Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 02:21 PM

10 posts, read 172,354 times

Advertisements

Just moved here about 3-4 months ago and have been working too much to really appreciate anything.

My 8 year old niece and 4 1/2 year old nephew are coming up for a couple weeks and I wanted to show them around.

I was thinking a drive to the beach is DEFINITELY in order, but I wasn't sure what would be the best way to do it on an extremely tight budget?

Was also thinking of a car trip up to Mt. Baldy, Big Bear, or to Lake Arrowhead.

Any recommendations for things to do on a very tight budget? I know there's lots to see in SoCal, but they're just going to be close to Rancho Cucamonga for this visit, so I wasn't sure what was local that would be fun to see for kids of that age?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2009, 12:17 AM

12,630 posts, read 14,757,130 times
Here's all I can think of off the top of my head for kids to do, including the places' websites:

Scandia in Ontario is small amusement park w/ rides, arcade games & miniature golfing:
Scandia Ontario Home

Gameworks at the Ontario Mills Mall has more unique type arcade games & things the kids can actually ride on plus a restaurant:
Welcome To Gameworks

A unique restaurant that kids will love is Rainforest Cafe. That's also at the Ontario Mills Mall:
Rainforest Cafe®

Planes of Fame Air Museum in Chino:
Planes of Fame Air Museum - Official Site

Brunswick Deer Creek Lanes bowling alley on Haven Ave:
Brunswick Zone Home (Center) - Brunswick Bowling

Catch a baseball game at the epicenter in RC:
Rancho Cucamonga Epicenter

Ice skate here:
Directions (http://www.centericearena.net/Directions.html - broken link)
OR
Figure Skating - Ontario, CA - Ontario Ice Skating Center

Roller skate here:
Home

Maybe there's a play/musical that intrests them at the Lewis Family Playhouse in RC at the Victoria Gardens Mall:
Lewis Family Playhouse

I don't know what dates the kids will be coming, but the Ringling Bros. & Barnum & Bailey Circus will be at the Citizen's Business Bank Arena in Ontario:
Citizens Business Bank Arena :: Citizens Business Bank Arena

You can see what's playing at this dinner theatre in Claremont:
Ben Bollinger's Candlight Pavilion Dinner Theater

If the kids like pizza, there's...

John's Incredible Pizza Co. is an all you can eat buffet w/ arcades, little coin-operasted rides, etc.:
John's Incredible Pizza Co.

OR if you prefer Chuck E. Cheese, there's one in RC on Foothill:
Chuck E. Cheese

Then, a little later are:

July 10 - Aug 9 is the fair in orange county about 40 min away:
2009 OC Super Fair (http://www.ocfair.com/2009/ - broken link)

In Sept, the fair starts in Pomona:
2009 L.A. County Fair - Sept 5 - Oct 4, 2009 - (http://www.lacountyfair.com/2009/ - broken link)

Otherwise, there's more stuff in Los Angeles, such as...

the La Brea Tar Pits:
Page Museum - La Brea Tar Pits

California Science Center:
California Science Center

The Childrens Museum is being renovated & isn't yet open to the public:
The Children's Museum of Los Angeles

Old 06-16-2009, 12:25 AM

Wow thanks!

I had actually passed by Scandia the other day on the 15 and wanted to remember to note that. You just reminded me

Old 06-16-2009, 10:17 AM

5,113 posts, read 19,681,943 times
Scandia for sure in that area. And a Quakes game at the Epicenter would be cheap and fun if the kids like that sort of thing.

Old 06-16-2009, 11:42 AM

12,630 posts, read 14,757,130 times
You're welcome! What places do you think you'll take them to?

Old 06-16-2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
You're welcome! What places do you think you'll take them to?
Well, checked Scandia and for the 3 of us, that's gonna run almost $100. Budget is super tight, so probably some of the local parks around the Terra Vista area.

There's also a petting zoo that's getting GREAT reviews just outside of the beach area called Zoo Mars that seems like fun.

I'd love to take them to the Palm Desert tram that goes to the top of the mountains, but again, budget restrictions are gonna force me to put that one aside

But I'm sure there's going to be some fun at the beach and at one of the mountains.

I'm going to go to Target/Walmart and look for a cheap pair of decent binoculars so we can go to Newport Beach and see if we can see whales from the shore. They offer rides out to see them, but again, too much cash at the moment.

Old 06-16-2009, 06:30 PM

107 posts, read 577,845 times
Bonelli park? :: Bonelli Park Equestrian Center: BonelliParkHorses.com ::

Old 06-17-2009, 03:10 PM

105 posts, read 372,841 times
Fontana park is cool. they have pools with water slides, and a spray park. They have a play area and a skate park. their are also basketball courts and tennis courts. You could pack a picnic and make a day of it! Opened from dawn to dusk. It's free

Old 05-23-2012, 01:36 PM

1 posts, read 33,466 times
Guasti Park on Archibald and I-10 is fairly inexpensive. There is a gradual walk-in pool, a water play area and a water slide for bigger kids (48" and taller"). Cost is $7.00/adult, $5.00/kids 3-11. Parking is $2.00/vehicle. For an additional cost of $6.00/half hour you can go on the lake in a paddle boat. Bring lots of sunscreen. They have a snack bar but it is cheaper to bring a picnic lunch. Park opens Memorial Day weekend.

Old 07-16-2013, 01:56 PM

1 posts, read 25,645 times
For more fun things to do with your family, check out Fiesta Village Family Fun Park! Now on Wednesdays from 6-10 pm, join us for UNLIMITED FUN on Family Night!

Last edited by Fiesta Village; 07-16-2013 at 01:57 PM.. Reason: link didn't work
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties