Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 07:20 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,397,854 times

Advertisements

CantWait2Bthere...thanks, I wasn't hurt ! But it freaked me out ! No, it was not Traders, but it was Winco, which is very close to Traders. Needless to say, I m not shopping there any more. I usaually go to Traders but decided to check out a different store, guess I picked the wrong one, huh ! I read in the paper, that Starbuck's in Murrieta was robbed and Chik-fil-a ( what is this world coming to ???) and another Starbucks location but can't remember where.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2007, 08:44 PM

193 posts, read 1,402,943 times
Oh TDKmom...unfortuantly it does not surprise me that it was Winco. I do like that store but it seems whenever I go there I find some pretty shady people there. I once shopped there at night and didn't feel so safe when I was in the parking lot;there were some gangster looking big guys staring at me. And I am not the type to get scared easy but I guess it's not the place for a female to go shopping alone there at night.

I saw in the paper about the guy who robbed the Chik- fi-a. Can you imagine? I mean, they have a decent grilled sandwich but the food there isin't THAT good!

Old 05-24-2007, 10:40 PM

44 posts, read 143,745 times
Moved to Temecula from Florida about 2 years ago husband is in the Navy. Temecula is a great town as long as you don't go north. We live in Paseo Del Sol and bought our 1800sf house for 460000. We are packed in like sardines no yard I was just out in the back yard and could hear my neighbors fighting again. The schools are great here. But the job market is not great here you will have to commute so i hope you like to sit in traffic for hours. Some days it takes me over 30 min to get to the freeway from my house which is not even five miles away. i don't see the market dropping here at all, people are still asking too much even though houses aren't selling fast. This last winter was terribly cold we had ice all over(you don't think of So Cal that way) and it is still crappy weather it seems like spring never came, we have fog all morning and the air is not that clean alot of dirt in the air, i have had a sinus infection forever and my kids have this cough. And it is very windy. This whole place is just getting to crowded and expensive. It is getting polluted with graffity not in Temecula yet only a couple of tags here and there but if you go past Murrietta it all over the place. i don't think Ca is a great place to raise a family and we are looking to get out, funny thing is we were looking at moving to GA, HAHAHA want to trade houses? I don't mean to ***** but i wish i would have know this before we moved here and spent all of this money for a house, i just want more for my money like everyone else does. ope this helps a little any other questions I will be happy to answer.

Old 08-16-2007, 07:54 AM

1 posts, read 2,683 times
Default want to move to temecula..

We are considering moving to Temecula from the suburbs of Chicago, IL. We would like to find a community with a great school district, affordable housing and the like. We are getting tired of the weather and influx of illegals coming over the border to reside/work in Chicago. CA would not seem the answer, but we have family and are looking to be with them again. Also, home ownership in CA seems impossible...are most on 40, 50 year & interest only loans to afford it? Please advise!!

Old 08-16-2007, 11:33 AM

31 posts, read 225,689 times
We moved from Temecula to Iowa. God I can't belive you are wanting to move to Temecula. Have you been there before? I would be SO GLAD to email you pictures of the commute and traffic in Temecula. My dad is a civil engineer for the city doing traffic roadway work and he wants out so bad. It's horrible there. There are 250 thousand people living in a space that was designed to hold maybe 100 thousand. I am not kidding. Bottom line: Home Builder Profit. Money Money Money.

If you don't mind mass road rage and San Diego priced homes then go for it (all though home prices are dropping maybe it's a smart move). The freeways are a mess there. I lived in Temecula for 15 years and about the time they put a mall in it all went to hell.

Do you know that only in a matter of only a few months in Temecula I was:

1) Almost hit four times on foot when crossing an intersection by the same type of woman in huge SUV and they all knew they where wrong but gave me dirty looks?

2) Had three near head on collisions because another driver didn't have enough patience to stop for a red light.

3) Was ran into on-coming traffic from two guys racing their Hondas on a side road in Temecula.

4) Witnessed multiple 'pull-over and fight' scenes on the side of the road.

5) Wife and 1 month old were hit by racer punks in SUVs on the 15 and it caused her Land Rover SUV to flip a few times.

6) Close friends died on the freeways near by because everyone one the freeways out there drive very fast and very close to each other everyone is inconsiderate and no one let's you get ahead; it's a rat race and NO ONE can deny this if they've commuted on the 15 freeway before.

That all happened in So Cal and in the 14 years that I have lived away from So Cal, I have NEVER seen anything like it. Read the news on the latest traffic congestion polls that news corporations put out. So Cal is #1. And traffic and gridlock tend to get the best of everyone.

I also got discussed at everyone's response because I chose to drive an old beat up truck, my wife decided to stay at home, and we had 5 kids instead of the other way around: Have 1 kid, both parents work, and own brand new luxury vehicles with 24s living in a condo in San Diego.

I visited some family in Denver and I noticed something in Colorado. I didn't experience one road rage driver or inconsiderate driver no not one time in three weeks. Amazing. Then, and I kid you not, five minutes into the California boarder I had three near accidents NOT my fault. Idiots on cells phones in big trucks and racer cars with too much pride than they know what do to with.

I just had the opportunity to visit Iowa for a day and got a great job offer. One thing I liked was not being run off the road for once. Everyone there goes the speed limit. That is pretty amazing. Just about every driver out in Southern California blows the limit by at least 15 or 20 MPH.

But in Iowa, in some places, you'll get a ticket for going 5 MPH over. HAHA! LOL! That's friken great. It's great because when your 1 month old and wife get hit by some racer SUV going 90 MPH on the freeway it's a great thing to see people not breaking the law.

Let me say after the move to Iowa, WOW what a friken change. It's nice to be in a place where adults and parents worry more about their child's education and home life than BMW or Caddy's new 24" wheels being balanced right. I still can't get over it.

I just love driving right at the speed limit not worrying about the flow of traffic at 90+. Maybe that's why we drive so much slower out here, because we're not worried and stressed about the pressures that So Cal puts on single income families?

I must have had 5 or 6 neighbors offer to help me move in during the week that I was getting into my new home. In So Cal, the only time I had a neighbor get into my garage to move things was the time they moved my DVD player from my SUV and my entire drum set into their car at like 3 in the morning. And they where so kind in that they didn't even wake me to tell me. They just took it all. You like that?

It was scary in So Cal to drive down the freeways not seeing Cops for months at a time. There were idiots getting killed and almost killing innocent people, like my wife and 1 month old for example, driving on the So Cal freeways.

So I know what you're thinking. The job offer I got in Iowa is probably pays less and the homes are not as nice right? WRONG! The homes in Iowa, well let me just say this, California homes are built for one thing and one thing alone: BUILDER PROFIT. I know cause my dad is a land subdivider. How many stucco huts can we put in a square acre in So Cal? Profit.

Maybe it's not like that in Marion IA because we are about 48% cheaper cost of living than So Cal, so that's maybe why all the builders are not trying to make millions off young families with kids just trying to stay afloat in the ridiculous economy and job market So Cal had to offer.

I thought maybe I was going to get a pay cut when moving to Iowa. Nope. Pay raise. Common myth about So Cal is you make more. Well, maybe for some professions if you are into the rat race commute thing and you don't care about ever seeing your kids during the week, or the light of day.

Anyways, Iowa is great to me. It is. The people. The drivers. The population. The presence of Police Officers. The homes. The land. The parks. The sparse traffic.

So, for anyone that likes So Cal, I hope you enjoy it just as much as my family and I did which, in short, was as much in worth as the dirt that fell from my shoes as I picked up and left that rat race.

Old 09-02-2007, 11:30 PM

1 posts, read 2,643 times
Thumbs up Temecula

I own my home in San Bernardino (Del Rosa area) and it has gotten so bad...I wouldn't mind so much but I am raising my grand children and it is now time to sell and move. I am afraid for them growing up here. I stumbled across Temecula and found the home prices reasonable so I drove there to day and I am putting my house on the market...this is a nice place for us! I didn't see pan handlers when I purchased gas, I didn't see graffiti or evidence of it. I just saw a clean town and would move today if I sold today. This will be where my family will be relocating to...and don't worry...we are not the typical coming from San Bernardino...We are Hard working and with values and morals.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:00 PM

44 posts, read 115,483 times
Default Diverse Church - Temecula?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Bthere View Post
Valenciacf...I don't think you will find a problem with any of the towns you listed as far as race goes. Though the area as a whole could use a little more diversity and culture.

There is a nice predominatly black church in Temecula that has a few mixed couples. I know the pastor has been trying to get the congregation more diverse too. But if you are looking for "progessive" as in more liberal I'm not sure Murrieta/Temecula would fit that politically. I once heard that this area is the bible belt of Southern California.
Hello
you mentioned a "predominately black church in Temecula". Do you mind telling me what church that is?? I am interested in finding it. My husband and I are looking into international adoption and would like to find a more diverse church in the Temecula area so our child can connect with others like themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties