Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 02:36 AM

3 posts, read 22,085 times

Advertisements

is there any place that will deworm my puppy for free? i lost my job and am unable to buy dewormer. she has them bad and i know that if untreated, she could get very sick or die.
please, this is not a joke. serious and sincere responses please.
thank you
God bless you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 02:46 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,931,898 times
Where do you live?

Old 08-25-2009, 02:59 AM

3 posts, read 22,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Where do you live?
montclair

Old 08-25-2009, 04:49 AM

250 posts, read 412,910 times
I'd say your best bet would be to give up the puppy for adoption to a home that can care for it

Old 08-25-2009, 07:44 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
I am sorry for your poor little puppy, but pups do cost money, you are looking at de-worming, what about all the shots, spaying, quality dog food, etc? Or are you expecting someone to pay for the vet care, like medical for dogs? I am sorry if this sounds cold, but please make sure you can afford a pet before you take on the responsibility. Too many people do not realize how much our little friends can cost. If you can afford inter-net service, I would think you could afford de-worming meds.

Nita ps; ok now, all of you blast me!!!

Old 08-25-2009, 08:26 AM

29 posts, read 87,070 times
Well spoken Nita.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:52 AM

342 posts, read 1,427,518 times
I agree with Nita ~ however, it is the puppy who needs help and as soon as possible. I personally don't live out there but you might try putting your post on craigslist in the pet section. Where I live, many people will come to try to help. One lady advertised that she had no money for cat food - my daughter asked what kind she fed her cats and went and bought the food and took it to her (just to make sure she wasn't looking for money to buy drugs or booze). They were very thankful for the help.

I don't know if a vets office might know of a way to help - or a dog rescue. But you may get some good suggestions. Maybe a breeder would be able to get you worming pills or medicine for really cheap. I hope that someone can help you to take care of that little puppy very soon.

Old 08-25-2009, 12:06 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,493,695 times
No reason to be caustic, times are tough people. At least the OP is concerned enough to take action albeit too late, but it is salvageable.

Call your nearest Humane Society and explain to them your circumstances. They may ask you to give the dog up for foster care or adoption, but the best thing is to cure the ailing dog....right?

Here is the one in Pomona:
Inland Valley Humane Society and S.P.C.A. - Inland Valley Humane Society & S.P.C.A.

Old 08-25-2009, 03:45 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
No reason to be caustic, times are tough people. At least the OP is concerned enough to take action albeit too late, but it is salvageable.

Call your nearest Humane Society and explain to them your circumstances. They may ask you to give the dog up for foster care or adoption, but the best thing is to cure the ailing dog....right?

Here is the one in Pomona:
Inland Valley Humane Society and S.P.C.A. - Inland Valley Humane Society & S.P.C.A.
Isn't that what most of us are saying? If you can't take care of your little friends you shouldn't have them. Putting them up for adoption is the only answer and then to remember, dogs and cats cost money.

Nita

Old 08-25-2009, 03:51 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,493,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Isn't that what most of us are saying? If you can't take care of your little friends you shouldn't have them. Putting them up for adoption is the only answer and then to remember, dogs and cats cost money.

Nita
The point where we differ Nita is that I don't think you can blame a pet owner for losing their job and no longer being able to take care of it. The OP sounds like they had a job when they originally took in the pet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita
If you can afford inter-net service, I would think you could afford de-worming meds
How do you know they are not posting from a library? Or a friends house? Anyways I thought your response was unnecessarily harsh for knowing that people are losing their jobs all over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties