U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 11:00 AM

1 posts, read 9,168 times
My kids are virtual prisoners of our house because the kids out here want them to join their gangs. A group of kids came to our door on Christmas Eve to try to fight our 12 year old son because he would not hang out with them. I am a hands on parent and I have never allowed any of my kids to hang out. These kids now days don't respect adults or authorities. I live in one of the better areas of Moreno Valley. As a matter of fact I own two houses in Moreno Valley - both I am selling. I love the houses but my children's safety and my peace of mine are much more valuable. I am trying to find an area to move into. I would like to find some place cooler than Moreno Valley like maybe close to the ocean but it is so expensive and you don't get the square footage. We are a family of 5 and will be growing to 6 (maybe 7) in about 7 months.

I don't recommend Moreno Valley but if you have to move to Moreno Valley then stay in North Moreno Valley around Perris/Manzanita or the Steeplechase area or Moreno Beach/Ironwood.
Does anyone know of any areas other than Temecula or Murrieta that are alittle cooler and are a bit more family friendly. If so can you email them to Popsgl@aol.com. Thank you very much for your assistance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2007, 09:19 PM

17 posts, read 54,909 times
Default could not resist!!

Hello, I too unfortunelty live in Moval and have for too long. The smog is ever uninviting, the traffic, well don't bother driving anywhere, and the people.... There are nice people everywhere but I agree with the prior post that you can't let your kids out if you care. Another very unfortunet part of Moval, parents don't seem to care about what their kids are doing.

We are moving out of state in a couple of months and can't wait to breath again, let the kids be kids and enjoy neighbors. Don't move to Moval if you have the choice (which most do), the whole Inland Empire is going down FAST. Too many people have moved in. If you want to move to Cali don't choose the IE.

Old 07-31-2007, 09:34 PM

3,031 posts, read 2,925,483 times
Hello, I would have to agree with the post concerning the entire Inland Empire going down. Many people are telling you to stay away from Moreno Valley, but Menifee, Murrieta, and Temecula areas are quickly turning into a Moreno Valley because their populations are catching up with Moreno Valley's 150,000+ residents. In 10 years, it won't matter if you live in Temecula, Murrieta, or Menifee (the three areas for now in the Inland Empire that have very good schools and low crime, and if I am going to keep it real, still predominately white) when they too will have gangs, bad schools, and people afraid to go outside.

California period is turning into a pig's pen, and people think that the solution is to move further out and away from trash moving in.....hummmmmm? Where are you all going to run to next? Death Valley?

Moreno valley gets a bad rap because of the gangs from Compton out there. But gangs are popping up all over the inland empire, and unfortunately I moved to Menifee from Moreno Valley, thinking that the area was nicer, and we have had more problems in this new development than I had in Moreno Valley. Kids everywhere are disrespectful and the public high schools in just about every city are not really good. Districts like Temecula, Murrieta, and Menifee are good at not reporting the number of lock downs they have and racial fights on their campuses.......hummmmmm..so that the people who send th eir children there can feel a sense of security and that their teen's school is safe. Paloma Valley high school in Menifee is still part of the Perris Union School district is getting worse each year. My wife and I put my son on independent study because we got sick and tired of the racial fights up there, and the principal calling to inform us that they are having another lock down on campus for the 4th time in that month.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:11 PM

1 posts, read 8,635 times
hi, i came out here to movall 11 years ago. and since then its gotten worse. the houses r cheap but you can imagine what kind of people buy them. the traffic to get out of town is a nightmare, and thier is no relief in site. i gruw up in los angeles to get away from the crap and its all comming over here i think i will take my fam back were i feel safe.

Old 02-27-2009, 03:58 AM

21 posts, read 61,820 times
I agree, lots of strip malls and shopping centers. However, its alright to live there, lots of downsides. The traffic has improved over the years, its still a town full of low income families moving out of the heart of gang land, LA gangs to be precise. The hometown feel is gone, jobs are not invited. Recently, the city has turned down major companies from doing business, so I imagine it getting worse. The best place in moval is near the small lakes on the hills. I don't live there but I been there so many times to my cousins. The Moval mall has a lot of things but you still feel like your far away from the real life in Socal and stuck in the middle of a town full of MORENOS. Get it, dark valley, they changed the name from Sunnymead due to the change of policy runned in town. No offense, I'm dark myself, just the plan truth.

Old 02-27-2009, 04:50 AM

3,536 posts, read 3,423,294 times
The name Moreno refers to the town's original developer Frank Brown and the Bear Valley land company. Yeah, the city has gone from 60/70% white non hispanic since 1990 to about 30ish or so...but crime has decreased from the same time period. I'm actually glad that they turned down the warehouse proposal. It should have been in an already existing industrial zone.

It's average income is higher than neighboring Riverside (62k vs 60k). It's about average for the Inland Empire and the state of California as a whole. On most accounts the city is very average for the Inland Empire. Most of the city is middle class in character with tract homes built in the 1980s early 1990s. That's the majority of town.

It does have a bad part, in central Moreno and also Edgemont. But there are many nice areas (Sunnymead Ranch, Steeplechase Hills, Coleman Estates, Hidden Springs, Shadow Mountain, Box Springs, Renaissance Park, Stone Ridge Ranch, Moreno Valley Ranch, Reche Canyon, Pigeon Pass).

Moreno Valley, in a way, is more representative of SoCal than many other towns. It reflects the changing demographics, an upwardly mobile Latino population, and unfortunately is at the leading edge of the current credit crisis and housing bust.

Old 02-27-2009, 09:23 AM

214 posts, read 633,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
The name Moreno refers to the town's original developer Frank Brown and the Bear Valley land company. Yeah, the city has gone from 60/70% white non hispanic since 1990 to about 30ish or so...but crime has decreased from the same time period. I'm actually glad that they turned down the warehouse proposal. It should have been in an already existing industrial zone.

It's average income is higher than neighboring Riverside (62k vs 60k). It's about average for the Inland Empire and the state of California as a whole. On most accounts the city is very average for the Inland Empire. Most of the city is middle class in character with tract homes built in the 1980s early 1990s. That's the majority of town.

It does have a bad part, in central Moreno and also Edgemont. But there are many nice areas (Sunnymead Ranch, Steeplechase Hills, Coleman Estates, Hidden Springs, Shadow Mountain, Box Springs, Renaissance Park, Stone Ridge Ranch, Moreno Valley Ranch, Reche Canyon, Pigeon Pass).

Moreno Valley, in a way, is more representative of SoCal than many other towns. It reflects the changing demographics, an upwardly mobile Latino population, and unfortunately is at the leading edge of the current credit crisis and housing bust.
Nice informative, fact-based post.

Old 04-02-2009, 12:29 AM

3 posts, read 16,168 times
You may want to sign up for "google earth" so that you can get an actual zoomed in view of what it looks like via satellite. I worked at Tri-City Medical Center in VISTA/Oceanside and loved the people and the malls! Beautiful beach is near by, and so is camp pendleton (Marine Base), and Carlsbad etc. There's a wonderful Coaster Beach Train which travels back and forth from Oceanside to San Diego and reverse. It was beautiful, safe and fun in 1998-2000 when I was there.

Regarding Escondido, this was one of the nice neighborhoods from when I grew up in San Diego...but again use google earth to look at it., then go to the police dept website (google that too), and look for crime statistics. But don't dwell on it, just be enlightened by it. Keeping in mind that our own mental state creates our environment as well.

It is very populated now, but the Southern Californians are fun!

Old 05-06-2009, 12:49 AM

3 posts, read 11,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Some parts of MoVal are not too bad, but it's something you're gonna want to come out here and check out for yourself.
I am planning to drive out to Moreno Valley and southeast Riverside on Saturday. Which are the best areas for me to check for apartments? Clue me in about which parts of the city have crime problems so I can avoid them.

Old 04-21-2010, 05:31 AM

13 posts, read 35,592 times
For more activities in Moreno Valley, e-mail
Neighborhood News MDCLEAVELAND@hotmail.com

We are getting parents together with licensed daycare for each track to have a safe house for our kids to go to, you might be interested in. Also, carpooling to and from school.

Join a free club, meet your neighbors. Man day club is planning a fishing trip soon and the woman are having Diva's parties.

Also, join Neighborhood Watch and get involved
or come to a meeting, Last Wed of the month, 6-8pm meeting starts at 7pm Open Floor Style at
Round Table Pizza
27140 Eucalyptus Ave Ste A, Moreno Valley, CA 92555
(951) 242-4980 Website
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties