Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 12:26 AM

3 posts, read 21,418 times

Advertisements

YAY I found out some great info on this subject and can answer lots of questions.
Unemployment and School. The perfect solution?
and
http://www.edd.ca.gov/pdf_pub_ctr/de8714u.pdf
good luck people!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2010, 09:08 PM

7 posts, read 16,803 times
First let me say "yes" as I am doing it. Then let me say "no", don't try.

I told UE I wanted to take a single online class that would finished out my A.S. I could do it on weekends, online, and it would not be a problem with any work. They denied me. I took it all the way to phone interview with a judge. The judge ruled in my favor and found some rules in the UE code that said in fact, you could take classes as long as they don't interfere with the job search or any potential job.

Needless to say, I checked "no" to classes on the box. I have taken other classes since, including in person (I am retraining myself for a different field), and UE has not noticed. But they have not sent me a check in 4 months as they denied me for a different issue and I am waiting on an appeal.

Old 03-10-2010, 01:55 AM

1 posts, read 1,569 times
I am so with you, I have been unemployed since March of last year and have been struggling so hard and if you are takin from my house hold i hope you do get caught.

Old 01-06-2011, 09:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplorer View Post
With the job market the way it is, what is so wrong with wanting to go back to school while on unemployment? I see no problem with that at all, actually, it's a PERFECT time to go back to school. YOU pay into unemployment so might as well take advantage of what you paid into.
I agree with you. I am 50 and have worked since I was 16 (with the exception of 8 months I took off to have a baby.) I have contributed PLENTY to unemployment. I think as long as you can still look for work and accept it if offered, you should be able to attend school while collecting.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:27 PM

2,131 posts, read 4,912,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastbayrunr View Post
I was under the impression that unemployment is really not supposed to be given to students; there is a different kind of aid available for those in school: Student Loans. Right??
Lots of people work AND go to school full time. It's hard, but sometimes there aren't any other options.

Are working students required to quit school if they're laid off?

Old 07-01-2015, 01:58 PM

1 posts, read 561 times
Alight guys stop calling this guy selfish. How about America is selfish in making people go into heavy amounts of debt to get an education. Right now I am getting my Masters in Marriage and Family Therapy and I cannot work while I get this because I have to work for free to get experience. I owe more than 100,000 at the moment and still have two more quarters to go. There is nothing set up to help Health Care Professionals with their student loans. Not everyone can pay for school unlike one of you lucky bastards who can afford school, but I also bet you didn't pay for grad school in addition to other education. I am screwed for the rest of my life because I want to be a therapist and help people. There should be programs to help those who give back to the community.
Idk what this guy is going back to school for but since its Grad school I am pretty sure its something that will be useful to society. So everyone shut up, thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties