Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 05:38 PM

39 posts, read 214,661 times

Advertisements

Hi

We discovered Alberhill ranch last weekend. Does anyone live here or know about it? Is it a good area? How are the schools? How does it compare to areas around it? Thanks for your input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 11:02 PM

30 posts, read 183,787 times
I live down the road in Rosetta Canyon. Alberhill Ranch seems like a very nice planned community. Nice houses, community parks/pools, good schools. I have recommended it to a friend who is looking. The only reason why I bought in Rosetta Canyon over Alberhill is you get more house for your buck there. However, there is no community pools or parks.

Old 06-29-2009, 11:43 PM

Do you know anything about the surrounding area? The prices are super low over there...maybe too low if you know what I mean. Do you think that investors are buying and they will all be rentals soon? We visited last weekend and Alberhill seemed really desolate - maybe it was because it was so hot.

Old 06-30-2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCteach View Post
Do you know anything about the surrounding area? The prices are super low over there...maybe too low if you know what I mean. Do you think that investors are buying and they will all be rentals soon? We visited last weekend and Alberhill seemed really desolate - maybe it was because it was so hot.
The immediate surrounding area is pretty desolate and undeveloped. However, the Outlet Mall is just down the road south of Alberhill by one exit. Then if you go further down one exit to Central Ave, there is a bunch of relatively new commercial development (Target, Home Depot, Lowes, Costco, Staples, Big 5, etc.). Rosetta Canyon is off this exit.

One other area that you should consider is Canyon Hills off of the Railroad Canyon exit.

Welcome to Canyon Hills

Regarding the buyers at these neighborhoods, I don't think they are being bought by investors and being rented out or flipped. My observation is they are being bought by middle class families who were priced out before.

Old 09-11-2009, 07:35 AM

1 posts, read 10,213 times
Thumbs down Alberhill Ranch is a BAD Place to LIVE

1. HOA (homeowners association board members) Board members are the Builders - Castle-Cooke, so we homeowners have no say in what goes on.

2. Keystone Pacific (the property management company) works for the Board which is the Builder Castle Cook, and homeowners seem to have no control have what goes on in the community.

3. The monthly dues are $179.00 per month and always getting higher and higher. You get a swimming pool (no spa) for that $179.00 per month, and you get to be bothered by the property management company. The swimming pool is always crowded and many of the people don't live in the community...

4. Good nites sleep is impossible for many in this community. There is an aggregrate company nearby and it seems they crush lots of rocks during the night and you hear lots of trucks moving about. IT'S NOISEY - I think they work 24 hours a day........... During the day it seems quiet, you have to come during the late night after midnight to get the full impact.

5. Many break-ins when people are away from their homes, homewoners have asked the property management company Keystone Pacific to put this information on the community website but they won't... Refer to No. 2 above....

Old 09-24-2009, 11:31 PM

It seems like we made the right decision .... we chose Sycamore Creek. Love it and a great price even if it was more than Alberhill. We have a great clubhouse, pool, and fun events for $71 a month. Love my house.

Old 10-31-2009, 12:28 PM

56 posts, read 272,667 times
Where did you buy in Sycramore Creedk? I believe and know you made the right decision. There is a beautiful development build by Richmond American homes at the top of Sycramore Creek, it's a gated private community and in total will have I believe 75 homes. They originally sold for 750K + now the builders are making smaller homes in the 300K range, best purhcase for your money in the inland empire. I am so sorry I moved to Lake Elsinore's Alberhill Ranch area 5 months ago for the following reasons: County Taxes approx $3,333.00, special Lake Elsinore Alberhill Tax approx $5,799.00 = Yearly taxes approximtely $10,000.00. The special Alberhill Ranch tax is approved to icnreaswe 2% yearly. By the way my home price $300,000.00 approximately, add in the Monthly HOA fee of $179.00 per month, I wish I had moved to Sycramore Creek. When I looked for homes I did put a bid on a house in Sycramore Creek but lost out to someone else, I am moving soon, once I sell my house.

GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY YOUR FAMILY AND LIFE IN YOUR NEW HOME. CONGRATULATIONS.....

Old 11-03-2009, 02:26 PM

Wow. Thanks to Rosalie and Alberhill for their comments. I had no idea about the problems at Alberhill with crime and noise. Obviously, I didn't spend enough time there to form a proper opinion.

Looks like I dodged a bullet by buying at Rosetta Canyon instead. No crime problem that I'm aware of and it's pretty quiet.

Old 11-03-2009, 04:08 PM

Cindy you have no idea how lucky a girl you are, and f.y.i. I wouldn't let anyone I love go to the Alberhill Ranch Boys and Girls Club.

Last edited by Alberhill Ranch Resident; 11-03-2009 at 04:10 PM.. Reason: Shortened

Old 11-03-2009, 07:39 PM

I hope your area does not have a lot of arsenic in the air and ground?????????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties