Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 07:41 PM

4 posts, read 11,271 times

Advertisements

Hello. I searched Menifee thread but i couldn't find information i was looking for.
I'm looking for buying a home Chester Morrison/Evans Ranch areas.
How safe is there? Area I should avoid?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2009, 08:28 PM

73 posts, read 305,950 times
lizzy4, I was trying make the same decision myself. I was getting more desperate looking at how far out of Murrieta/Temecula I wanted to get in order to get a better value (larger/bigger yard) home and figured I would check out Menifee. After driving out there on Monday, I've decided to no longer look in Menifee. It is far too rural for me. There are a couple of nice track homes but they are surrounded by the scariest elements of trailers and 3rd world country looking properties. This area is unincorporated so no schools of their own, no commercial areas etc. The prices they are asking for the homes are not THAT much better (maybe 50k less) than Murrieta and Temecula. For that, it would not be worth it imo.

Old 10-19-2009, 05:48 PM

4 posts, read 11,271 times
jtsigma

When i went to the area, i didn't drive around so much. I didn't see those trailers you are talking about. well, i'm checking that out again soon. Thanks for your comment.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:24 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,421,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzy4 View Post
jtsigma

When i went to the area, i didn't drive around so much. I didn't see those trailers you are talking about. well, i'm checking that out again soon. Thanks for your comment.
The menifee greens housing tract is where I live. The homes range from 2400 to about 3500 sq feet. They are in the price range of 200-250s now. This area is east of the 215 fwy and Newport Rd exit and just north of where Menifee Rd and Newport intersects right by Freedom Crest Elementary school. I would say that the eastern side of Menifee is where you would find some really nice neighborhoods that are less than 10 years old. With the housing bust, many homes are empty, but they are offering some good deals. The homes in my neighborhood are not staying on the market that long.

Last edited by antredd; 10-19-2009 at 10:35 PM..

Old 10-19-2009, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzy4 View Post
jtsigma

We took Bundy Canyon Road from Ortego Hwy. Basically if you go from Bundy Canyon from the 15fwy to Menifee , you should see what I'm talking about. Actually I noticed it everywhere surrounding Menifee even immediately on the roads outside surrounding the track areas.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:34 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,576,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsigma View Post
We took Bundy Canyon Road from Ortego Hwy. Basically if you go from Bundy Canyon from the 15fwy to Menifee , you should see what I'm talking about. Actually I noticed it everywhere surrounding Menifee even immediately on the roads outside surrounding the track areas.
So what's wrong the country look it was there long before city folks started to changing things, you know some people buy homes to actually live in , not just for an investment so they can sell in a few yrs and maybe make a profit . But then again that thinking is what got us ( you all) in the trouble we (You all ) are having right now. A home is what you make of it. Just because it doesn't look like a palace doesn't mean it isn't a home or a good neighbor hood.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:43 AM

Yeah, you're right... those unkept properties and mobile homes *might* be good families and un-materialistic and good on them. I wasn't thinking of a home as an investment either but in general when you think of these types of mobile homes and unkept property lots it *usually* indicated poor people which usually mean crime. I would bet you the assumption I've made is correct because if you look at crimereports.com the # of incidents in Menifee is far far far higher than Murrieta. I'm more concerned for the welfare and safety of family. Add to that there is no local police enforcement (they hire from either Temecula or elsewhere), that adds to the problem. I know because there are unincorporated areas near where I live now with the same sort of police outsourcing situation , and for that sole reason alone crime is far more abundant in those areas than in an INcorporated area. If the cops take 3x as long to get to the crime, it's going to be a problem.

Old 10-20-2009, 09:02 AM

63 posts, read 154,573 times
I am pretty sure that most Riverside, especially in the Murietta area, have higher rates of domestic disturbances than anything. Crime, yes. But the type of crime that means your tires get slashed? No.

Old 10-20-2009, 09:04 AM

2,404 posts, read 6,576,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsigma View Post
Yeah, you're right... those unkept properties and mobile homes *might* be good families and un-materialistic and good on them. I wasn't thinking of a home as an investment either but in general when you think of these types of mobile homes and unkept property lots it *usually* indicated poor people which usually mean crime. I would bet you the assumption I've made is correct because if you look at crimereports.com the # of incidents in Menifee is far far far higher than Murrieta. I'm more concerned for the welfare and safety of family. Add to that there is no local police enforcement (they hire from either Temecula or elsewhere), that adds to the problem. I know because there are unincorporated areas near where I live now with the same sort of police outsourcing situation , and for that sole reason alone crime is far more abundant in those areas than in an INcorporated area. If the cops take 3x as long to get to the crime, it's going to be a problem.
There is one thing wrong with your thoughts on this matter , that is , just because they are poor doesn't mean they go around steeling from others ! But if you check on the areas of the crimes stats you will find that it is in the *NEW* construction areas because of the grouth in the area . Might just find that it is all the OC gang members trying to keep up with the Jones that are doing the stealing , after all before the building started crime was down. This I know as I have many friends in Menifee having lived in the area for over 23 yrs before retiring . Additionally a thief usually doesn't steal in his own area

Old 10-20-2009, 10:38 AM

You could be right about that. But when you usually see crime on that report site of course they're going to be crime in the newer homes. Why would someone steal from those mobile homes and old dirt lots? If I were a thief, which target would I chose?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties