in the afternoon it is worth it. I have taken Ortega Hwy but I seem to be on the road longer. I take the 91 instead using Fastrak and arrive to work in the mornings in less than an hour ( going 80mph ). I don't mind the drive back home, I just put it on sports radio and time goes by quick. By the way a brand new Stater Bros opens it's doors to us this Wednesday...can't wait!

Old 03-30-2010, 03:19 PM

1 posts, read 2,665 times
Question Canyon/Tuscany Hills

Hi Jman78,

wanted to see how you like it out there? My family and I are looking in Canyon Hills and Tucany hills but are concerned about the non-english family's there. Any help would be MOST appreciated

Thanks,
Lori
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties