Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 02:21 AM

4,538 posts, read 10,612,349 times

Advertisements

Rent for a while longer and save in the meantime. There is an artificial restriction of supply at the moment due to:

1.) Current moratorium on forclosures.

2.) Moratorium on foreclosures from Dec 08- Feb 09.

3.) Banks were having difficulty processing forclosures in between and continue to have issues moving short sales through.

What this means is that there are LOTS of homes out there, but MANY are not for sale yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2009, 09:54 AM

5 posts, read 16,655 times
Default I feel your pain have the answer

You must put your offer in through the listing agent not through the agent you have been using. I was having the exact same problem because there is so much competition. If you use the listing agent on the property you have a much better chance as they know the status of all offers and can help you more. I was offering all cash and putting in above the listing price and still loosing out until I tried this tactic. I did this after noticing a house in the area I wanted sold without ever being listed. It was huge and the price was very, very low. Turns out the out of state bank did not require a MLS listing and the agent sold it to someone she was representing. Good luck!

Old 07-06-2009, 04:55 PM

11 posts, read 48,237 times
Thank you for all the advice, sorry I had not responded, I had been away from the boards for a few days. We need a 3-2 home, 1600 sq, with a garage and a yard. Schools are important, low crime and gang activity as well as a commute no longer than one hour and a half one-way (commuting from Orange, CA but will soon commute from Paramount) We have narrowed our search to Corona, Lake Elsinore, Murrieta and Temecula. In the past we had used several Buyer and/or Seller Agents, but our rights were not being protected. We lost our Earnest Deposit after we cancelled Escrow because the inspection revealed the A/C unit was not working, the Bank refused to re-negotiate the contract and because both the Lisiting Agent and our then Agent did not advise us that we only had 3 days to have the inspection done, we lost our money, appraisal fee and inspection fee. It set-us back a few thousand dollars. No hurt feelings for investros, if we had the Capital they have we too would be buying our 1st home cash and if money permitted an investment property also. I hope that home owners take advantage of the Moratoriums to save their homes, inventory is tight right now for us buyers, but I know that God has a home for us, it may not be our "dream" home but as long as we have health and jobs sooner or later we can upgrade. Until then we'll keep putting offers, saving money and keeping our fingers crossed!

Old 07-10-2009, 08:58 PM

39 posts, read 214,210 times
You need an agent that specializes in REO's and short sales. I have an agent in Corona that is helping us get into a short sale. I befriended you - so if you want to get the name and number then you can respond to my friend request and I will give it to you.

Look forward to hearing from you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties