Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 08:59 PM

132 posts, read 426,878 times

Advertisements

Ah, to be young and naive. Oh, wait - I'm younger than the OP.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side. I love Seattle, too, but you need to be realistic with yourself. If I see you complaining in the Seattle forum next year about how you hate the weather, I won't be remotely surprised.

I think you're putting the whole IE in to where you live and San Bernardino. Palm Springs is absolutely gorgeous - I love it there. Chino Hills is very pretty too. There's a lot of slime and crime in the IE but it's not prevalent.

I moved to California from New York a little over 3 years ago when I was 19 and haven't looked back. I hated where I'm from just as much as you hate where you're from - but it doesn't make your dream move the best move. I'm in a place I can't stand because I did exactly what you did and assumed (before the economy was in the toilet) that I was a shoe-in for many position where I moved to. Didn't happen. I had to settle for crappy jobs working in restaurants and everything else just to get by, I've been laid off, and I've had periods of homelessness. I'm in college now and will be moving next year if all goes well, but you really can't be that delusional thinking Seattle is the answer to your life's problems. It's not. It won't be.

For every position you apply for, I'm sure at least 20 native Seattleites will be vying for it too. So this:
Quote:
Young, vibrant, smart, confident, college degree, excellent work experience, amazing references, and the ability to blow away my competition at any interview. I have never lost a position to anyone.
is complete foolish to think you're basically the best. There's a lot of unemployment in WA state right now.. so again, think before you do something you'll regret.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:26 PM

1,687 posts, read 6,073,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanykayy View Post
I know I hate LA traffic!! I get my hair done at warren tricomi on Melrose and it is a 5 hour waste in traffic (both ways combined) It drives me crazy !!!
Ding, ding, ding. There is your point of reference folks.

The average middle class or working class person thinking about moving to the IE is not going to be havng their hair done at the same LA salon as Heidi, Lauren, and Audrina from MTV's The Hills.

brittanykayy's comments are valid for her and her lifestyle. But not for many other people who are going to have different values and preferences.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:38 PM

181 posts, read 684,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by handiquack View Post
Ah, to be young and naive. Oh, wait - I'm younger than the OP.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side. I love Seattle, too, but you need to be realistic with yourself. If I see you complaining in the Seattle forum next year about how you hate the weather, I won't be remotely surprised.

I think you're putting the whole IE in to where you live and San Bernardino. Palm Springs is absolutely gorgeous - I love it there. Chino Hills is very pretty too. There's a lot of slime and crime in the IE but it's not prevalent.

I moved to California from New York a little over 3 years ago when I was 19 and haven't looked back. I hated where I'm from just as much as you hate where you're from - but it doesn't make your dream move the best move. I'm in a place I can't stand because I did exactly what you did and assumed (before the economy was in the toilet) that I was a shoe-in for many position where I moved to. Didn't happen. I had to settle for crappy jobs working in restaurants and everything else just to get by, I've been laid off, and I've had periods of homelessness. I'm in college now and will be moving next year if all goes well, but you really can't be that delusional thinking Seattle is the answer to your life's problems. It's not. It won't be.

For every position you apply for, I'm sure at least 20 native Seattleites will be vying for it too. So this:
is complete foolish to think you're basically the best. There's a lot of unemployment in WA state right now.. so again, think before you do something you'll regret.
Who ever said Seattle would be the answer to my lifes problems? That was a statement I NEVER stated. Not even close. Actually, I dont really have any problems...no big ones at least. Money is not an issue, thank goodness, and that gives me the freedom to take risks that others normally wouldnt. I only have one life and I am going to live it. I make good decisions. Always have. If I fail, I thank God for my wonderful parents who always have my back. I can always count on them. Never had had to, but they are there if I need help for any reason.

I never said I was the best either. But, I am confident, talented, skilled, and a great candidate for many positions. News flash: The IE has MUCH more unemployment than Seattle. If I don't like it there, I'll move somewhere else. Or anywhere else I decide.

I look at life as an adventure and journey. I am not going to waste it by being stuck in some dead end town wishing I would have "gone for it". I am NOT that type of person. I am sorry you had to go through what you did with being homeless, really my heart goes out to you and I mean that.

Last edited by brittanykayy; 09-27-2009 at 10:01 PM..

Old 09-27-2009, 10:53 PM

132 posts, read 426,878 times
Quote:
Who ever said Seattle would be the answer to my lifes problems? That was a statement I NEVER stated. Not even close. Actually, I dont really have any problems...no big ones at least. Money is not an issue, thank goodness, and that gives me the freedom to take risks that others normally wouldnt. I only have one life and I am going to live it. I make good decisions. Always have. If I fail, I thank God for my wonderful parents who always have my back. I can always count on them. Never had had to, but they are there if I need help for any reason.

I never said I was the best either. But, I am confident, talented, skilled, and a great candidate for many positions. News flash: The IE has MUCH more unemployment than Seattle. If I don't like it there, I'll move somewhere else. Or anywhere else I decide.

I look at life as an adventure and journey. I am not going to waste it by being stuck in some dead end town wishing I would have "gone for it". I am NOT that type of person. I am sorry you had to go through what you did with being homeless, really my heart goes out to you and I mean that.
I'm glad you have a happy-go-lucky attitude and parents to bail you out of life's problems if things go awry. It's not going to get you anywhere in the world, but more power to you.

Old 09-27-2009, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by handiquack View Post
I'm glad you have a happy-go-lucky attitude and parents to bail you out of life's problems if things go awry. It's not going to get you anywhere in the world, but more power to you.

Never needed a bail out. I make good decisions. But yes, its great to have a supportive family. Maybe thats why I turned out so well unlike most people my age. And I'd say a college degree from UCI, a positive attitude, and a good head on my shoulders will get me pretty far.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:23 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,942,396 times
Allow me to Cliff's this for those who don't feel like wading through the goo:

Self-absorbed young girl, who makes a 180 mile round trip to West Hollywood so she can say she gets her hair done at Warren Tricomi, doesn't like the Inland Empire and wants everyone to know both these facts.

She notes that the IE is hot and full of track (sic) homes.

The End

Old 09-28-2009, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Allow me to Cliff's this for those who don't feel like wading through the goo:

Self-absorbed young girl, who makes a 180 mile round trip to West Hollywood so she can say she gets her hair done at Warren Tricomi, doesn't like the Inland Empire and wants everyone to know both these facts.

She notes that the IE is hot and full of track (sic) homes.

The End
Whats the big deal? I model, which means I have to keep my hair up nicely. My hairstylist happens to work at a good hair salon. The End.

I swear, most of the people on this forum need to accept others opinions lightly and stop the personal attacks.
I'm sorry you don't like where I get my hair done, or that I want to move to Washington. Boo hoo.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:28 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanykayy View Post
Whats the big deal? I model, which means I have to keep my hair up nicely. My hairstylist happens to work at a good hair salon. The End.

I swear, most of the people on this forum need to accept others opinions lightly and stop the personal attacks.
I'm sorry you don't like where I get my hair done, or that I want to move to Washington. Boo hoo.
And maybe others need to be a little more honest with themselves and others?

Nita

Old 09-28-2009, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
And maybe others need to be a little more honest with themselves and others?

Nita
It's my honest opinion that the IE sucks. Thats it. Big deal. This thread should be over now. It hasn't been about the IE the last two pages. It's been about me. Pretty lame if you ask me, how people spend time hating on others for their hygiene habits. Get over it people. You don't agree with me that the IE sucks. Yay !

Old 09-28-2009, 03:13 PM

1,458 posts, read 3,283,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Fair enough...a public service announcement.
One of the beauties I've found since moving to the IE is the reduced congestion, more open space, and newer amenities.

Therefore, if BK's message actually reduces the population growth, congestion, and general crowdedness/development, then Yes! she is doing a public service.

BEWARE of the IE! It's HORRIBLE HERE!

-chuck22b
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties