Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 10:28 PM

1,539 posts, read 3,190,969 times

Advertisements

I must be pretty bored tonight because I actually read this entire thread. Since I did so, I might as well chime in. I recently moved from Mission Viejo to Ontario/RC (right on the border) and can honestly say that overall I prefer RC to Mission Viejo. It seems to not be so congested and the people seem more normal. If I saw one more soccer mom with big lips and big twins I was going to scream. Granted it is a lot hotter, but so what, that's what pools and a/c are for. I still don't want to be in CA forever, but until we leave, I think it's going to be a good fit for us. We could never have afforded what we have out here in MV. So I think it could work for some people, BUT the job situation in the IE DOES suck. Being bilingual is required for about 85% of the jobs. Brittany, good luck to you...if you don't like the IE so what? It's not a personal attack on anyone. I think you're going to love WA. And as long as you have the financial backing you say you do, you should be fine, because it might take you longer than you expect to find a job.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:05 PM

181 posts, read 684,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKgirlinCA View Post
I must be pretty bored tonight because I actually read this entire thread. Since I did so, I might as well chime in. I recently moved from Mission Viejo to Ontario/RC (right on the border) and can honestly say that overall I prefer RC to Mission Viejo. It seems to not be so congested and the people seem more normal. If I saw one more soccer mom with big lips and big twins I was going to scream. Granted it is a lot hotter, but so what, that's what pools and a/c are for. I still don't want to be in CA forever, but until we leave, I think it's going to be a good fit for us. We could never have afforded what we have out here in MV. So I think it could work for some people, BUT the job situation in the IE DOES suck. Being bilingual is required for about 85% of the jobs. Brittany, good luck to you...if you don't like the IE so what? It's not a personal attack on anyone. I think you're going to love WA. And as long as you have the financial backing you say you do, you should be fine, because it might take you longer than you expect to find a job.
thank you. Good luck to you too. Enjoy Victoria Gardens in RC ! That's an awesome mall. And I couldn't agree more about Orange County. I was actually happy to leave there, I don't miss the people at all. I miss the weather !!!!!

Old 09-28-2009, 11:21 PM

1,539 posts, read 3,190,969 times
I can't stand the weather....I crave change. Rain, thunderstorms, lightning..an occasional snow etc...We're moving to Dallas eventually and I will definitely get the varied weather I seek. Anyhow, enjoy WA, I agree it will be a better place to live than most of the IE.

Old 09-29-2009, 01:49 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,906,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanykayy View Post
You get a life too and stop following my posts. Geeze.
Wow...so you don't understand how this works? If you go under "Statistics" then "Posts made" you can find out whether or not new posts are made under yours. It's pretty simple. Not too hard. So, if I find a recent post that I made...say one from last night or so, then I find a newer post from another poster, I can publically read it. Then is the judgement call. Seeing how your's was entitled "Anyone considering moving to the IE don't" then you rant on. And on, and on.

So if you want posts private, I'd suggest not going online. You know, not a public forum of discussion.

Old 09-29-2009, 01:51 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,906,906 times
Look, BK, don't flatter yourself...it's an internet forum...people aren't following you...they're following their own posts, thus the discussion that they are involved in.

Old 09-29-2009, 08:26 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
But... but... you are from California....
I sure am and I miss lots of things about it. We originally didn't leave to get away from the state but because of a career change, now I probably wouldn't move back. Things have changed and going back never really works, but we did think about it at one time.

Nita

Old 09-29-2009, 08:30 AM

191 posts, read 586,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
great comeback. We sometimes give similar advise about here. Stay away, we love ya, but we don't want to spoil the enviornment we love. That is why Or and WA has asked people in Ca to stay where they are...

Nita
The only thing more hilarious than people from OR/WA/CO/AZ frowning on Californians is ex-Californians from OR/WA/CO/AZ frowning on Californians.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:52 AM

31 posts, read 126,852 times
This thread has become very mean-spirited. Thank goodness most Californians (Raider fans excluded ) are more courteous than this thread reflects.

In my opinion, we should go a little easier on her. She's young and wants to try out something new. I'd bet we've all been there before. Of course, there may be more effective ways of communicating that than to insult where we live...

Old 09-29-2009, 11:24 AM

1,458 posts, read 3,283,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
I don't think you understand the he was kind of mocking you...
Why would I mock a smart model? My comment was more to gage a possible intent.

There are a lot of folks in the IE, especially those that have grown up and lived here all there lives that resent the changes that have occured to the Inland Empire.

They have seen the rapid transition of open fields, natural landscapes get buthchered into housing developments and track shopping centers. They've experienced once favored mom and pa stores get shut down by the likes of Walmart and Targets moving in. They've seen once dirt roads and single tracks get converted into mega throughways. While some may see this as progress, others may see it as the Locusts coming in.

Some move, some stay, some cacoon and put up barriers, and some adapt. The constant is change. Even the beautiful landscape in Washington are getting peppered with boats, congestion, and trees cut down and converted to unaffordable mcMansions.

Sad, but everybody wants a piece of the pie, but please, don't touch mine!

P.S. I'm a relatively new comer into the IE, so don't hate me

-chuck22b (Locust #20,031)

Old 09-29-2009, 12:04 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gthorson View Post
This thread has become very mean-spirited. Thank goodness most Californians (Raider fans excluded ) are more courteous than this thread reflects.

In my opinion, we should go a little easier on her. She's young and wants to try out something new. I'd bet we've all been there before. Of course, there may be more effective ways of communicating that than to insult where we live...
have you read the entire thread? Anyone who has an ego like hers should be able to understand the criticism plus she opened up a can or worms by her original post. It served no purpose except to put many on the defensive. A few of us even tried to point out the pros and cons of her wanting to move, explaining it may not be what she had hoped for. She took it persoanlly. There is more to the story than what you see as one sided. You do seem to understand about the way she did communicate. People really do not want to hear how awful the place they call home is unless someone asks the question.

I do think it is time for the moderators to close this thread. That I can see happening and I hope it does.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties