Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 10:06 AM

187 posts, read 636,076 times

Advertisements

finally, decision was taken,we move to temecula.I have some questions.What is the most expensive,prestigious neighborhood in Temecula?What is the greenest area?In which neihborhood you can find hills and bike trailers?how far away are the mountains for skiing and snowboarding?
At French valley Airport are around 105.000 takeofss and landing each year.What about noise polution and pollution generally because of this?Are some neighborhhods more affected and some less?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 10:48 AM

5,113 posts, read 19,758,544 times
Snow is going to be Big Bear, which is north. Not sure of the drive exactly, but I'd imagine 2 hours or so.
One of the most expensive neighborhoods I've seen is Crowne Hill, but I'm sure there are more prestigious ones.
There's not much in the way of "green". It's an arid area. You have to go a little south into San Diego County to start getting some green. The weather is good enough for the vineyards(which mature nice in the daytime heat), but there is irrigation involved.

Old 10-20-2009, 01:57 PM

1,061 posts, read 3,582,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buburuza 1313 View Post
finally, decision was taken,we move to temecula.I have some questions.What is the most expensive,prestigious neighborhood in Temecula?What is the greenest area?In which neihborhood you can find hills and bike trailers?how far away are the mountains for skiing and snowboarding?
At French valley Airport are around 105.000 takeofss and landing each year.What about noise polution and pollution generally because of this?Are some neighborhhods more affected and some less?

Thanks
Crowne Hill is pricey, but it is still, for the most part, a standard subdivision. To get custom homes on large lots, take a look at Meadowview or Santiago Estates. The most expensive home on the MLS in Temecula right now is: 4325 Calle De Velardo, priced at $2,495,000.00. It has 5800 sq. ft on almost 3 acres of land in Santiago Estates. There are plenty of others in that same neighborhood that are almost $2M.

Over in Meadowview, which is lush and green and hilly and full of horses, you'll find this house: 30950 Avenida Buena Suerte, priced at only $749,000.00. It has almost 4,000 sq. ft. on 9 (yes nine!) acres of land.

If I wanted the nicest neighborhood with the most trees in Temecula, I would look at these two neighborhoods.

I experience no noticeable noise pollution from the French Valley airport. It's not big commercial jets- just small commuter planes.

Old 10-21-2009, 11:27 AM

it looks like temecula is cheaper then Napa.The most expensive houses hier around are eight digits,so with 2.5 millions cheap compared to hier.
9 acres for 750000,not bad,i would love it.usa is much cheaper then europe (Germany,Swiss) right now.

thanks dweej

Old 10-21-2009, 11:37 AM

Yes! Especially with the exchange rate, you guys will be in good shape . My husband sells custom classical guitars and he has received more international orders than domestic orders because it's more affordable for them to purchase at U.S. prices and ship across the ocean than to pay market price in Euros. Good luck!

Old 10-22-2009, 12:53 AM

3,113 posts, read 8,377,103 times
If you want the nicest part of Temecula - and the greenest - look near DeLuz. DeLuz is actually in San Diego County, but the road leading to it has beautiful estates with oak groves, with Temecula addresses - if that's important to you. If not, just follow that road all the way into Fallbrook and it gets greener and greener!

Old 10-22-2009, 02:18 PM

If you do this, just be careful with school zone boundaries. TVUSD is a very highly rated school system, and I know it's one of the reasons the OP chose Temecula over some of her other options. Fallbrook is lovely to look at, but there are no city emergency services (everything is county contracted) and the school district is dismal. I used to live there before we moved to Temecula, and have never regretted our decision.

Old 10-23-2009, 08:14 AM

i am thinking at margarita middle school or hillcrest academy.We have hills hier and i was told temecula hills is a nice area and margarita middle school is the best rated in the county.I have never been there,i have to see everything with my eyes,talk with mothers,kids and so on.
Are hier any mothers from Margarita Middle school?What do you think about the school?
thanks for all answers
how does the area look like around margarita middle school?

Old 10-23-2009, 01:54 PM

There is no neighborhood called Temecula Hills- you're probably thinking of Temeku Hills, which is a very nice suburban neighborhood, but the yards are small. It's on a beautiful golf course right in the middle of town, very convenient location. I believe Meadowview would also be zoned for Margarita Middle school, and Meadowview actually has more hills and trees than Temeku Hills. They are *totally* different kinds of neighborhoods. The lots in Meadowview are very large, the streets are hilly and windy, lots of old, mature trees, and many people with horses. Each home is custom built, so you get a lot of variation in the architecture. Temeku Hills is a very clean, pristine, "cookie cutter" master-planned community. All the homes and yards look the same, the lots are small, not many trees, but it is on a golf course, so the views from the some of the homes are beautiful.

As for middle schools, Temecula Middle School is more highly rated than Margarita. I know the areas around both of those schools very well, and the demographic attending TMS tends to be higher achieving academically. Of course, we're starting to get very nit-picky here, because we're talking about two very good middle schools in a very good school district. *But*, based on your previous posts, looking for an expensive, prestigious neighborhood, you will find more families from expensive, prestigious neighborhoods at TMS than you will find at Margarita. All the families who live in wine country, Vintage Hills, Crowne Hill, Santiago Estates, Paseo del Sol are zoned for TMS. Margarita Middle school has some nice neighborhoods zoned for it- Meadowview and Temeku Hills, but also many, many of the apartment communities, older condo developments, etc., so you'll find a more diverse population. Not to say that a diverse population is a negative, but based on what you personally seem to be seeking, Temecula Middle School might be a better fit.

Sorry for such a long reply! Good luck.

Old 10-26-2009, 01:29 PM

dweej thank you a lot for your answers

i chosed margarita middle based on teh answers we got from the school:

"....We have had the two Riverside County Math Teacher of the Year over the past 5 years. We have taken county and state honors for our competitive math and science teams.....
......Riverside is made up of 74 middle schools and we are the number one middle school in the county! We have been the number one middle school in the county for 4 out of the past 5 years. I think that speaks volumes as to the academic rigor at our school...."

according to the API,margarita middle school has the higher score...

margarita school has also less students then temecula middle school around 1300...

i think both schools are good and there is no big differences between the two schools...but i think the area around temecula middle school might be more,what we are looking for...

anyway my husband arrived safely in temecula and i will have a better feeling for the place through his pictures and his eyes and opinions.He knows,what we like.

thanks a lot
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties