Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 03:23 PM

31 posts, read 138,339 times

Advertisements

I was just curious how Temecula compared to say Mission Viejo. My brother says that it is never hot in "Ladera Ranch" And the temps are a lot different in Temecula? Is that true?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2009, 11:06 PM

730 posts, read 1,917,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettsnow View Post
I was just curious how Temecula compared to say Mission Viejo. My brother says that it is never hot in "Ladera Ranch" And the temps are a lot different in Temecula? Is that true?
Milder in Mission Viejo. More fog, but overall the weather is better.

Old 06-14-2009, 11:21 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,446,365 times
Is your brother from Phoenix? Ladera Ranch gets plenty hot. Anything over the mountains is hotter still.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:06 PM

482 posts, read 901,980 times
July August September...just plain HOT! Many days are over 100. BUT it usually is breezy in the afternoon and cools down to a comfortable temp for sleeping at night. We had a great long spring...70's most of the time.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:09 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,142,825 times
I wouldn't say many days are over 100. That is considered a heat wave here.
Lately it feels hotter than it used to because with all the growth, the humidity has gone up.

95 degrees is not atypical for a summer day though. A/C is run everywhere, and at night it often drops like 30 degrees so you can sleep without A/C on.

This site gives a pretty accurate picture of our weather, and as you can see, it only averages in the low 90s for July & August.

Climate by Month - Temecula, California Weather Summary

Old 07-09-2009, 09:53 PM

19 posts, read 93,337 times
Temecula is desert and is very hot in the summer due to its geography. However, at least it is dry heat that is more tolerable than the humidity of say Houston. If you live up in the hills, the breeze, even in the summer, makes it much more bearable. Mission Viejo is in Orange County so is much more expensive and significantly cooler in the summer. It is more temperate like most of Orange County. Ladera Ranch is a little more inland from Mission Viejo so it might get a little hotter but not noticeably. You definitely pay a huge premium to be in the OC though! Just as a reference point, we live in Aliso Viejo and have only used the air conditioner 2 or 3 times this summer. We just open the windows after about 5:30PM and let the fans cool us down. It's currently around 8:30PM and 68 degrees out. We shut the windows around 9/10AM and the house never gets much above 79 degrees. On a bad day, it might hit 80. On most summer days, it sits at around 73-78, depending on the day. In the winter, we have lots of windows and get lots of sun and hardly ever run the heater. That's the great thing about most of the OC. *

Old 07-09-2009, 11:49 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,142,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanrbennett View Post
Temecula is desert and is very hot in the summer due to its geography.
Temecula is not a desert . It is a Mediterranean climate & semi-desert terrain. We have a well-known wine country here....so not a desert climate.
The weather is mild compared to much of the US and the world. I never use the heater in winter, and like I said, A/C is used mainly in the daytime in the hottest months.

The heat is not any worse than any other inland area of SoCal. If you don't live within 20 miles of the beach in this state, then summer is hot. Temecula is going to average about 10 degrees hotter in the summer than Mission Viejo, as the latter is closer to the ocean.

Old 07-14-2009, 02:16 AM

214 posts, read 1,084,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
Temecula is not a desert . It is a Mediterranean climate & semi-desert terrain. We have a well-known wine country here....so not a desert climate.
The weather is mild compared to much of the US and the world. I never use the heater in winter, and like I said, A/C is used mainly in the daytime in the hottest months.

The heat is not any worse than any other inland area of SoCal. If you don't live within 20 miles of the beach in this state, then summer is hot. Temecula is going to average about 10 degrees hotter in the summer than Mission Viejo, as the latter is closer to the ocean.
Thank you orangeapple!

So many folks from OC have this notion "oh Temecula, in the desert"

Frustrating trying to explain to folks it's the same exact valley/hills as San Juan/Mission Viejo/Ladera Ranch/RSM...just further from the ocean. (Well at the southern tip Temecula is only 17mi from the coast, so it's actually a bit closer to the coast than some parts of Orange County)

Old 09-03-2009, 12:08 PM

3 posts, read 14,589 times
Default Temecula Weater Vs Arizona

We're thinking of relocating to Temecula in a few months. All of the other factors we're looking at Temecula seems awesome: schools (we have a son with a Cochlear implant and the district there seems really good and willing to work with him); community (events, and seems like a great place to raise a family); affordable housing for CA & on the newer side...

One question remains: weather! We've moving from Tucson, Arizona where my wife absolutely hates the summer. Granted our summer is about 6 months, and we have multiple months consistantly over 100 degrees and our nightly lows go down to the mid to low 90's. Our a/c has been on since July 24 hours a day.

Now the thing that concerns me about Temecula is that June, July & September average highs are in the high 90's, which is close to Tucson weather. Granted you have lows in the 60's, so it appears it may get hot during the day, but you have a break at night (and I'd assume in the morning), plus there is a breeze.

Has anyone lived in Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, or Nevada and can compare the summer in Temecula? Does it get THAT hot. Is it like Arizona? I don't mind the summer being warm, but I don't like having to stay locked up in the house because it's just too damn hot outside in the Tucson summer (all 6 months of it).

Thanks!

Old 09-03-2009, 08:51 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,432,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timothystephens View Post
Has anyone lived in Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, or Nevada and can compare the summer in Temecula? Does it get THAT hot. Is it like Arizona? I don't mind the summer being warm, but I don't like having to stay locked up in the house because it's just too damn hot outside in the Tucson summer (all 6 months of it).

Thanks!
We're cooped up inside maybe 3 weeks of the year (right now, in fact) where it doesn't really cool down at night, instead of 6 months in AZ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties